Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Site Feedback & Suggestions

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Keke Palmer Joins The Proud Family Revival; Amazon to Remake Penny Marshall's A League of Their Own
Tacoma FD Gets Season 3; Stars Come Aboard HBO Pandemic Comedy Event
Quibi Sets Whodunnit Comedy; CW Drops Sketch Comedy After One Airing
Laff TV Acquires How I Met Your Mother; Lifetime Announces Stars for It's a Wonderful Lifetime for 2020
Fox Sets Premiere Date for Monday Fall Dramas; Jim Belushi Gets Discovery Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 3, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Damon Wayans Jr. Set to Star in Comedy for Peacock; Production to Restart for S.W.A.T.

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July/August)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-05-2020, 11:06 PM   #1
Hazel Anyday

Madderest STOP THE MADNESS

AHAAHHH! Today has got to be the worst case of mindless idiot total waste of time and space "game" playing I've ever seen. Practically every single TV SHOW so-called discussion of TV show favorites were all over-ruled with one mindless game playing waste of time exercise after another. All taking top billing over genuine intelligent TV show discussion. Since whenever one of these stupid games is played they over rule the discussion posts unless you go into each and every topic to see if there was a new discussion post.

The idiot games here have gotten way out of control. Why isn't there just a thread for JUST GAMES alone? This way when I look at the board to see the latest discussion topic on a TV classic I'll be able to actually see where there is new activity instead of nothing but new game playing activity. Which means I will be missing out on any new discussions or valid posts of discussion since they are now over powered and blocked out by the latest asinine game posts and I am not about to open up every supposed to be discussion topic to see if there was a genuine new discussion post. The latest discussion posts should be seen from the menu of TV Show headings and you shouldn't have to open up every show title to discover a genuine discussion post.

Put all the crap games under one thread already and bring sanity back to this once interesting place of intelligent discussion over TV shows not and endless purposeless trail of game posts.

STOP THE MADNESS, or at least put it under a heading unto itself, call it Idiots United.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:36 PM   #2
Alan Brady's Hair

I think that there are posters who set goals of reaching a certain number of posts, and games are quick ways to do that. I know there were multiple "What did you last drink?" threads at one point, and people would drink something and then go list it in each thread. It can happen that you spend some time and thought on a post and then half an hour later find it buried on page two or three.
Alan Brady's Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:56 PM   #3
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

The games are fun! I enjoy them and so do lots of others ! With me it is not a way to make my post count higher! I could care less about how many posts I have! I just come here to have fun and unwind !

I kind of feel the same way though about the politics boards! To me, they get excessive and make Sitcoms Online become negative and bullying !!
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:47 AM   #4
Hazel Anyday

Thumbs down Here's To all you NON-TV posters

Bonnie most of your posts are interesting when they're on TV shows but I'm sorry to see you are one of the game players. OK, I guess you game players need a place but WHY does it have to be on the NAME YOUR TV SHOW Heading where people go to actually talk about a TV show not to see their posts buried under a bunch of waste of time idiot game posts.

If you must play games then there should be a Heading for Game players so the rest of us can once again enjoy this site for what it was meant to be, A DISCUSSION ABOUT TV SHOWS not endless stupid games.

And Bonnie, while we're talking, really you should be ashamed of yourself for that endless ridiculous middle aged to elderly ladies version of Teen Beat magazine over there. It's truly a middle aged to downright elderly bitties version of the old Teen Beat magazine. Thankfully I only visited there once and I didn't appear to be the subject of adornment amongst the bags once I called them all on their ridiculous rantings and behavior. I haven't dared to go back for fear of the cat clawing. Talk about a entering a clucking chicken house alone. I do wonder though have you all started yet on your love and sighing over Bobby Sherman or David Cassidy?

