Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet (Sitcoms Online) / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet Photo Gallery

The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Buy The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons on DVD
Ozzie & Harriet Classics

Buy Ozzie & Harriet Classics on DVD
The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection

Buy The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Coach Father's Day Marathon; The CW Acquires Patrick Dempsey Thriller for Fall 2020
HBO Max Comedy Starts Strong; Alexa & Katie Returns in June for Final Episodes
Ted Lasso Coming Soon to Apple TV+; Quibi Picks Up 2nd Season of Dishmantled
Disney+ Orders Second Season of Diary of a Future President; Young Sheldon Streaming on HBO Max
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 1, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Acquires Young Sheldon; Simpsons Now Available in Original Aspect Ratio on Disney+
Fri-Yay: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Continues to Delight and Improve; Remembering Richard Herd of Seinfeld

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April/May/June)

Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season

02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-04-2019, 10:02 PM   #1
Hazel Anyday

Crazy What's Hapa ning? O&Z on the air again

One of the shows I've grown to love is Ozzie & Harriet (the other being Bachelor Father, both shows I thought were stupid when I first started watching but got hooked on each one the more I watched, to the point I look forward now to seeing them). Unfortunately I only have about 90 or 100 episodes that I got from RTN way back when they first started up (it's been many years now since RTN was taken off my digital lineup) and it was thru watching those shows that the show grew on me. I've wished I had more episodes since then, --- then --- last night!!!! Have I built enough suspense yet?

OK, last night I discovered while channel surfing a new channel I never had before. It's called HAPA, huh?, yeah that's what I said, but facts are facts, HAPA. This Hapa channel has taken the place of some gosh-awful channel called Mnet, or something like that, it was another one of those wasted cable channel spaces that showed nothing but weird bizarre Korean or Japanese or Philippine music videos. Who knew they even had music videos, but they made plenty of lousy ones and Mnet showed them all. Well, finally Mnet is kaput and this kooky HAPA network has taken it's place. Hapa seems to show a mix of really bad unheard of movies from the '70's mixed with extremely old what I think are public domain TV shows of the '50s including (so far discovered) Ozzie..., Suspense, My Little Margie, Dragnet, Lone Ranger, and The Saint!!, that's a goodie that's not public domain. Then the rest of the time they're showing 1/2 hour commercials.

The bad news there is NO news of this channel on the web, no schedule, no Hapa website, no nuthin'. Maybe I was dreamin' all this. Anyway last night I recorded 2 Ozzie shows shown at 2 & 2:30 in the morning. The quality of the shows were nil, very blurry and a kind of muffled (which makes me think these are pub domains). Lousy looking or not, as they say, any port in the storm. Now more bad news, to record these shows you have to check daily their cable schedule, these shows are shown at different times of the day each day!!!!! AHHH, a recorders nightmare, not only that but there is no information at all as to what or which episode is being played. All you get on the cable guide is the name of the TV series, no episode info at all on ALL of the shows they're showing.

At least this is as of now. It's my hope that as time goes on HAPA and the cable companies will get their act together and they'll start posting episode info. and eventually services like Titan TV will figure out there's a new channel on the block and stop showing listings for that Korean music vid waste of space that's now gone.

This is a mixed blessing, I'm glad finally to have Ozzie back but this is going to be a lot of work to figure out the mess.

So, some good news, I suppose, even if it makes figuring out what episode you're watching impossible unless you investigate an episode guide and read thru each episode description to find one that matches what you've seen. What a mess. But it's Ozzie anyway, sort of a "kind of better than nothing" situation.

By the way, when I tried to figure out what HAPA means I found out the word was a Hawaiian term for mixed race that Philippines still use or some group still uses it, not sure, this ain't no book report, only saying what I remember reading. Now what HAPA and old shows and lousy movies and 1/2 hour commercials have to do with mixed race is anybody's guess.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:26 PM   #2
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Idol

Hey there Hazel AD. Been watching your namesake on Antenna!

FYI, there are A LOT of O & H eps on YouTube; a veritable treasure trove of them. Just google Ozzie and Harriet in You Tube and they’ll pop right up. Happy Viewing!

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:53 AM   #3
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan

This sounds like Folk TV that has a thread on General Sitcoms. I searched up their schedule and couldn't even find anything current.
stevea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:25 PM   #4
Hazel Anyday

Huh, I never heard of Folk TV, this new channel on my Fios line-up is called HAPA, unfortunately there isn't any more clue as to the details of their programs. Tonight they're showing Red Skelton Show (didn't see this but most likely these are b/w '50's shows, I'd be more interested in the color '60's shows, those are the ones I used to watch as a kid) also they show Secret Agent Man and The Saint and Route 66 every weeknight. So these are all good shows and I'm sure aren't public domain. Tonight in the wee hours they show Annie Oakley and Robin Hood. So this channel is showing some good things, but still there's no detail anywhere on which episodes are being shown, only the series name, period. Hopefully this changes soon as "HAPA" comes into it's own.
Hazel Anyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:18 PM   #5
Hazel Anyday

Smile Here's What's Hapa ning.

Well, after watching HAPA TV now for a couple weeks I've discovered whenever they show vintage TV they are "sharing" with FOLK TV (which I also never heard of). So you were right about that Stevea, it is Folk TV Hapa is showing. They'll even announce "you're watching FOLK TV" then show the Hapa badge at the bottom corner of the screen. Sort of a TV channel with a split personality that can't make up it's mind what it is.

Overnight after 2 am Hapa reverts to it's old horrible Chinese or Korean (who knows) "modern" pop music videos. They all seem to be about 40 years behind the times, lots of loud colors, idiot boy bands, and girl groups that all seem to feature hot to trot 17 year old nymphs staring into the camera with pouted lips akimbo. After 2 am it's the Chinese version of the old 80's MTV videos though these are newly made and so "mod".

The only shows on there that interest me though are Ozzie & Harriet, My Little Margie, The Gabby Hayes Show!, yes! I've never even seen this before now and it's great, esp. if you're a Gabby fan and also the British Brian Clemens version of Thriller on Saturday night.

The bad news is they list NO absolutely NO details about what episodes they're showing and many times not even WHEN they're going to be showing them. They used to have the vintage sitcoms on at 6 am to 9 am last week, now it's all never ending commercials during those morning hours and the vintage sitcoms are now seen from midnight to 2 am. So Monday as of now at least at midnight is when 2 hours of O&H is on (which episodes? You have to watch and look thru the episode guide to figure that out) then Tuesdays at midnight (now) for 2 hours is My Little Margie (once again NO detail about episode titles you watch and you study epis. guides to figure out what you're watching). Some shows they run also is lots of Lone Ranger and lots of Roy Rogers Shows, of course no details as to episode titles. Fortunately FETV showed Roy Rogers WITH episode details so I recorded from FETV so I don't care what Hapa does now. They just need to IMPROVE greatly their schedule details and also add more variety of VINTAGE TV shows to their line-up instead of daily marathons of Lone Ranger and Roy Rogers.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:35 PM   #6
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan

We've discovered evidence that FETV and Antenna TV appear to have some kind of sharing arrangement with "Father Knows Best."

So this sharing with FOLK and HAPA might be a similar thing. The one difference being that the copyright on FKB was probably not allowed to expire, therefore it's not in the public domain like O&H (except the musical performances) and the other old FOLK/HAPA shows are.

Just an added thought: I doubt on FOLK/HAPA you'd ever see/hear Rick Nelson do a song. That's probably always edited out.
stevea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:57 PM   #7
Hazel Anyday

Wink Ricky Sings or actually sleeps thru his songs on Hapa

Actually, last week I did see Ricky sleeping thru one of his songs on one of the episodes. It was one of Rick's early hits, don't ask me what it was, I forget. Never was a Ricky music fan, it was before my time, though I'm familiar with the music. Ricky when he got older seems to have needed to chug a lug Bolt cola before he "performed", any minute I expect him to fall off the stage in slumberland.

They seem to be skipping all over the place from season to season from one episode to the next. No such thing as chronological order on Hapa, guess you might say it's more hapa-hazard style of broadcast.

FETV does show some of the same shows Antenna TV shows, Hazel, Bewitched, FKB, Partridge Fam. and Monkees. But all those shows have never been shown on FETV with the Antenna TV logo, I think FETV just shows what they think is popular and doesn't bother or maybe doesn't even know that there are other great '50's and '60's shows beside the ones Antenna has shown. How about Love That Bob for a hint FETV? Love to see Love That Bob and also while I'm at it, I'd love to see Bachelor Father return to broadcast TV again. Anyone listening over there at FETV or Ant TV?
Old 09-07-2019, 12:23 AM   #8
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Idol

Sadly I don’t get HAPA. Jumping all over the place does sound odd; practically every station I’ve seen does the oldies in strict chronological order.
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:36 PM   #9
Flowerchild04
Happy New Year!!!!!!
Frequent Poster

I do have the ZLiving health channel but the O & H show comes on very late for me being in school so I took to searching on my Roku and found a channel called Comedy Classic where they had 15 episodes of Season One where I have been watching it and I am hooked. I love Ricky and David and how they are always teasing each other. I also like the interaction of the neighbor Thorny and Ozzie.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:36 PM   #10
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerchild04 View Post
I took to searching on my Roku and found a channel called Comedy Classic where they had 15 episodes of Season One
There's a channel that you can get through Roku called Classic Hollywood TV that has every episode from every season.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:37 PM   #11
Flowerchild04
Happy New Year!!!!!!
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM77 View Post
There's a channel that you can get through Roku called Classic Hollywood TV that has every episode from every season.
Thanks, I found it.
Flowerchild04 is offline   Reply With Quote