Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Who's the Boss? in Line for a Reboot; Love, Victor Renewed for Season Two
Keke Palmer Joins The Proud Family Revival; Amazon to Remake Penny Marshall's A League of Their Own
Tacoma FD Gets Season 3; Stars Come Aboard HBO Pandemic Comedy Event
Quibi Sets Whodunnit Comedy; CW Drops Sketch Comedy After One Airing
Laff TV Acquires How I Met Your Mother; Lifetime Announces Stars for It's a Wonderful Lifetime for 2020
Fox Sets Premiere Date for Monday Fall Dramas; Jim Belushi Gets Discovery Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 3, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July/August)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #61
clj2

Does anyone else have a feeling we'll see major changes in August? I don't know why, or when, but I see them making some big changes for some reason, notably prime-time and late nights. I don't see all of that Roseanne continuing for so long.

I noticed Charlie's Angels at 8pm had the "PRIME" bug. Have they expanded PRIME?

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:52 AM   #62
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2
Does anyone else have a feeling we'll see major changes in August? I don't know why, or when, but I see them making some big changes for some reason, notably prime-time and late nights. I don't see all of that Roseanne continuing for so long.

I noticed Charlie's Angels at 8pm had the "PRIME" bug. Have they expanded PRIME?
We could, but you just can't tell with TV Land.

I don't think TV Land knows when PRIME is themselves. They could stick it in at 2pm and no one would know the difference.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #63
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:

Why wait til August? This is TV Land, they have radically changed the schedule with a few hours notice before(last month when Roseanne came early). I'm honestly surprised the schedule generally looks to stay the same for the 3rd week in a row. I don't think we've seen the last of MWC and I think Home Improvement will be on the schedule if not in August, then definitely by September.

I definitely agree, I can't see Roseanne airing so much for so long either.

I'm really annoyed, they changed the 3:30am Roseanne episode which was supposed to be a first run episode at the last minute(after the whole Farrah stuff was added) for one that aired before the marathon and during the launch marathon(and encored both times) and also aired at 10pm(added at the last minute) and the one they removed is one of the few not reairing so it was skipped. I just don't get this pathetic channel.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #64
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
Why wait til August? This is TV Land, they have radically changed the schedule with a few hours notice before(last month when Roseanne came early). I'm honestly surprised the schedule generally looks to stay the same for the 3rd week in a row. I don't think we've seen the last of MWC and I think Home Improvement will be on the schedule if not in August, then definitely by September.

I definitely agree, I can't see Roseanne airing so much for so long either.

I'm really annoyed, they changed the 3:30am Roseanne episode which was supposed to be a first run episode at the last minute(after the whole Farrah stuff was added) for one that aired before the marathon and during the launch marathon(and encored both times) and also aired at 10pm(added at the last minute) and the one they removed is one of the few not reairing so it was skipped. I just don't get this pathetic channel.
I don't get why they're skipping over so many Roseanne episodes. The last episode I watched last night was the 3am one - but wasn't it great to have the episodes start and end on time? Seems like all the episodes they're airing are ones they already aired. I think they aired the pot episode about 5 times already.

I'm also enjoying Married with Children. Too bad they could air a MWT marathon every weekend. I think we'll definitely see it returning soon. And you're absolutely right - I'm shocked we've gotten the same schedule, with no sudden changes, for 3 weeks. It's a miracle.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #65
clj2

Home Improvement is going to have to come. They can't rely on Roseanne, Cosby, and movies to fill 7:00PM-5:00AM. It's barely on Nick@Nite next month, why wait? Roseanne from 11pm-4am just isn't practical. And yeah, the schedule probably will change With the removal of Leave it to Beaver, I don't even bother watching them anymore. The whole channel is just worthless now and it's pathetic.

The marathons of Bonanza, Sanford and Son and The Jeffersons on the weekends are pretty boring, IMO. They're on every weekday, especially The Jeffersons and Bonanza. The "classic marathons" should be shows not regularly airing, like they are doing with Andy Griffith (which, IMO, shouldnt get a marathon every weekend, at least at night), Beaver, Brady Bunch, Hogan's Heroes. Why not Star Trek or give Green Acres one last hurrah? Then again, I guess The Jeffersons deserves a marathon, because I still bet it will be gone (along with M*A*S*H, it's useless to them now) come September.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:04 AM   #66
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Once TV Land can get rid of paid programking (they really need to) and stop the off-the-clock stuff, they need a set schedule!
I'm proposing two parts to the schedule. Classic TV Land (6A-6P) and Modern/PRIME TV Land (6P-6A). This way everyone is happy! The N is dropping Saved by the Bell (for now?) and Growing Pains, so I think they fit better on TV Land.

Weekdays (for fun, this is not real!)
Classic TV Land
6-7AM M*A*S*H
7:00AM Gunsmoke
8:00AM Bonanza
9:00AM All in the Family
9:30AM Sanford & Son
10:00AM The Jeffersons
10:30AM Good Times
11:00AM The Brady Bunch
11:30AM Leave it to Beaver
12:00PM Hogan's Heroes
12:30PM Green Acres
1:00PM Beverly Hillbillies
1:30PM Andy Griffith Show
2:00PM Gunsmoke
3:00PM Bonanza
4-5PM The Andy Griffith Show
5-6PM Three's Company

Weekdays (for fun, this is not real)
Modern/PRIME TV Land
6-7PM Cosby Show
7-8PM Growing Pains
8-9PM Saved by the Bell
9-10PM Home Improvement
10-11PM Married...with Children
11PM-12AM Roseanne
12-1AM Saved by the Bell
1-2AM Married...with Children
2-3AM Roseanne
3-4AM Home Improvement
4-5AM Growing Pains
5-6AM Cosby Show

Weekends can have Star Trek at 6am, then Gunsmoke/Bonanza 7-9am, and then classic marathons from 9am-6pm. Modern/PRIME takes over 6pm-6am with marathons of their own maybe.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 06-30-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 AM   #67
clj2

I don't think they can air LHOTP at 6am, can they? I think they have it 6pm-6am, so in that scenario I don't think it would really have a place (like MASH). Other than that, I think that is a very good idea.

I like the idea of having a "Classic" TV Land and then splitting it apart from 6pm-6am, then having PRIME then. Do you know when they will announce something about the 3 shows expiring next month? I'm sure Acres will be gone. They need to overhaul the whole channel and concept....classics by day, modern by night. Stop confusing the viewers!
Old 06-30-2009, 02:28 AM   #68
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

My mistake, forgot about Little House. They can air M*A*S*H then in the mornings, since they have it from 8pm-8am. Little House can be on weekends or not on at all, since the 6pm-6am thing won't fit it.

I won't know the renewal details until the schedule comes out.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:42 AM   #69
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Once TV Land can get rid of paid programking (they really need to) and stop the off-the-clock stuff, they need a set schedule!
I'm proposing two parts to the schedule. Classic TV Land (6A-6P) and Modern/PRIME TV Land (6P-6A). This way everyone is happy! The N is dropping Saved by the Bell (for now?) and Growing Pains, so I think they fit better on TV Land.

Weekdays (for fun, this is not real!)
Classic TV Land
6-7AM M*A*S*H
7:00AM Gunsmoke
8:00AM Bonanza
9:00AM All in the Family
9:30AM Sanford & Son
10:00AM The Jeffersons
10:30AM Good Times
11:00AM The Brady Bunch
11:30AM Leave it to Beaver
12:00PM Hogan's Heroes
12:30PM Green Acres
1:00PM Beverly Hillbillies
1:30PM Andy Griffith Show
2:00PM Gunsmoke
3:00PM Bonanza
4-5PM The Andy Griffith Show
5-6PM Three's Company

Weekdays (for fun, this is not real)
Modern/PRIME TV Land
6-7PM Cosby Show
7-8PM Growing Pains
8-9PM Saved by the Bell
9-10PM Home Improvement
10-11PM Married...with Children
11PM-12AM Roseanne
12-1AM Saved by the Bell
1-2AM Married...with Children
2-3AM Roseanne
3-4AM Home Improvement
4-5AM Growing Pains
5-6AM Cosby Show

Weekends can have Star Trek at 6am, then Gunsmoke/Bonanza 7-9am, and then classic marathons from 9am-6pm. Modern/PRIME takes over 6pm-6am with marathons of their own maybe.
WOW, this would be an awesome schedule. I'm hoping TV Land at least makes some moves in the right direction come August(more variety and no off the clock). I also want MWC to come back. TV Land is the only one of TBS/TV Land/Spike that airs it at a decent time(9-11am on Spike, blah).
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #70
clj2

What do you all think about some DECENT original programming on TV Land? I mean good quality, scripted. Not this failing garbage like The Cougar and She's Got the Look (which The Link even said are doing badly, and they must be for him to say so). Maybe a sitcom or even a drama. Some of it was good (Top 10, Inside TV Land, TV Land Confidential) but the stuff in the last 2 years has been awful. I don't know what sort of access they have to movies, but I could see them airing a movie daily in the afternoon or even primetime soon in place of the westerns.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #71
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

TV Land August will see some changes in the mornings from 9am-1pm. I think this will seal the fate of The Jeffersons and Green Acres. More to come later this week on the blog, if all goes well.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #72
tvparadise
Forum Regular

Wow, weekday morning changes. That has been about the only daypart to stay consistent during the 1st 1/2 of 09.

I would love to see MWC, SBTB, HI, and GP all together during primetime- great 80s/90s TV fun! But they rather do things like air a show for 5+ hours straight and show encores of originals, etc...
tvparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #73
JulieSomoski

Quote:
What do you all think about some DECENT original programming on TV Land? I mean good quality, scripted. Not this failing garbage like The Cougar and She's Got the Look (which The Link even said are doing badly, and they must be for him to say so). Maybe a sitcom or even a drama. Some of it was good (Top 10, Inside TV Land, TV Land Confidential) but the stuff in the last 2 years has been awful. I don't know what sort of access they have to movies, but I could see them airing a movie daily in the afternoon or even primetime soon in place of the westerns.
That Joan Rivers show could do moderately well. She seems to bring in an audience no matter what she's on.

But I think if that doesn't hit, TV Land needs to give up on original programming altogether. It's more costly than airing reruns, and it isn't doing better than reruns. They keep trying to find that one show, but they just can't do it.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #74
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
TV Land August will see some changes in the mornings from 9am-1pm. I think this will seal the fate of The Jeffersons and Green Acres. More to come later this week on the blog, if all goes well.
I'm still thinking we'll see Jeffersons renewed and Green Acres gone. It could reall go either way, though. Looking forward to that August schedule.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #75
SpenceOlchin
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
That Joan Rivers show could do moderately well. She seems to bring in an audience no matter what she's on.

But I think if that doesn't hit, TV Land needs to give up on original programming altogether. It's more costly than airing reruns, and it isn't doing better than reruns. They keep trying to find that one show, but they just can't do it.
They still have HSR which I believe is coming back within the next few months. I hate the show, but apparently people like to watch a bunch of middle aged people act like teenagers. Anyway, I found a thread on the TV Land boards that has a tentative (rough) schedule for August. The poster said that they got the info from the host of SO. Here it is: http://forums.tvland.com/tvln/board/...hread.id=30963
SpenceOlchin is offline   Reply With Quote