Sometimes I wonder about people.
Hazel Anyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:53 AM   #5
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday View Post
AHAAHHH! Today has got to be the worst case of mindless idiot total waste of time and space "game" playing I've ever seen. Practically every single TV SHOW so-called discussion of TV show favorites were all over-ruled with one mindless game playing waste of time exercise after another. All taking top billing over genuine intelligent TV show discussion. Since whenever one of these stupid games is played they over rule the discussion posts unless you go into each and every topic to see if there was a new discussion post.

The idiot games here have gotten way out of control. Why isn't there just a thread for JUST GAMES alone? This way when I look at the board to see the latest discussion topic on a TV classic I'll be able to actually see where there is new activity instead of nothing but new game playing activity. Which means I will be missing out on any new discussions or valid posts of discussion since they are now over powered and blocked out by the latest asinine game posts and I am not about to open up every supposed to be discussion topic to see if there was a genuine new discussion post. The latest discussion posts should be seen from the menu of TV Show headings and you shouldn't have to open up every show title to discover a genuine discussion post.

Put all the crap games under one thread already and bring sanity back to this once interesting place of intelligent discussion over TV shows not and endless purposeless trail of game posts.

STOP THE MADNESS, or at least put it under a heading unto itself, call it Idiots United.
While I enjoy the games, I really enjoy having an intelligent discussion about a show more.. I’ve tried to jump start discussions on The Adv. of Ozzie and Harriet Board and have occasionally started some threads on the Hazel board, a show I’m also fond of.

I’d have no problem with games moved to ONE specific site (or even banned from S.O.)

Since you feel so strongly about this, why not p.m. TJ or Janice and see what they think.

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:01 AM   #6
Hazel Anyday

Hazel was my all time favorite show till I found myself enraged every time Hazel ignored Mr. B's orders and seemed to be working in the opposite direction. I had to give myself a break from Hazel a show I watched every week for 30 years ever since VCRs were discovered.

Ozzie & Harriet is a newer discovery for me ever since I saw it on the old RTV now thankfully EZ Living/Folk TV/M net/ whatever other name they keep calling themselves. Seems to be a station that doesn't know what it wants, but at least for now they show Ozzie & Harriet and My Little Margie. THough they do keep showing the same few episodes over and over but once in a while they put a new one on. So I record them now with my DVD-RAM disc so I don't waste any more disc space with endless repeats and only keep the occasional new show.

My 3 Sons is another one of my old favorites I've liked since it was new on CBS. That show never enrages and is always pleasant and funny. Esp. like Bub & Uncle Charlie, the 2 grouches, my mentors.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:31 AM   #7
OH Nuts!
Forum Idol

Quote:
Hazel was my all time favorite show till I found myself enraged every time Hazel ignored Mr. B's orders and seemed to be working in the opposite direction. I had to give myself a break from Hazel a show I watched every week for 30 years ever since VCRs were discovered.

Ozzie & Harriet is a newer discovery for me ever since I saw it on the old RTV now thankfully EZ Living/Folk TV/M net/ whatever other name they keep calling themselves. Seems to be a station that doesn't know what it wants, but at least for now they show Ozzie & Harriet and My Little Margie. THough they do keep showing the same few episodes over and over but once in a while they put a new one on. So I record them now with my DVD-RAM disc so I don't waste any more disc space with endless repeats and only keep the occasional new show.

My 3 Sons is another one of my old favorites I've liked since it was new on CBS. That show never enrages and is always pleasant and funny. Esp. like Bub & Uncle Charlie, the 2 grouches, my mentors.
Well as you know, The Adv. of Ozzie and Harriet is my favorite show(just look at my av!). Sometimes if you watch TOO MUCH of a particular show it loses its appeal. So enjoy the many other great shows out there. My Three Sons is a nice show so happy viewing!

Last edited by OH Nuts!; 02-06-2020 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:16 AM   #8
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts! View Post
While I enjoy the games, I really enjoy having an intelligent discussion about a show more.. Iíve tried to jump start discussions on The Adv. of Ozzie and Harriet Board and have occasionally started some threads on the Hazel board, a show Iím also fond of.

Iíd have no problem with games moved to ONE specific site (or even banned from S.O.)

