Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet (Sitcoms Online) / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet Photo Gallery


The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Buy The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons on DVD
Ozzie & Harriet Classics

Buy Ozzie & Harriet Classics on DVD
The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection

Buy The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Ted Lasso Coming Soon to Apple TV+; Quibi Picks Up 2nd Season of Dishmantled
Disney+ Orders Second Season of Diary of a Future President; Young Sheldon Streaming on HBO Max
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 1, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Acquires Young Sheldon; Simpsons Now Available in Original Aspect Ratio on Disney+
Fri-Yay: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Continues to Delight and Improve; Remembering Richard Herd of Seinfeld
Apple TV+ to Reboot Fraggle Rock as Series; Virtual Table Read for Bless the Harts on June 1
2021 Programming Set for FX; Hollywood Game Night Returns for 5 Episodes


New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April/May/June)

Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season

02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
matt77b
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 17, 2009
Location: All over the USA...
Posts: 164
Default David and the Mermaid

I just saw, for the first time ever, the episode "David and the Mermaid" from 1963. I really enjoyed it . . . a funny episode, and one of the relatively few (to my mind at least) that focused on Dave and June. I also noticed that at the women's club dance scene at the end of the episode, members of Rick's band (including James Burton) were on the stage, even though they weren't actually shown performing (nor was Rick on the stage. In fact, he only made a brief appearance at the beginning of the episode.)

Anyway, it's nice to still see, every now and then, an episode that I haven't seen before. I have the 100-ep Mill Creek set, all the Shout Factory sets, and a few other O&H DVDs, but this one isn't on any of them.
matt77b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
jesmelric
Member
Frequent Poster
 
jesmelric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 75
Default

That is one of my favorites, also!! I saw it maybe about two years ago? I think it's definitely one of the best of the later ones. I typically prefer the David/June ones as to the Rick/Kris ones, some how they came off a little bit nicer to me.
jesmelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:31 AM   #3
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Idol
 
OH Nuts!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2005
Posts: 107,294
Default

I saw it a few months ago on You Tube. A very nice ep...and that poor girl...stuck in the mermaid suit. (Time to see it again.)
__________________
Thank you SHOUT! & Antenna TV

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
matt77b
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 17, 2009
Location: All over the USA...
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts!
I saw it a few months ago on You Tube. A very nice ep...and that poor girl...stuck in the mermaid suit. (Time to see it again.)
I saw it on Retro TV, but YouTube certainly has become a great place to find episodes of O&H, often complete and with commercials even. I guess collectors of 16mm films of the show, which were pretty common at one point, have put many of them on there. In many ways, this is great. We fans can watch them for free, plus these films are thus being digitally transferred while they're still in good shape (most of the eps on YT are good in terms of picture and sound quality.) Of course, the prevalence of all these eps on YT underscores the problem of how most eps of the show are in the public domain, the very problem that led to a lot of cheap poor quality DVDs of the show, and the glut of eps on YT probably doesn't bode well for the prospect of future quality DVD releases of the show or for the commercial viability of Sam's project. Then again, we fans were fortunate enough to get the "official" Shout! Factory releases (which I enjoyed despite most of the eps being edited--and the one w/ commentary from David & Sam was great) and the terrific 100-ep Mill Creek set. And while I think it's too bad that the family more or less lost legal ownership of the eps (which has always puzzled me given Ozzie's usual business and legal acumen), as a fan I feel fortunate to be able to watch so many eps, including many that aren't available on DVD, for free!
matt77b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #5
bliss
THAT GIRL
Forum Regular
 
bliss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 26, 2009
Posts: 992
Default

I have enjoyed the Mill Creek set so far. It can be fuzzy at times but still watchable. I was hoping that they would've put out more volumes.
bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #6
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Idol
 
OH Nuts!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2005
Posts: 107,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss
I have enjoyed the Mill Creek set so far. It can be fuzzy at times but still watchable. I was hoping that they would've put out more volumes.
Have you watched any of the Shout! Releases? Their sets are really good!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #7
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Idol
 
OH Nuts!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2005
Posts: 107,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt77b
I saw it on Retro TV, but YouTube certainly has become a great place to find episodes of O&H, often complete and with commercials even. I guess collectors of 16mm films of the show, which were pretty common at one point, have put many of them on there. In many ways, this is great. We fans can watch them for free, plus these films are thus being digitally transferred while they're still in good shape (most of the eps on YT are good in terms of picture and sound quality.) Of course, the prevalence of all these eps on YT underscores the problem of how most eps of the show are in the public domain, the very problem that led to a lot of cheap poor quality DVDs of the show, and the glut of eps on YT probably doesn't bode well for the prospect of future quality DVD releases of the show or for the commercial viability of Sam's project. Then again, we fans were fortunate enough to get the "official" Shout! Factory releases (which I enjoyed despite most of the eps being edited--and the one w/ commentary from David & Sam was great) and the terrific 100-ep Mill Creek set. And while I think it's too bad that the family more or less lost legal ownership of the eps (which has always puzzled me given Ozzie's usual business and legal acumen), as a fan I feel fortunate to be able to watch so many eps, including many that aren't available on DVD, for free!

Yes the glut of so many already released eps does create an obstacle for Sam. I think he should release a 30-40 ep set of those eps that haven't surfaced so far,and ADD a lot of cool bonus material. That, I think would make it more viable.
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:45 PM   #8
CJ
Member
Forum Regular
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 12, 2001
Location: Buckeye State
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts!
Yes the glut of so many already released eps does create an obstacle for Sam. I think he should release a 30-40 ep set of those eps that haven't surfaced so far,and ADD a lot of cool bonus material. That, I think would make it more viable.

I am all for this Undoubtedly, a great source of funding for the continuance of Sam's "project."

Let's see, how about this for the title of the release?

"The Nelson Family Presents, The Really, Really, Really, No Kidding, Really, Really, Really Lost Episodes Of The Adventures Of Ozzie And Harriet."

Heck, I'd even purchase 2 copies, just to boost sales
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.