Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #76
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Also, I take issue with the poster ripping on us arm chair detectives. All of us here are basically arm chaired detectives. I like how you rip on us for that yet you are doing the exact same thing.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:16 AM   #77
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

The problem with the idea of AJ himself becoming a fugitive and going on the run (other than it being out of his character)... is how do we explain the two acquaintance friends who saw him on the same day in the red car, looking like he was kidnapped?

Even if he did start drinking again, I think he would've turned up rather quickly (either coming to his senses and returning to his job and his kids and other friends). The scenario about him helping out someone from the AA club on his way home after leaving the store is possible though. Like they could've suddenly become violent.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:43 AM   #78
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschooler81
The problem with the idea of AJ himself becoming a fugitive and going on the run (other than it being out of his character)... is how do we explain the two acquaintance friends who saw him on the same day in the red car, looking like he was kidnapped?

Even if he did start drinking again, I think he would've turned up rather quickly (either coming to his senses and returning to his job and his kids and other friends). The scenario about him helping out someone from the AA club on his way home after leaving the store is possible though. Like they could've suddenly become violent.
AJ leaving on his own has another problem...he left his car.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #79
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
Yeah, that stands out more than anything.

Just wondered - what does anyone make of the golf course janitor guy who says he saw AJ (or someone who looked like him) being kidnapped?

What's interesting in the reenactment is that the car was a white Volvo (not the red one his two friends later saw him in/around), and that it was in the daytime. Yet AJ disappeared at night when he was on his way home from the conveinence store.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:28 AM   #80
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschooler81
Yeah, that stands out more than anything.

Just wondered - what does anyone make of the golf course janitor guy who says he saw AJ (or someone who looked like him) being kidnapped?

What's interesting in the reenactment is that the car was a white Volvo (not the red one his two friends later saw him in/around), and that it was in the daytime. Yet AJ disappeared at night when he was on his way home from the conveinence store.
Here are my opinions of the witnesses recollections:

Maintenance person- I don't believe this is a positive ID...did he even know who AJ was? Witnesses who don't know the subject are very unreliable.

Woman who "AJ" attempted to sell fish to- see above, same reasons

Man who saw "AJ" in car- slightly more credible than the others. This person knew AJ personally, but saw him riding in a passing vehicle.

Man who saw "AJ" at phone booth- This would be a credible sighting to me...the guy knew AJ personally for many years, saw him in person, and said hello to him.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #81
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Quote:
Here are my opinions of the witnesses recollections:

Maintenance person- I don't believe this is a positive ID...did he even know who AJ was? Witnesses who don't know the subject are very unreliable.

Woman who "AJ" attempted to sell fish to- see above, same reasons

Man who saw "AJ" in car- slightly more credible than the others. This person knew AJ personally, but saw him riding in a passing vehicle.

Man who saw "AJ" at phone booth- This would be a credible sighting to me...the guy knew AJ personally for many years, saw him in person, and said hello to him.

Yeah Kenneth Pelliegrin. The actor who played him looked nothing like him. His testimony was the most belivable but the witness who saw him driving by did see AJ in the same colour car and with the same amount of occupants.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #82
Mastermind

Quote:
Not unusual for fugitives or runaways to find alternative transportation.

Remember that police can give your car license and description in the APB.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #83
Coffeeface
Coffeeface
Frequent Poster

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Perhaps the abduters knew he would not go anywhere. AJ may have known they could find him and kill him at any time. Plus, AJ probably has to consider these guys could kill his family as wel if he escaped. It was most likely a "no-win" situation for AJ.

As I said before, I could easily see a scenario were AJ was jacked by some people he owed money to. These guys probably stripped his clothes and beat him up. They made an ultimatum to him--Get the money to us by a certain time or you die!.

Sadly I don;t think AJ got the money in time.

So far, that's the only theory that makes sense to me. I've really been chewing on this one for long time. I just can't believe this guy disappeared into thin air. Also, I don't think the lady in blue who saw him selling fish is correct. I think she is mistaken.

"Never, never doubt what no one is sure about." -Wily Wonka
Coffeeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #84
cocytus
Forum Regular

Just finished viewing this segment and I have questions of my own:

1) Did anyone else happen to notice that Mr Breaux's financial status was not mentioned in the segment? They never say if he was having troubles with his business or with his personal finances. That could be a primary motivator if he disappeared on his own.

2) He was living with his daughter according to the segment. That would likely mean that he didn't have any female companionship. Is it possible that Mr. Breaux was/is gay? Could he have run into some unsavory companions during a tryst?

