Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD/Streaming News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-22-2007, 05:17 PM   #16
applecherry
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Adamantium]From the ones that are already available to the ones coming up, which Complete Series Boxed Sets are the coolest?

THE KING OF QUEENS COMPLETE BOX SET LOOKS COOL. GOT A VIEW OF IT
ON TVSHOWS ON DVD.COM
applecherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:16 AM   #17
Moonlit_Suburb
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
As far as the overall amount of material, I'd say Freaks and Geeks.
Agreed!

As far as the packages go, I like the Full House (Tanner house) and Gilmore Girls (retro doll case) sets.
Moonlit_Suburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:39 AM   #18
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

The King of Queens set is cute. I love the Six Feet Under set. I thought the Northern Exposure set was pretty neat.

I was dissapointed with the Addams Family box set. I think they could have come up with some alot better then what they did.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #19
TVQuack
Watching Ed!
Forum Regular

The Seinfeld set looks good

TV DVD's....it's a way of life.
TVQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #20
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

I agree with the Seinfeld set, it looks fantastic.

The Sex And The City is classy and I love the space-saving of the Buffy set.
Dean Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #21
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium
From the ones that are already available to the ones coming up, which Complete Series Boxed Sets are the coolest?

I think that prize would have to go to the upcoming "King of Queens" set. It's an IPS truck with Doug, Carrie and Arthur visible through the windows. I imagine you open up the back of the truck and take out the discs.

Another cool one is the "Get Smart" set. It has three or four doors you open to get to it. If you know the show, then you know the opening credits has Max walking through all these doors.

"Land of the Giants" is another cool one.

I can drive the IPS truck around DVD Land where it can make deliveries to the Tanners of Full House and the Barones of Everybody Loves Raymond. What fun I'll have.

Well I don't know if the set below is one is the coolest but if it's gotten cheaply you seem to get a lot of bang for your buck.

I'm talking about the release of the entire I Love Lucy series-seasons 1-9--soup to nuts. The down side is that it's cheaply packaged although cute to look at in the store. The plus is all the eps--and since The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hours are included (seasons 7-9) you get a lot. I hadn't expected 7-9 to be included, so this was a big plus for me. It is cheaply put together, although the quality of the DVDs is fine-- I wouldn't go over $150 for it; got mine at Target for $140. I understand it's $140 @ Costco too. I can overlook the cheap cardboard/plastic froo-froo packaging as I'm wrapping the DVD clusters in plastic and putting them in a storage box. I do this wi all my series--cuts down on clutter.

What makes this set appealing to me is having ALL of the 50s Lucy tv shows. I orig. came on the bd for The Adv. of O & H but since that bd's pretty dead I got acquainted with other bds and esp I Love Lucy. I always loved the show, and know I've probably seen every ep once over the many yrs of syndication. But I'd forgotten the details of many. So going back and re-visiting this series closely has turned out to be a real joy. And since I only had seasons 1 &2 this set seemed like a good deal. I'm going to donate my seaon 1 & 2 DVD/VHS sets to a charity that helps retrain workers, many of whom are on tight budgets. Another personal plus for me is getting rid of a lot of space-hogging VHSs.

So...this set is a mixed bag--but for many, myself included, the +'s outweigh the -'s

xxoo You both Rock!!

Last edited by OH Nuts!; 11-21-2007 at 12:56 AM.
OH Nuts! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #22
clj2

I don't have any complete series box sets yet, but I've heard the Get Smart one is very good. I'd love to get that one..
clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote