Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Sets Premiere Date for Monday Fall Dramas; Jim Belushi Gets Discovery Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 3, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Damon Wayans Jr. Set to Star in Comedy for Peacock; Production to Restart for S.W.A.T.
Fri-Yay: Emmy Nominations Thoughts; Leah Remini to Host Game Show Network Game Show
Netflix Acquires Black Sitcoms from 1990s and 2000s; A 4 Sitcom Crossover Event Coming Soon to Netflix
The 72nd Emmy Awards Nominations; Live with Kelly and Ryan Pays Tribute to Regis
Freeform's Love in the Time of Corona Gets Premiere Date; ABC Remembers Regis with Primetime Special Tonight (July 28)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July/August)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
Hops3098
Forum Regular

Default Do you remember your FIRST Unsolved Mysteries episode??

For me, UM was can't miss TV as a kid, despite the fact that it scared the crap out of me and gave me at least one nightmare that I can remember.. but that's for a different thread.

Of course memories aren't always reliable, but the first episode I remember watching live was the one with Barbara Jean Horn's case on November 16, 1988.

Two things always stuck with me about that particular segment-
1. One of only two times I can remember RS doing an on-screen interview, the other being the special Live Telecast where he interviews Jenny Pratt and her family.
2. They had so little to go on, they actually spent air time showing pictures of the TV box she was found in, in case someone recognized that.
Hops3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
amandab1234
Forum Regular

I forgot the womans name but they were from Portugal I believe. She married her cousin and he ended up murdering her.(They were writing letters to each other when they were young and IIRC, she had a double wedding with her sister) I wish I could remember the name but I don’t.. I just remember he killed her with a butcher knife.

Anyone remember the name of this case?
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
unsolved88
Forum Regular

The very first segment I remember seeing was Wendy Camp. I was about five or six and remember asking my mom what was wrong with "that lady's arm".

The first full episode I ever sat through was a Lifetime rerun of the December 11, 1991 episode (Chad Maurer, Lorene Roberts, Spanish Lotto scam, Vess family lost love case) in early 1997 when I was eight.
unsolved88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
DarkDante

Yes very clearly to the point that I'll never forget it. The first broadcast of "Son Of Sam" (pt. 1) from the fall of 1988.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab1234
I forgot the womans name but they were from Portugal I believe. She married her cousin and he ended up murdering her.(They were writing letters to each other when they were young and IIRC, she had a double wedding with her sister) I wish I could remember the name but I donít.. I just remember he killed her with a butcher knife.

Anyone remember the name of this case?
The victim was Alice Vieira. Killed by her husband (and cousin) David Vieira. He was eventually found and admitted to the crime. It really makes me mad that after he apologizes to the her mother he has the nerve to say "I'm sorry for having killed your daughter. There's nothing else I could do"...

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/artic...News/305189989

First UM segment was Boys On The Tracks. Sitting in a completely dark living room at a young age watching it at night. You don't forget that, lol.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #6
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Angela Hammond.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #7
isotope
Forum Regular

Not sure if it was my first episode - but I very clearly remember seeing the Tara Calico photo on UM as a kid and it scaring the absolute Bejeezus out of me.
isotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:47 PM   #8
karenjanee
Frequent Poster

I can't remember the exact episode was my first, looking back at the episode guide I was watching as early as October '88. The first ones to make a real impression on me were Jeremy Bright & Matthew Chase (the ATM photo especially)
karenjanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #9
MegtheEgg86

The first segment I ever remember seeing was Kevin Hughes, the Music Row murder in Nashville. I couldn't have been more than 5 and it scared the **** out of me throughout my childhood.

Also a very vivid memory of the Tallman home haunting segment (again, very frightening for a child).

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:18 AM   #10
EverythingNthensome
Danascully
Frequent Poster

I remember one of the first segments I've seen which scared me as a kid..it was about a man in the military who died under mysterious circumstances. I think the killer tied a balloon or something around his wrist, later his body was found slightly lifted or at a strange angel. They found a box or something of his and they also found abrasions and cuts on his body which indicated he was attacked. The military gave his family a hard time and insisted it was suicide despite the evidence. They also tried covering up the fact that he had this box of belongings there.

I also remember another seventh Keith warren. That one breaks my heart till this day.. Very sad. If someone could help me figure out the first segment that would be appreciated.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:14 AM   #11
boechsner

The Halloween episode from October 26, 1988. My mom and sister were down in Madison for the day and my mom wanted to get home in time to watch Unsolved Mysteries as they were going to profile a haunted house in the town that she grew up in, Horicon, WI. Yep, the infamous bunk bed segment. To this day, my cousins and my sister and myself drive past that house and get chills!
boechsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 03:21 AM   #12
theero
Frequent Poster

Mine was at my cousin's house, and it was the Cash-Landrum case with that diamond shaped UFO.
theero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 03:29 AM   #13
Jediknight1823
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boechsner
The Halloween episode from October 26, 1988.
Same here. Great way to get introduced to Unsolved Mysteries with the Queen Mary and Tallman hauntings. They scared the crap out of me, but I loved it.
Jediknight1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:42 AM   #14
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

I saw a portion of the first special (Jan. 1987) when it was profiling Roger Wheeler and John Callahan's murders (I asked my grandmother what jai alai was) but I don't remember watching the other segments.

I really can recall the special hosted by Karl Malden in May of 1987, which profiled Bob Weeks and Eleanor Farber's murder by John Burns. Also later memories of the episode featuring Shannon Mohr's death being staged by her husband Dave Davis.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #15
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Can't remember the suspects name, but my first vivid memory of UM was a hit and run segment from NY (I believe) about a guy who hit a kid and then sped off never to be found. IIRC, the guy whom they thought was responsible had a weird, Hispanic nickname.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote