Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Quibi Sets Whodunnit Comedy; CW Drops Sketch Comedy After One Airing
Laff TV Acquires How I Met Your Mother; Lifetime Announces Stars for It's a Wonderful Lifetime for 2020
Fox Sets Premiere Date for Monday Fall Dramas; Jim Belushi Gets Discovery Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 3, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Damon Wayans Jr. Set to Star in Comedy for Peacock; Production to Restart for S.W.A.T.
Fri-Yay: Emmy Nominations Thoughts; Leah Remini to Host Game Show Network Game Show
Netflix Acquires Black Sitcoms from 1990s and 2000s; A 4 Sitcom Crossover Event Coming Soon to Netflix

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July/August)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #136
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2
Malcom was announced last month I think.

I agree DSfan, Home Improvement would fit on Spike I think. It would go along with MWC. They almost tried Scrubs, that's far from 'macho' isn't it? They air EM: HE on CMT, and it doesn't fit, lol....
Spike desperately needs some new shows... this is their Monday-Thursday schedule

2 hours of MWC
2 hours of Spike's Most Amazing Videos
4 hours of CSI: NY
4 hours of CSI

2/3rds of their entire daytime schedule is something CSI related. I'm honestly surprised Fridays is now an all-day MWC marathon.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:56 AM   #137
clj2

I would do:

2 hours of HI
2 hours of MWC
2 hours of Spike's Videos
3 hours of CSI: NY
3 hours of CSI

I really think HI would be an interesting fit on Spike. They intended on Scrubs, and I think Home Improvement is more macho than that, lol. Spike needs more variety.

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:54 AM   #138
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
That's news to me. I knew Everybody Hates Chris was coming later this year, but the first I heard of Malcolm coming was last month right here on this board. I'm pretty sure it was a very last-minute addition.
I just checked and it was announced last month. For some reason I thought it was announced awhile back. I must have been thinking of some other show.
yankeesrj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:37 AM   #139
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesrj12
I just checked and it was announced last month. For some reason I thought it was announced awhile back. I must have been thinking of some other show.
Yeah, it's pretty rare to have a last-minute addition like that. Family Matters, The Nanny etc(and most shows in syndication) were all known for years they were coming before they actually did.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #140
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
That's news to me. I knew Everybody Hates Chris was coming later this year, but the first I heard of Malcolm coming was last month right here on this board. I'm pretty sure it was a very last-minute addition.
Chris was planned since last year, but yeah, Malcolm was a last minute pickup by them.

And Brent, I agree with you on George Lopez - maybe if NAN gave some of their other shows special treatment, they'd be getting higher ratings as well. Seems like everything is always "George Lopez comes first, everything else comes second" to them.

If GL is doing well at 9pm, then keep it at 9pm, but something else should be airing at 10pm when they have other shows, like Family Matters, to air.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #141
clj2

But does Family Matters do well? I keep seeing Family Matters all over here, but I imagine if it did better, it would be airing at a better time. It obviously bombed in primetime last time, it could be the lowest rated show seeing when it's airing. Fresh Prince obviously does better, seeing it's getting 6 episodes per night.

I'm sick of George Lopez everything too. I don't even like it.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #142
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
But does Family Matters do well? I keep seeing Family Matters all over here, but I imagine if it did better, it would be airing at a better time. It obviously bombed in primetime last time, it could be the lowest rated show seeing when it's airing. Fresh Prince obviously does better, seeing it's getting 6 episodes per night.

I'm sick of George Lopez everything too. I don't even like it.

That's because it's a show you are not a fan of. It you were you would not care if it was on 20 times a night--lol

Like I hate that Roseanne is on 11 times a night but not the fans on this board who love the show.
TVFactFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #143
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLifeAdjuster
That's because it's a show you are not a fan of. It you were you would not care if it was on 20 times a night--lol

Like I hate that Roseanne is on 11 times a night but not the fans on this board who love the show.
I liked Roseanne being on all night the first few weeks but now I've gotten sick of it again(I got sick of it on N@N for a time years ago as well). Every show gets old if you play it enough. Unlike TV Land which only has 2 shows in primetime, N@N has 6 shows, and I think it's very unfair two shows get most of the attention(George and FP).
Old 07-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #144
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLifeAdjuster

Solomon, I love Roseanne, but I also hate how its on all night, every night. Brent is absolutely right - NAN has quite a bit of shows to air, yet GL gets 2 hours of primetime.

I've come to like GL myself, but I don't like all the emphasis it gets.
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #145
clj2

Roseanne will air 74 times on TV Land in the next week. That's a joke. NAN never ran a show in to the ground like that. NAN has a little more of an excuse, but not TV Land....they have tons of shows they could be airing at 2am.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #146
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Roseanne will air 74 times on TV Land in the next week. That's a joke. NAN never ran a show in to the ground like that. NAN has a little more of an excuse, but not TV Land....they have tons of shows they could be airing at 2am.
Roseanne is played a lot on TV Land. I remember watching the series finale a few weeks back (I never saw it) and it was on again last week or something like that. Its ridiculous!
yankeesrj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #147
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesrj12
Roseanne is played a lot on TV Land. I remember watching the series finale a few weeks back (I never saw it) and it was on again last week or something like that. Its ridiculous!

LOL, don't get me started on that. I've never seen anybody go through 220+ episodes so fast.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #148
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
LOL, don't get me started on that. I've never seen anybody go through 220+ episodes so fast.

Not hard to do when the show airs 8 times a night-lol That's one season every three days-lol
Old 07-19-2009, 05:55 PM   #149
clj2

Quote:
They are relying on Roseanne to apparently get some ratings for a certain demographic, but those people are going to get sick of it and quit watching. That's what they need to be worried about. We don't get the breakdowns but if they keep this schedule flying through the Roseanne episodes, overall ratings are going to keep falling (and start in this demo it's apparently doing decently in too). People are going to get sick of it if they already aren't.

Aren't they on like the 3rd or 4th rotation?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #150
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
They are relying on Roseanne to apparently get some ratings for a certain demographic, but those people are going to get sick of it and quit watching. That's what they need to be worried about. We don't get the breakdowns but if they keep this schedule flying through the Roseanne episodes, overall ratings are going to keep falling (and start in this demo it's apparently doing decently in too). People are going to get sick of it if they already aren't.

Aren't they on like the 3rd or 4th rotation?

Should be the 8th rotation-lol