3) If, as shown in the segment he had changed clothes, where were his original clothes? Did they find any clothes in his abandoned car?

4) if he was abducted, as it is implied several times throughout the segment, what was the purpose of the abduction? Did he often carry large amounts of cash? Could somebody have wanted him to break into his business and get some cash for them? Did he even have any money of his own?

5) The quart of milk he shown purchasing; whatever happened to that? Was it in the car?

6) Why would his daughter have thought that he would be in the trunk of his car? Of all the statements in the segment, that struck me is the most odd as the was no reason to suspect that he was dead at that time. Was Mr. Breaux involved in some type of gambling or criminal activity?

7) Of the four eyewitness sightings, personally I only believed to: the woman in the store where Mr. Breaux bought the milk and the gentleman that recognized him on the pay phone. The other two sightings seemed kind of sketchy. Especially the frozen fish sighting (he only stopped at her home and offered her some fish?)

8) IMHO, the note was obviously a forgery. If Mr. Breaux had accidentally shot himself, why dump the body in the river? Why not simply leave it where the accident had occurred? or taken to a hospital?

Very strange case that probably won't be solved without a confession or Mr. Breaux's body being discovered.
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #85
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I had only seen this case once years ago, but it was recently re-aired on Lifetime with Farina as the host. They left out the part of the eyewitness who claims to have seen Breaux being abducted, (shocker I know) which throws the case in a whole other direction. I was thinking the most likely possibility was that his demons overcame him that night, he stopped off for a drink, then that turned into 12 and he killed himself because he was ashamed of what he'd done. But if that eyewitness was reliable, he most certainly was abducted and murdered.

Last edited by TheCars1986; 07-01-2011 at 07:20 AM.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #86
welshman
Frequent Poster

Default WELSHMAN

I've recently seen this case on the site that will not be mentioned after thinking I'd seen all the good episodes I was very intrigued by it, a few points i'd like to mention are,

If AJ thought he was being followed he might have turned into the park to see if the car passed him by and when it followed him in he might have dumped his wallet and keys under the seat thinking he was being robbed,

The fact that two people say they saw him in strange clothing/vehicle before they knew he was missing is believable seeing that he wasn't on their minds and wasn't in a familiar setting or clothing which would be more likely to cause false sightings.

Being an ex alcholic would have toughened him up and it's possible he made a decision to not phone anyone to get a ransom in the hope the kidnappers would give up.

It would have been a good idea for the kidnappers to use two different vehicles one to kidnap and then one to use afterwards which would explain why the janitor saw a different vehicle.

The "fish" witness confuses me she only knew him from the flyer but didn't recognise him when she saw the photo that was in the flyer!

I don't believe the theories about drugs, debt or orgies. What happened to the milk is a mystery if he chose to disappear then he took it with him but it's hard to imagine kidnappers would take it or let him bring it.

My last point is that on the site that will not be mentioned someone who claims to be related to Kenneth Pelligren (the payphone witness) says "hes the biggest liar that ive even known" whether I can believe someone who writes "even" instead of ever is up to debate.
welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #87
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman
My last point is that on the site that will not be mentioned someone who claims to be related to Kenneth Pelligren (the payphone witness) says "hes the biggest liar that ive even known" whether I can believe someone who writes "even" instead of ever is up to debate.
I don't see any reason the man would have to lie about seeing AJ. For an appearance on UM? Not likely. I've always wondered who AJ was talking to on the payphone when Pelligren saw him outside the store.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #88
welshman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I don't see any reason the man would have to lie about seeing AJ. For an appearance on UM? Not likely. I've always wondered who AJ was talking to on the payphone when Pelligren saw him outside the store.
If he had been kidnapped the kidnappers could have told him to phone his family for a ransom, knowing it would look odd to see two men near one phone they let him do it on his own and he either phoned a random number or didn't call anyone at all in the hope that they would give up, but that doesn't answer why he didn't phone the police unless he thought that would endanger his life even more?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #89
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman
If he had been kidnapped the kidnappers could have told him to phone his family for a ransom, knowing it would look odd to see two men near one phone they let him do it on his own and he either phoned a random number or didn't call anyone at all in the hope that they would give up, but that doesn't answer why he didn't phone the police unless he thought that would endanger his life even more?
Was there ever a motive presented which would give anyone a reson to kidnap AJ and hold him for ransom?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #90
welshman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Was there ever a motive presented which would give anyone a reson to kidnap AJ and hold him for ransom?
The segment does say say he worked in the same store for thirty years so maybe someone thought he owned it apart from that I don't think so.