Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 3, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Damon Wayans Jr. Set to Star in Comedy for Peacock; Production to Restart for S.W.A.T.
Fri-Yay: Emmy Nominations Thoughts; Leah Remini to Host Game Show Network Game Show
Netflix Acquires Black Sitcoms from 1990s and 2000s; A 4 Sitcom Crossover Event Coming Soon to Netflix
The 72nd Emmy Awards Nominations; Live with Kelly and Ryan Pays Tribute to Regis
Freeform's Love in the Time of Corona Gets Premiere Date; ABC Remembers Regis with Primetime Special Tonight (July 28)
Archer Gets Season 11 Premiere Date on FXX; The Fugitive Reboot on Quibi Trailer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-29-2017, 02:54 AM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

TV MTV Renews "Jersey Shore Family Vacation" for 4th Season

New "Jersey Shore" Installment with Original Cast Greenlighted by MTV
by Nellie Andreeva
November 27, 2017

MTV is bringing back one of its biggest series, "Jersey Shore", for a new installment. The network has greenlighted "Jersey Shore Family Vacation", featuring most of the original cast, for premiere in 2018.

It will star housemates Deena Nicole Cortese, Paul “Pauly D” Delvecchio, Jenni “JWOWW” Farley, Vinny Guadagnino, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino.

Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola and Angelina Pivarnick are not returning.

The new series was teased throughout the day today on social media and announced during tonight’s MTV series premiere of the "Jersey Shore" followup series, "Floribama Shore", which has a different cast.

Monday’s 10pm launch of "Floribama Shore" drew 846,000 total viewers in Live+Same Day with a 0.94 rating in the core adults 18-34 demo, which marks MTV’s biggest new series launch in three years among 18-34s and second biggest in total viewers. It also qualifies as a top 5 new unscripted cable launch of 2017.

The second episode followed at 11pm with a 0.87 (P18-34), retaining a strong 93% of its lead-in.

Both "Jersey Shore Vacation" and "Floribama Shore" hail from "Jersey Shore" creator/executive producer SallyAnn Salsano and her 495 Productions, which is owned by FremantleMedia, via her overall deal with Viacom.

The "Shore" franchise has extensions around the globe including "Geordie Shore" in the UK, "Gandia Shore" in Spain, "Warsaw Shore" in Poland and "Acapulco Shore" in Mexico.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/new-jers...tv-1202215300/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 06-25-2020 at 06:15 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:27 AM   #2
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Jersey Shore is coming back, but it now feels like a relic of a simpler time

https://www.avclub.com/the-clock-tol...ows-1820806494

Weighing in on MTV’s Jersey Shore Family Vacation announcement, Sean O’Neal says Jersey Shore “now feels like a relic of a simpler time, when we all still had the brain capacity to laugh at the drunken bickering of idiots. Way back in those carefree days of assuming that these sorts of self-involved, proudly avaricious reality stars represented only a fringe element of society that would certainly never attain broader political influence, the show was a real guilty pleasure phenomenon, spawning a mini-cottage industry of other shows about yelling Italians, and giving rise to myriad spinoffs centered on individual cast members—not to mention inspiring dozens of regional remakes all around the world, including the just-premiered Floribama Shore. Its cultural legacy is both lasting and surprisingly renewable, a fact that is probably best not to dwell on for too long.”

From the perspective of 2017, it’s hilarious that Jersey Shore was even considered controversial
“Since the Jersey Shore reunion is what passes for good news these days,” says Amy Zimmerman, “it’s easy to forget that the series was not universally beloved when it premiered. In fact, the Jersey Shore was controversial—which is hilarious in comparison to the increasingly dark controversies that have come to define the entertainment world in 2017.” ALSO: The “Snooki Blueprint” seems outdated for reality shows seeking Generation Z.

Last edited by TMC; 12-01-2017 at 04:46 PM.
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:07 AM   #3
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Jersey Shore Family Vacation" Destination is Set
by Ruth Kinane
Jan. 18, 2018

The destination for the upcoming revival series of "Jersey Shore" — entitled "Jersey Shore Family Vacation" — has been set and fans of the MTV reality show will already be familiar with the selected spot.

That’s right, get ready to GTL Florida style as the cast (minus Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola) heads back to season 2 stomping ground, Miami, Florida.

A premiere date has not yet been set.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/16/jersey-s...acation-miami/
Old 02-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #4
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Jersey Shore Family Vacation" Gets a Premiere Date
by Keisha Hatchett
Feb 7, 2018

Mark your calendars, "Jersey Shore Family Vacation" arrives Thursday, April 5 at 8/7c on MTV.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/jersey-s...premiere-date/
Old 02-28-2018, 02:35 PM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Jersey Shore Family Vacation" Renewed for Season 2 Amid MTV Ratings Rebound
by Nellie Andreeva
February 28, 2018

MTV has renewed "Jersey Shore Family Vacation" for a second season ahead of the "Jersey Shore" revival’s April 5 debut as MTV’s first ever day-and-date global premiere.

