Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Keke Palmer Joins The Proud Family Revival; Amazon to Remake Penny Marshall's A League of Their Own
Tacoma FD Gets Season 3; Stars Come Aboard HBO Pandemic Comedy Event
Quibi Sets Whodunnit Comedy; CW Drops Sketch Comedy After One Airing
Laff TV Acquires How I Met Your Mother; Lifetime Announces Stars for It's a Wonderful Lifetime for 2020
Fox Sets Premiere Date for Monday Fall Dramas; Jim Belushi Gets Discovery Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 3, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Damon Wayans Jr. Set to Star in Comedy for Peacock; Production to Restart for S.W.A.T.

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July/August)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-18-2020, 10:14 AM   #16
pardilia
Frequent Poster

I'm actually really looking forward to it. I can understand why there isn't a lot of excitement for it - the Farina "reboot" didn't present anything new which was a HUGE letdown. I think Farina took a lot of undue criticism as a poor host when the real letdown was the flashy repackaging of old content - some that wasn't even updated though there were updates available at the time.

There are also a TON of shows now that cover almost every segment type that UM covered. People have had a LOT of time to seek out a new source for their particular interests.

I'm totally going to watch the new series - whether I like it or not, I bugged Netflix A LOT about UM. I *have* to watch it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it even with the changes as it's NEW CONTENT. From looking at the list of cases, it looks like they really knocked it out of the park with finding ones that are unheard of on the internet.

For those of you that don't have Netflix, they usually have free trials available and you can binge the show and then cancel before the trial is up.
pardilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:01 PM   #17
unsolved88
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by idyla View Post
I'm actually really looking forward to it. I can understand why there isn't a lot of excitement for it - the Farina "reboot" didn't present anything new which was a HUGE letdown. I think Farina took a lot of undue criticism as a poor host when the real letdown was the flashy repackaging of old content - some that wasn't even updated though there were updates available at the time.

There are also a TON of shows now that cover almost every segment type that UM covered. People have had a LOT of time to seek out a new source for their particular interests.

I'm totally going to watch the new series - whether I like it or not, I bugged Netflix A LOT about UM. I *have* to watch it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it even with the changes as it's NEW CONTENT. From looking at the list of cases, it looks like they really knocked it out of the park with finding ones that are unheard of on the internet.

For those of you that don't have Netflix, they usually have free trials available and you can binge the show and then cancel before the trial is up.
This is the first heard about a list of cases. Where did you find it?
unsolved88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:54 PM   #18
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

I'm.. Wating for it.. I was excited when it was announced a year or two ago, but we haven't really gotten much since then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsolv...ies_(season_15)

That's got episode titles and shows the release date as July 1st.. But seems to me Netflix hasn't really hyped it up or anything.

Anyone seen any previews or anything?

Here's the synopsis of the episodes

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/361...-new-episodes/
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 01:02 PM   #19
TrueCrimeCanuck
Occasional Poster

I had completely forgotten about this new version of Unsolved Mysteries. As for why there's not a lot of press for it, and this is just my opinion, but I think the situations that are happening right now are making people leery about content that's featuring law enforcement and they might be playing the launch down because of this. I'd expect there to be a bit more buzz closer to the 30th or near the end of June.

As for the show itself, I'm skeptical. I loved Unsolved Mysteries (the Stack version) because of how it was paced, how it was shot, the way they did the reenactments, the musical choices. I'm just not sure if they could replicate that system with the way documentaries are done now. I was worried that they'd be doing the typical "shock reality TV stuff" but the crew seems to be pretty good. I don't know many of the directors and I haven't seen their work, and the original producers are involved, so perhaps there is some hope of that magic still remaining. On the other hand...the "Stranger Things" producers are also involved, so who knows what this could end up looking like. There seem to be several directors involved and the episodes do not have unique directors each time.

This is probably me being nitpicky too, but everything is shot so cleanly now. For a show like this, having the washed out colours and film look would make it so much better, but I get the average public doesn't care about that. If the show is 4k and crisp, I think it will take a lot away from it.

Having each story as one standalone episode is definitely more interesting in terms of telling more info about the case, but personally, I think it's also robs the show of some of the mystery. A lot of what makes these shows great is touching on the unknown or mysterious aspects of a case, and only seeing a snippet of it can heighten that unknown aspect and want to make you talk about it more or dig for stuff yourself.

But we won't know anything for sure until we see the 6 episodes. I'm going to try and watch them one per week, as if I was watching the TV broadcasts so I have more time to think on them. I hope we can all discuss them!!
TrueCrimeCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:29 PM   #20
alistaircranium
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm.. Wating for it.. I was excited when it was announced a year or two ago, but we haven't really gotten much since then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsolv...ies_(season_15)

That's got episode titles and shows the release date as July 1st.. But seems to me Netflix hasn't really hyped it up or anything.

Anyone seen any previews or anything?

Here's the synopsis of the episodes

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/361...-new-episodes/
They havenít released a trailer or key art yet but I would expect it sometime next week.
alistaircranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:26 AM   #21
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

It's bizarre to me that this is premiering on July 1st, and there hasn't been a teaser trailer released or anything.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 01:32 PM   #22
alistaircranium
Forum Regular

This is the week Netflix releases its list of new content for the upcoming month so keep your eyes on their social media accounts.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:51 PM   #23
isotope
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by idyla View Post

...There are also a TON of shows now that cover almost every segment type that UM covered. People have had a LOT of time to seek out a new source for their particular interests.
I think this is the major problem - there are just so many crime reenactment shows out there now, its going to be extremely difficult for a revamped UM to distinguish itself... maybe an update on the Wackers might do the trick
isotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:59 AM   #24
Guardian
Forum Regular

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not expecting it to be great. I hope I'm wrong.

The main reason I'm skeptical is for the same reason I had said back when it was announced that my fear was that they would do a newer style documentary. With no host and no narrator, this leaves the only real option for setting up and telling the story to be the people being interviewed, the reenactments, and possibly text (which seems all too common for documentaries these days IMO).

I will say that one of my fears early on about this is actually not possible with them doing only one segment per episode. I can't stand shows like "I Survived" and other similar ones where they have more than one story and continually cut back and forth from one to the other. That completely takes the viewer out of the story and can at times get confusing to the viewer. I despise that type of documentary. So luckily they are not doing that.

I do feel they are making a huge mistake about not having a host though. I think that is gonna bite them in the ass in the end.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:05 AM   #25
Guardian
Forum Regular

As much as I'd like them to do it as much as possible in the same style as the original, with grainy 16mm cameras and a host and such, I for one would be happy if nothing else, if they did the exact same format as the Farina version but ONLY if they did new cases.

The Farina version wasn't as good as the Stack version, but I still think if they had done new cases for it, they would have been successful. The relative style of the old version was there (if only vaguely), but I know that I for one when tuning in for the first time was surprised and then upset to see just re-edits of the old cases I'd been watching for years. The only good thing to come from that format was that it gave the opportunity to see some of the early special segments and Final Appeal segments I had never seen.
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #26
alistaircranium
Forum Regular

No host will ever measure up to Robert Stack so Iím glad theyíre not using one.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:22 AM   #27
Guardian
Forum Regular

I just got to thinking, what if all the talk of of there being no host for the new series is just a smoke screen? What if for a host they have brought back one of the more outrageous people interviewed on The original series? Could you imagine Chad Noe or Paul Polis as the host? Or maybe Jule Caylor? lol
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote