Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Quibi Sets Whodunnit Comedy; CW Drops Sketch Comedy After One Airing
Laff TV Acquires How I Met Your Mother; Lifetime Announces Stars for It's a Wonderful Lifetime for 2020
Fox Sets Premiere Date for Monday Fall Dramas; Jim Belushi Gets Discovery Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 3, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Damon Wayans Jr. Set to Star in Comedy for Peacock; Production to Restart for S.W.A.T.
Fri-Yay: Emmy Nominations Thoughts; Leah Remini to Host Game Show Network Game Show
Netflix Acquires Black Sitcoms from 1990s and 2000s; A 4 Sitcom Crossover Event Coming Soon to Netflix

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July/August)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
You're basing it when N@N started at 9pm. Now they are starting at 8pm. That is a big difference. Plus Malcolm in the Middle is the perfect 8pm hour show as it will skew well with the Nickelodeon audience. and when there are George Lopez marathons, it does very well at 9pm.
I'm sure it does well at 9pm during marathons, but I'm also sure the 9pm airings aren't rated as high as the 10pm airings and so on. I'm just saying that 9pm was lower rated before. Now 8pm and 9pm will be lower rated than 10pm and 11pm.

Just because they add an hour doesn't mean viewer patterns will change. I remember the ratings for when Family Matters was airing at 8:30 - both it and Home Improvement were much lower rated than George Lopez and the 11pm Family Matters.

George Lopez will still be a stronger contender at 9pm. I just don't think it'll be as strong as it was at 10pm. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #17
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

You're basing it when N@N started at 9pm though. You don't know how 9pm will do now with a compatible lead in at 8pm. Come on iCarly to Home Inprovement was not compatible.

And years ago 9pm did well when N@N started at 8pm.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
You're basing it when N@N started at 9pm though. You don't know how 9pm will do now with a compatible lead in at 8pm. Come on iCarly to Home Inprovement was not compatible.

And years ago 9pm did well when N@N started at 8pm.
I guess we'll have to see then. It might also make a difference how well Malcolm does at 8pm.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #19
nickandmore
Frequent Poster

I think Malcolm will be a better transition into N@N than HI was. Home Improvement is a great show, but (like Pavan said) when you go from Nick's shows like SpongeBob, iCarly or Drake & Josh into Home Improvement, it just doesn't fit right.
nickandmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #20
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Exactly, Nick and More. Plus I think shows like iCarly and Drake & Josh are compatible with Malcolm in the Middle more than any other early Nick at Nite show (they have aired older shows at 8:30pm and they didn't work). I don't know where Everybody Hates Chris will fit in with them now. 10pm seems way too late, but that could work out of George.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #21
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick and More!
I think Malcolm will be a better transition into N@N than HI was. Home Improvement is a great show, but (like Pavan said) when you go from Nick's shows like SpongeBob, iCarly or Drake & Josh into Home Improvement, it just doesn't fit right.
That's a VERY good point and makes complete sense.

I don't see how Chris will fit into this schedule either, unless they end up replacing one of Malcolm's episodes.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #22
clj2

I don't see how EHC will fit either.....I guess they will try it at some time and if it falters they can move it to BET or TV Land, lol.

I bet by fall we will see Home Improvement and that FPoBA airing in the middle of the night gone, I guess they're their lowest rated..

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #23
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2
I don't see how EHC will fit either.....I guess they will try it at some time and if it falters they can move it to BET or TV Land, lol.

I bet by fall we will see Home Improvement and that FPoBA airing in the middle of the night gone, I guess they're their lowest rated..
I agree with that - I doubt Fresh Prince will be around by September. Same goes for Home Improvement. For Chris, I could definitely see it taking an airing at 8:30. IMO, the next show to be cut down is Family Matters - 10pm will be its third slot. What NAN could do is Malcolm at 8pm, Chris 8:30-9:30, then Family Matters at 9:30, with GL going back to 10pm come September.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #24
Tubehead

I hate thatthey show homeinpromvent at 5:00am. i wish they would get rid of gereo lopez. i hope tv Land adds home inprovment. it would be inprovment for tv land.

Last edited by Tubehead; 06-23-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #25
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubehead
I hate thatthey show homeinpromvent at 5:00pm. i wish they would get rid of gereo lopez. i hope tv Land adds home inprovment. it would be inprovment for tv land.
Do you get TBS? They air four back-to-back episodes of Home Improvement weekdays starting at noon.
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #26
bliggenstrauff
Frequent Poster

Just like Nick at Nite. Once they get a great schedule like they have now, they have to botch it up when a bogus new show comes on. Never liked Malcolm. Used to occasionally catch episodes in my apartment and be bored. Now I'm just gonna have to watch or tape Home Improvement on TBS. At least the show gets good treatment there, I guess that's a better time for the show. Anyway, I'll enjoy Home Improvement at 9 for as long as they show it.
bliggenstrauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #27
DSfan

Wow, I think it's safe to say that this scheduling change has been a shock to all of us here.

- I like Family Matters being on at an earlier time (10PM)
- Smart of them to keep The Nanny at 11PM where it has been doing well
- Malcolm at 8 is a great way to lead in to N@N since it is a teenager show
- George Lopez move I don't know if that will work out as well as they have planned. It is their highest rated show, while being on at 10. I have to disagree with the above comments on how since N@N starts earlier GL would be good in the 2nd hour of N@N. I don't think that makes a difference. Viewers don't care when N@N's programming block starts. Nobody watches N@N from 8 until late at night. Most viewers probably just want to see the show and GL has done well for them at 10 so hopefully continues to do well but might be a risky move. Although maybe they hope that the viewers will move to watch the show at 9 since it is so popular.
DSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #28
Buffyboy323

Does everyone remember when Nick at Nite used to have marathons of different shows almost every night during the summer? Those were the days....
Buffyboy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #29
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Glad to see Home Improvement Gone from Primtime but not happy to see Malcolm and Middle
TVFactFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 PM   #30
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyboy323
Does everyone remember when Nick at Nite used to have marathons of different shows almost every night during the summer? Those were the days....

Oh the summer of 2002, the good ole days
TVFactFan is online now   Reply With Quote