"Jersey Shore Family Vacation", from creator/executive producer SallyAnn Salsano, is part of the recent ramp-up of unscripted programming at MTV that has fueled the network’s ratings comeback under president Chris McCarthy.

After years of decline, MTV has posted nine consecutive months of year-over-year growth in primetime Live+same day ratings among adults 18-49, its longest streak since 2000.

In the span of those nine months, MTV’s 18-49 numbers have risen 20% year-over-year, the most among the top 40 cable networks, with original series premieres up 34% vs year ago.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/jersey-s...nd-1202305410/
Old 03-06-2018, 12:27 AM   #6
Impressions
She died the way she lived

I cheered when Jersey Shore was finally cancelled. This just seems like two steps back. WTF MTV?
Impressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #7
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNNxGzBfZ2k
Old 03-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #8
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Yes, it's pathetic, but will I be checking this out? Oh, yes.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:49 PM   #9
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola on Why She Passed on "Jersey Shore Family Vacation"
by Karen Mizoguchi
March 31, 2018

Ahead of the April 5 premiere of "Jersey Shore Family Vacation", Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola revealed her reasons for not joining the MTV reboot.

I have chosen not to join the show this season because I am at a completely different place in my life right now focusing on my businesses and my relationship,” the MTV alum explained on Instagram Friday.

Giancola, who has been dating boyfriend Christian Biscardi, also shared that she’s moved on from her three-year run (2009-12) on the show and its subsequent spin-offs.

I am not the same as I was when I was 22. At 31, I am currently extremely happy in every aspect of my life and want to avoid potentially toxic situations,” she said.

Adding, “However, it was a difficult decision as I love my roomies. I’ve decided to focus on me, my future and what truly makes me happy. I will forever be grateful to Jersey Shore and everything it has brought to me! I’ve just decided to live my life for me these days. Also I am forever grateful & thankful for all of you!! Special shout out to my fans, but I’m not going anywhere!

Giancola also shared the message on her Instagram Story along with another thank you note to her fans. “Special shout out to all of you!! I see you! Thank you for all the amazing comments, DMs, messages and kind words! Forever grateful & thankful for all of you! I love you guys!

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/31/jersey-s...eart-giancola/
Old 04-10-2018, 11:28 PM   #10
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Jersey Shore Family Vacation" Sets Live+3 Premiere Ratings Record for MTV
by Nellie Andreeva
April 10, 2018

The debut of MTV's "Jersey Shore Family Vacation", continues to grow its ratings tally in delayed viewing. Last week’s series opener drew a a 4.2 rating among MTV’s core demographic of people 18-34 in Live+3, becoming the Viacom network’s highest-rated series premiere ever in L+3.

The 4.2 18-34 rating was up 43% from "Jersey Shore Family Vacation‘s" Live+Same Day demo delivery. In total viewers, the premiere audience increased by a million, to 3.6 million total, with three additional days of playback.

And like in L+SD, "Jersey Shore Family Vacation" was the highest-rated unscripted debut on cable among people 18-34 since 2012 in Live+3.

According to MTV, "Jersey Shore Family Vacation" reached nearly 10 million total unique viewers across all plays in its premiere weekend.

The "Jersey Shore" return comes on the heels of MTV closing out its third consecutive quarter of prime growth for the first time in seven years and will help the cable network extend its streak.

http://deadline.com/2018/04/jersey-s...tv-1202361823/
Old 05-11-2018, 01:07 AM   #11
TMC
Forum Celebrity

It's a miracle that Jersey Shore is still good in 2018
"Somehow, Jersey Shore Family Vacation has figured out a way to be simultaneously so utterly predictable and wildly surprising," says Lea Palmieri. She thinks the Jersey Shore revival works because "now it’s a brand new show featuring all the same old stuff that made it a success in the first place. MTV didn’t try to change the formula — they needed this one to be a hit, so they backed off and let the beloved personalities carry them to their biggest ratings in years."
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #12
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUJ_KzMVqz8
Old 07-27-2018, 12:19 PM   #13
Wavy
Frequent Poster

Seems like the crazy stuff is way more forced and scripted this time. They're getting too old to behave like wild teenagers. But, I guess people still like it if it was renewed.
Wavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #14
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McLreMSEEBQ
Old 12-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #15
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Jersey Shore Family Vacation" Renewed for Season 3 as MTV Extends Ratings Growth Streak
by Nellie Andreeva
December 13, 2018

Ahead of tonight’s Season 2 finale of "Jersey Shore Family Vacation", MTV has ordered a third season of its hit reality series for premiere in 2019.

The renewal comes on the heels of MTV logging a fifth consecutive quarter of primetime growth in persons 18-34 and 18-49, its best streak in seven years.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/jersey-...th-1202518282/