Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

All Other TV Shows Photo Gallery / Sketch Comedy/Variety/Talk Shows/Late Night TV Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > All Other TV Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Peacock Bulks Up on New Comedies; New Saved by the Bell Trailer Released
Hulu Announces Upcoming Slate for 2020; AMC Gets Real for Animated Drama
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 10, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Who's the Boss? in Line for a Reboot; Love, Victor Renewed for Season Two
Keke Palmer Joins The Proud Family Revival; Amazon to Remake Penny Marshall's A League of Their Own
Tacoma FD Gets Season 3; Stars Come Aboard HBO Pandemic Comedy Event
Quibi Sets Whodunnit Comedy; CW Drops Sketch Comedy After One Airing

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July/August)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-28-2020, 01:09 AM   #1
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default The Ellen DeGeneres Show is under investigation over allegations of a toxic workplace

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ell...on-1234717494/

WarnerMedia has launched an investigation into Ellen DeGeneres' daytime talk show's workplace culture following Buzzfeed's report two weeks ago in which current and former staffers described facing racism, fear and intimidation. "Executives from show producer Telepictures and distributor Warner Bros. Television sent a memo to staffers last week saying they have engaged WBTV-owner WarnerMedias employee relations group and a third party firm, who will interview current and former staffers about their experiences on set," reports Variety, which in April reported of Ellen's poor treatment of legacy employees in wake of the pandemic. Ellen executive producers Ed Glavin, Andy Lassner and Mary Connelly responded to Buzzfeed in its story, saying in a statement: We are truly heartbroken and sorry to learn that even one person in our production family has had a negative experience. Its not who we are and not who we strive to be, and not the mission Ellen has set for us. For the record, the day to day responsibility of the Ellen show is completely on us. We take all of this very seriously and we realize, as many in the world are learning, that we need to do better, are committed to do better, and we will do better.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #2
GentlemanJim
Forum Regular

This story has many in-line links to supporting allegations, such as her former body guard, etc

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-end-tv-career

Two sides I see to this. Many of her defenders point out that other celebrities are well known to be cold and distant from those not in their inner circle. I'm sure this is true.

But, in counterpoint to that, DeGeneres has built her stock in trade projecting a "warm-n-fuzzy" persona. The Hypocrisy might prove fatal.

Could this be like the "LeRosa" event in Arthur Godfrey's career?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur...ind_the_scenes
GentlemanJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:21 AM   #3
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Ellen DeGeneres is "sorry" over Ellen's toxic workplace culture -- one executive producer to exit

In an emotional letter sent to her staff, DeGeneres took responsibility over the toxic workplace allegations reported earlier this month by Buzzfeed and promised to correct the problems. “That will now change and I’m committed to ensuring this does not happen again," she said in the letter. The Hollywood Reporter reports that Ed Glavin, who serves as executive producer along with Mary Connelly and Andy Lassner, is "among those who will be let go." “Once he’s out, it will be like a new day,” a source close to the show, one of two who claim DeGeneres was largely kept shielded from Glavin’s day-to-day handling or mishandling of the staff, told The Hollywood Reporter, which adds: "Others are expected to be out as well." Last week, WarnerMedia announced an investigation into Ellen's workplace culture. "Hey everybody – it’s Ellen," DeGeneres began her letter. "On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that The Ellen DeGeneres Show would be a place of happiness – no one would ever raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect. Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn that this has not been the case. And for that, I am sorry. Anyone who knows me knows it’s the opposite of what I believe and what I hoped for our show. I could not have the success I’ve had without all of your contributions. My name is on the show and everything we do and I take responsibility for that. Alongside Warner Bros, we immediately began an internal investigation and we are taking steps, together, to correct the issues. As we’ve grown exponentially, I’ve not been able to stay on top of everything and relied on others to do their jobs as they knew I’d want them done. Clearly some didn’t. That will now change and I’m committed to ensuring this does not happen again. I’m also learning that people who work with me and for me are speaking on my behalf and misrepresenting who I am and that has to stop. As someone who was judged and nearly lost everything for just being who I am, I truly understand and have deep compassion for those being looked at differently, or treated unfairly, not equal, or – worse – disregarded. To think that any one of you felt that way is awful to me. It’s been way too long, but we’re finally having conversations about fairness and justice. We all have to be more mindful about the way our words and actions affect others, and I’m glad the issues at our show were brought to my attention. I promise to do my part in continuing to push myself and everyone around me to learn and grow. It’s important to me and to Warner Bros. that everyone who has something to say can speak up and feels safe doing so. I am so proud of the work we do and the fun and joy we all help put out in the world. I want everyone at home to love our show and I want everyone who makes it to love working on it. Again, I’m so sorry to anyone who didn’t have that experience. If not for COVID, I’d have done this in person, and I can’t wait to be back on our stage and see you all then. Stay safe and healthy. Love, Ellen."

Australian TV executive recalls a bizarre experience with Ellen staffers

In the wake of toxic workplace allegations on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Australia’s Today show executive Neil Breen recalled an unusual experience when one of his reporters, Richard Wilkins, prepared to interview Ellen DeGeneres. “The producer called us aside and said, 'Now Neil, no one is to talk to Ellen. You don’t talk to her, you don’t approach her, you don’t look at her. She’ll come in, she’ll sit down, she’ll talk to Richard and then Ellen will leave,'" recalled Breen, who didn't actually talk to DeGeneres himself. He added: “I have no idea whether she’s a nice person or not, I wouldn’t have a clue. But I can tell you the people who work with her walked on eggshells the whole time. We’re there to do an interview to promote what she’s doing, but you can’t look at her? Someone get real.”

Brad Garrett says Ellen DeGeneres' mistreatment of staff is "common knowledge"

The comedic actor, who appeared on Ellen six times between 2004 and 2007, tweeted in response to DeGeneres apologizing to her staff Thursday over its toxic workplace: "Sorry but it comes from the top ⁦@TheEllenShow. Know more than one who were treated horribly by her. Common knowledge."

Last edited by TMC; 07-31-2020 at 05:59 PM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote