Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Bounce Brings Back Two Sitcoms and Orders Two New Ones; Disney Television Studios Rebrands Three Divisions
Peacock Bulks Up on New Comedies; New Saved by the Bell Trailer Released
Hulu Announces Upcoming Slate for 2020; AMC Gets Real for Animated Drama
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 10, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Who's the Boss? in Line for a Reboot; Love, Victor Renewed for Season Two
Keke Palmer Joins The Proud Family Revival; Amazon to Remake Penny Marshall's A League of Their Own
Tacoma FD Gets Season 3; Stars Come Aboard HBO Pandemic Comedy Event

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July/August)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #106
clj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by b&tcfan
Yeah, my first one is similar to what their schedule was at about this time last year except The Jeffersons had one airing at 10am and I Love Lucy had 2 airings at noon. Beaver lost that 11:30am airing soon after they moved it to 5pm/5:30pm around the end of 08.

I could also see them bumping up Good Times to 10am/10:30am, airing 2 episodes of Three's Company at 11am, followed by 2 Andy Griffith Show episodes at 12pm. Maybe even 2 episodes of Sanford and Son at 9am and dropping All in the Family from the weekday line-up.
I have never understood why but they haven't aired Three's Company much outside of 11pm-5am. It has rarely aired evenings or mornings. When it does they yank it.

Yeah I can see them pulling AITF. It's never done that well it seems.

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #107
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Comcast in my area doesn't even give you the option anymore to choose between basic and digital cable. Digital Cable is the only option.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #108
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2
I have never understood why but they haven't aired Three's Company much outside of 11pm-5am. It has rarely aired evenings or mornings. When it does they yank it.

Yeah I can see them pulling AITF. It's never done that well it seems.

It's Time for Sanford and Son, All in the Family, and Good Times to GO
Old 07-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #109
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

I don't see Sanford And son going anywhere.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #110
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Well obviously it is not every Comcast, I have Comcast and it is still on basic.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #111
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Well obviously it is not every Comcast, I have Comcast and it is still on basic.

Did you announce the new schedule yet? Is the Jeffersons gone?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #112
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

The Schedule will be Announced Thursday, July 2, 2009.
Scoobiedoo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #113
Brent88
Forum Veteran

What is with TV Land tonight? Roseanne was supposed to start at 11(with SGTL encore at 10, TV Land's website still has that listed) and yet I flip by at 10:55 and an episode is going off, and now they are airing an out of order episode different from the one listed. It seems obvious to me SGTL is bombing, with the changing of timeslots on Thursday for the originals and now apparently pulling encores at the last second. I say good because is it really necessary to reair the same show 10 times a week?

Oh and IT'S ON THE CLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #114
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
What is with TV Land tonight? Roseanne was supposed to start at 11(with SGTL encore at 10, TV Land's website still has that listed) and yet I flip by at 10:55 and an episode is going off, and now they are airing an out of order episode different from the one listed. It seems obvious to me SGTL is bombing, with the changing of timeslots on Thursday for the originals and now apparently pulling encores at the last second. I say good because is it really necessary to reair the same show 10 times a week?

Oh and IT'S ON THE CLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the clock and I'm missing this??? So did the SGTL 10:00 encore not air? IMO, that's a good idea. The encore was obviously bringing down the regular airing ratings. I never understood why they did that in the first place.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #115
clj2

I didn't think it was worth posting, but I noticed the other day that a SGTL encore was supposed to air instead of Good Times (so my OSG says) from 11am-12pm...well, Good Times aired instead. They are yanking the encores. This may be doing worse than The Cougar. And the promos go on about what a hit it is and how the press raves. "Women with dignity?" Taking their tops off and seen in their underwear? Yeah....dignity

Another thing. Under the bug, it says "She's Got the Look, New episode tomorrow 9PM & 10PM." Um, the new episode is at 10PM! One icon for TV Land: !
Old 07-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #116
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2
I didn't think it was worth posting, but I noticed the other day that a SGTL encore was supposed to air instead of Good Times (so my OSG says) from 11am-12pm...well, Good Times aired instead. They are yanking the encores. This may be doing worse than The Cougar. And the promos go on about what a hit it is and how the press raves. "Women with dignity?" Taking their tops off and seen in their underwear? Yeah....dignity

Another thing. Under the bug, it says "She's Got the Look, New episode tomorrow 9PM & 10PM." Um, the new episode is at 10PM! One icon for TV Land: !
TV Land is dumb. When I first saw that I thought it meant there would be TWO new episodes.

Julie: I'm assuming Roseanne started at 10 after Cosby, not exactly sure though but I don't see any way the SGTL encore aired unless they cut Cosby and aired it at 9:30 or something, but that would make even less sense than this(if that's possible).
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #117
clj2

Well, if they were smart they would air 2 new episodes a week and burn it off. It's undoubtedly bringing the already frail network down even more.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #118
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
TV Land is dumb. When I first saw that I thought it meant there would be TWO new episodes.

Julie: I'm assuming Roseanne started at 10 after Cosby, not exactly sure though but I don't see any way the SGTL encore aired unless they cut Cosby and aired it at 9:30 or something, but that would make even less sense than this(if that's possible).
That's what a normal viewer would probably think. The fact that they're advertising the same episode airing twice is throwing people off, making them think its 2 new episodes. It's almost like false advertising - no wonder the ratings for this show have gotten so low.

If Roseanne's doing so badly, I still don't see the reason to air it all the time. I love the show, but if the ratings are bad, they should air something else.
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #119
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
If Roseanne's doing so badly, I still don't see the reason to air it all the time. I love the show, but if the ratings are bad, they should air something else.
This is the biggest mystery to me. It has to be doing the best of what they have in PRIME since it airs so much and seems to be the show they turn to to fill in when they pull something, not to mention it's got another huge marathon this weekend.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #120
clj2

Oh, they've started promoting The Cosby Show weeknights at 7pm, saw it during Good Times. I guess it isn't doing too great. It's been on TV Land since 2006 (well, all the time since late 2008) and hasn't done that great. I am baffled about how well Roseanne and Cosby Show did on NAN but they falter on TV Land. Hey, I know it wouldn't fit, but I'm surprised they don't add Full House as much as I hate it, it's worth a try...they have tried all of NAN's other has-beens.

I wonder why they haven't tried bringing 3rd Rock From the Sun back. I actually thought it was doing well, it got a lot of marathons and special airings when it started. Airing it during PRIME would at least add some variety.