Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Peacock Bulks Up on New Comedies; New Saved by the Bell Trailer Released
Hulu Announces Upcoming Slate for 2020; AMC Gets Real for Animated Drama
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 10, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Who's the Boss? in Line for a Reboot; Love, Victor Renewed for Season Two
Keke Palmer Joins The Proud Family Revival; Amazon to Remake Penny Marshall's A League of Their Own
Tacoma FD Gets Season 3; Stars Come Aboard HBO Pandemic Comedy Event
Quibi Sets Whodunnit Comedy; CW Drops Sketch Comedy After One Airing

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July/August)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #46
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
If Fresh Prince is holding the slot for Chris, why couldn't Family Matters do that? If I had to guess, George Lopez is holding the slot for Chris. NAN is hoping GL will keep it warm, giving Chris a big a launch airing at 9pm, with George Lopez moving back to 10pm.

It still doesn't make sense to me.
Because Family Matters will end back up at 12am soon anyway.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #47
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Because Family Matters will end back up at 12am soon anyway.
I guess that makes sense in a way. I really don't see the Malcolm midnight encores doing anything. NAN should just put Family Matters back at midnight and MITM at 3am from the start.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #48
DSfan

I was really excited about those new schedule changes until they had to alter them!

The thing I find the most annoying is that Fresh Prince airs on The-N from 10PM-12AM. The own both networks so why put Fresh Prince on at the same time on both. Can't they give Family Matters to air at a reasonable time.

It seemed as though FP was on the way out but now has been brought to 10PM. They have already phased out Home Improvement which I wasn't too thrilled with and now, one year into its addition to the schedule, Family Matters' only legit airing is Sundays at 10 (good to watch after Newhart for your classic Sunday nights in case anyone wants a good lineup suggestion lol).

Hope this isn't too permanent.
DSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #49
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
-National Lampoon's Vacation
Sunday, July 26, 2009
8:00pm-10:00pm ET/PT
Starring Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Aneglo.
The Griswold family are on a quest. A quest to a Walley World theme park for a family vacation, but things aren't going to go exactly as planned, especially when Clark Griswold is losing all thought towards a mysterious blonde in a red Ferrari.
Odd choice for Nick-at-Nite. Very adult movie.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #50
clj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
Yeah. TV Land is airing it sometime next month as well, I believe.

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #51
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Wow they seem to be banking on Malcom doing well, before it even has aired it gets 4 airings, even if the second ones are repeats
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #52
noveel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Also kind of old for the current N@N, I assume it will probably be heavily edited
noveel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:06 AM   #53
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Really enjoying Malcolm in the Middle tonight, much more than I did The Nanny when it launched. Very curious to see if N@N's recent successes continue. This show is definitely different from the others though, being a single camera comedy with no laugh track or audience, and a violence rating on some of the episodes. Roseanne got a G rating and this gets a PG-LV?

I still DESPISE the schedule that starts tomorrow. Hate that FM is relegated to 3am and Fresh Prince being back in primetime especially.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:15 AM   #54
clj2

Quote:
Really enjoying Malcolm in the Middle tonight, much more than I did The Nanny when it launched. Very curious to see if N@N's recent successes continue. This show is definitely different from the others though, being a single camera comedy with no laugh track or audience, and a violence rating on some of the episodes. Roseanne got a G rating and this gets a PG-LV?

I still DESPISE the schedule that starts tomorrow. Hate that FM is relegated to 3am and Fresh Prince being back in primetime especially.
I really am enjoying Malcom in the Middle also, but I've seen it and liked it. Looking forward to seeing it on N@N. It really is different than the other shows though....just thinking, if it bombs, I wonder if they would stick with it until September (when Chris comes) or replace it. Guess they could bring Family Matters back in to primetime.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:45 AM   #55
JulieSomoski

Quote:

Ive always liked the show but Im also enjoying this marathon. I havent seen these early episodes in quite awhile. It seems to fit in with NAN really well. Now Im thinking it'll actually do pretty well. If I had to guess, this is going to so better than Chris. Just a hunch.

I also hate the schedule. The FM/FP switch is terrible. I dont know why NAN would ever stoop so low to bring FP back. I think the problem with NAN is that all their shows are doing well, theres just not enough room for them in primetime. Probably why they added 8pm. Still dont get why FP is needed, though.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:32 AM   #56
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
Ive always liked the show but Im also enjoying this marathon. I havent seen these early episodes in quite awhile. It seems to fit in with NAN really well. Now Im thinking it'll actually do pretty well. If I had to guess, this is going to so better than Chris. Just a hunch.

I also hate the schedule. The FM/FP switch is terrible. I dont know why NAN would ever stoop so low to bring FP back. I think the problem with NAN is that all their shows are doing well, theres just not enough room for them in primetime. Probably why they added 8pm. Still dont get why FP is needed, though.
I don't either, and they had made a much better schedule with FM in primetime and FP at 2am after the GL encore, I don't get why they had to change it 3 days after announcing it.

and yes I expect even if Malcolm doesn't do really well like The Nanny/George Lopez it will still do considerably better than Chris does, and I do think it will keep the 8pm slot. The late night encores are the ones I see that could get pulled.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:43 AM   #57
JulieSomoski

Quote:
I don't either, and they had made a much better schedule with FM in primetime and FP at 2am after the GL encore, I don't get why they had to change it 3 days after announcing it.

and yes I expect even if Malcolm doesn't do really well like The Nanny/George Lopez it will still do considerably better than Chris does, and I do think it will keep the 8pm slot. The late night encores are the ones I see that could get pulled.
If it can pull Home Improvement's old numbers an hour earlier they'll be fine with it. Seeing how well Malcolm fits on NAN, I just cant see Chris fitting at all. There's really no room for it anyway, unless they'll put it at 9pm and bump GL back to 10pm.

The first sked they had was much better. It was actually great, yet they changed it. Too bad.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #58
clj2

If EHC doesn't work, what about it maybe moving to BET? Viacom loves to shift their shows, so I guess they could always try it there.

That will be the strangest fitting show on NAN anywhere - it wouldn't work as a transition show, but wouldn't work late at night. I wonder what they were thinking about when they got it?
Old 07-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #59
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Chris will already get a run on BET as well.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #60
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2
If EHC doesn't work, what about it maybe moving to BET? Viacom loves to shift their shows, so I guess they could always try it there.

That will be the strangest fitting show on NAN anywhere - it wouldn't work as a transition show, but wouldn't work late at night. I wonder what they were thinking about when they got it?
At the time, their entire lineup was doing well, especially George Lopez, which was such a recent show. They probably saw Chris as another recent show they could also turn into a hit. Not so sure it will be, though.