Since you feel so strongly about this, why not p.m. TJ or Janice and see what they think.

What??? You got to be kidding me!!! You are one of the main people if not the main person who is on the game threads the most !! What are you talking about , having them banned from S.O.?
Old 02-06-2020, 03:53 AM   #9
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Bonnie most of your posts are interesting when they're on TV shows but I'm sorry to see you are one of the game players. OK, I guess you game players need a place but WHY does it have to be on the NAME YOUR TV SHOW Heading where people go to actually talk about a TV show not to see their posts buried under a bunch of waste of time idiot game posts.

If you must play games then there should be a Heading for Game players so the rest of us can once again enjoy this site for what it was meant to be, A DISCUSSION ABOUT TV SHOWS not endless stupid games.

And Bonnie, while we're talking, really you should be ashamed of yourself for that endless ridiculous middle aged to elderly ladies version of Teen Beat magazine over there. It's truly a middle aged to downright elderly bitties version of the old Teen Beat magazine. Thankfully I only visited there once and I didn't appear to be the subject of adornment amongst the bags once I called them all on their ridiculous rantings and behavior. I haven't dared to go back for fear of the cat clawing. Talk about a entering a clucking chicken house alone. I do wonder though have you all started yet on your love and sighing over Bobby Sherman or David Cassidy?

Sometimes I wonder about people.

I have absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of and your post is so rambling and very off the mark ! That is all I will say on the subject ! I don't want to stoop to your level!
Old 02-06-2020, 06:40 AM   #10
Hazel Anyday

Smile Oh, To See Oursilves As Ithers See iss.

Well, maybe ashamed is the wrong word, how about embarrassed then. At least embarrassed. What's off the mark? I thought while you were here I'd bring up the elephant in the room. That ridiculous thread you're always on.

Though it was a different subject than idiot games taking over this TV SHOW DISCUSSION board, it is possible to talk about more than one thing without being "rambling". I think we all can handle more than one thought. Don't worry about reaching my level, it's not possible.

But carry on, you're certainly free to do so, I just don't see the sense in it.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:02 AM   #11
MA
Forum Legend

I really like the games a lot, and enjoy playing them.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:01 AM   #12
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan

I like the games, and I post on some of them. But I can see HA's point of view. It's a difficult problem.

On the few boards I moderate I tried separating the games from the regular posts. It was an attempt to improve it, but evidently not successful. I also don't care about post count either.

I'm at a loss for a solution. One problem is running out of things to say on popular boards like Leave it to Beaver.

Put on your thinking caps, class!
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:40 AM   #13
OH Nuts!
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
I like the games, and I post on some of them. But I can see HA's point of view. It's a difficult problem.

On the few boards I moderate I tried separating the games from the regular posts. It was an attempt to improve it, but evidently not successful. I also don't care about post count either.

I'm at a loss for a solution. One problem is running out of things to say on popular boards like Leave it to Beaver.

Put on your thinking caps, class!
Move them to one board sounds like a good solution to me because HA does have a good point.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:05 AM   #14
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
I really like the games a lot, and enjoy playing them.

Thank you for your post Mikaela ! I really enjoy the games too! I was really upset by this thread last night but in the light of day I really don't think the game threads will be closed down. So let's continue to post on them and have fun!
Old 02-06-2020, 10:10 AM   #15
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Well, maybe ashamed is the wrong word, how about embarrassed then. At least embarrassed. What's off the mark? I thought while you were here I'd bring up the elephant in the room. That ridiculous thread you're always on.

Though it was a different subject than idiot games taking over this TV SHOW DISCUSSION board, it is possible to talk about more than one thing without being "rambling". I think we all can handle more than one thought. Don't worry about reaching my level, it's not possible.

But carry on, you're certainly free to do so, I just don't see the sense in it.

I have nothing to be embarrassed about either! Maybe I do get a little silly and post a lot about my crushes , but I am not hurting anyone !

With that said , I am not going to fight with you, I am going to be mature and turn the other cheek from your insulting posts to me !