Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet (Sitcoms Online) / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet Photo Gallery

The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Buy The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons on DVD
Ozzie & Harriet Classics

Buy Ozzie & Harriet Classics on DVD
The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection

Buy The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer
Dove Channel Brings Out Holiday Classics; CW Gets DC Universe Series with Sitcom Star

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-17-2015, 05:18 PM   #16
matt77b
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVeeCloset
I have compete respect for you and your right to post what you read and your interest in all aspects of Nelson quotes, so again this is not personal to you, but to clarify (and not to start some posting war) but unless you are Tracys' PR person (or affliated with) some of your words took mine out of context and some right to the point as you suggested her financial issues. I was not casting aspersions towards Tracy or any Nelson (and the family is quite large).

Feel free to do a search with my user name and read my complete over 10 posts in various threads since Sam's Kickstarter campaign began 5 years ago. I in return have been very protective of the gentle wonderful soul that is Sam Nelson and remain loyal, (this has NOTHING to due with my large monetary contribution as you implied). I was much more involved as my avitar isn't for entertainment, I am 3 minutes from Ozzie's childhood still standing home, played a major role in the dedication ceremony naming a street after Ozzie where Gunner & Matthew and other family members attended over 20 years ago.

Due to my continued professionalism and "off the record" past emails and in person afternoon conversations with Sam I cannot and will not divulge what was said, but I spent 32 years in television, so we had an extra connection, I showed Sam this site, etc. Toured him his grandfathers hometown all while cameras rolled.

All families have inner struggles, it was a TV show with real people but not all is always what it seems especially 60 years later and all main parties are now sadly passed, with some family members (none will be mentioned here) counting their share of profits, and wanting a piece of the pie before a single DVD is even pressed. I can share this as the following came directly from Sam on one of his kickstarter updates, "He sadly discovered that when he opened rotting 50 plus year old film cans, many of the elements were red dust". So he announced that he hoped to compile at least the best he could of the first two seasons for DVD release and TV syndication to pay for more restorations of what was left. This was a labor of love for Sam and my main point was since Sam has pretty much vanished for whatever I'm sure innocent reasons, I can only take what Tracy has to say with a grain of salt, as again I cannot divulge my past private words/conversations/emails with Sam.

My best to you, again it's not personal, so please don't take inside information as being offensive to you or Tracy, I simply stated what I could say and that it was Sam who spent countless hours with his grandmother watching the series and the father he hardly ever got to know. Many a Nelson had a opportunity to pick up the torch but it was Sam (the youngest) who did after Davids' passing, so certainly Sam and his words and his alone whether public or private should be taken into serious consideration as to the several reasons as to why the original Kickstarter dream is pretty much now a nightmare and/or impossible.
Sorry if I misinterpreted anything from your previous posting then. And I think you are right about the death of the kickstarter project, alas.

BTW, anybody on this forum would do well to check out the facebook page for O&H that is run by Connie Harper Nelson (Miss Edwards on the show as well as Ozzie's secretary, then Rick's national fan club president, and then after the show went off the air, she was married for a number of years to Ozzie's younger brother Don). She posts pics and recollections from the show, and others who made occasional appearances of the show (such as Elaine DuPont) do as well. Mike Ianarelli (nephew of crew member Jack Ianarelli) posts sometimes too. In fact it was on that page that I found the link to Tracy's post. And I guess to reiterate my original point without casting any aspersions on teeveecloset, who obviously had a lot invested (and I don't just mean financially) in Sam's project, it's through Tracy's postings that I reached my firm conclusion that she clearly does care a great deal about Ozzie, Harriet, Dave, and esp. (of course) Rick, and the show, and its legacy. Whatever role she may or may not have played in the kickstarter project, to me her postings on facebook & youtube about her family, or the show, or the music of any of the Nelsons (from O&H to Rick to the twins to Sam's H is Orange) are always a treat. The facebook posting that led to her comment that I mentioned was a vintage photo of Ozzie and one of the show's camera men on the set of the show.

Anyway, teeveecloset, my best to you, and I've always found your posts about the project and about Ridgefield Park to be most interesting. I'll continue to look forward to whatever postings you might make on here as well as whatever Tracy has to say on fb or yt.
matt77b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #17
supersix
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt77b
Sorry if I misinterpreted anything from your previous posting then. And I think you are right about the death of the kickstarter project, alas.

BTW, anybody on this forum would do well to check out the facebook page for O&H that is run by Connie Harper Nelson (Miss Edwards on the show as well as Ozzie's secretary, then Rick's national fan club president, and then after the show went off the air, she was married for a number of years to Ozzie's younger brother Don). She posts pics and recollections from the show, and others who made occasional appearances of the show (such as Elaine DuPont) do as well. Mike Ianarelli (nephew of crew member Jack Ianarelli) posts sometimes too. In fact it was on that page that I found the link to Tracy's post. And I guess to reiterate my original point without casting any aspersions on teeveecloset, who obviously had a lot invested (and I don't just mean financially) in Sam's project, it's through Tracy's postings that I reached my firm conclusion that she clearly does care a great deal about Ozzie, Harriet, Dave, and esp. (of course) Rick, and the show, and its legacy. Whatever role she may or may not have played in the kickstarter project, to me her postings on facebook & youtube about her family, or the show, or the music of any of the Nelsons (from O&H to Rick to the twins to Sam's H is Orange) are always a treat. The facebook posting that led to her comment that I mentioned was a vintage photo of Ozzie and one of the show's camera men on the set of the show.

Anyway, teeveecloset, my best to you, and I've always found your posts about the project and about Ridgefield Park to be most interesting. I'll continue to look forward to whatever postings you might make on here as well as whatever Tracy has to say on fb or yt.
I couldn't seem to find the aforementioned Facebook group by searching. What is the name of the group? Thanks.
supersix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:04 AM   #18
matt77b
Frequent Poster

Right now it's just called "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet," but according to a posting on the page, its name is about to change to "Remembering The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet."

Here is a link to the page:

https://www.facebook.com/ozzieandharriet
matt77b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #19
catsafterme
Occasional Poster

I'm sure many you have seen the most recent update from Sam yesterday. Regardless of whether or not it will be a complete set, Sam is still apparently continuing work on the project. I will be most anxious to see ANY results from his work so far...

FROM SAM:

Just wanted to give another update about the progress of the restoration. In addition to video elements, I have also been working on extensive audio correction. Of course its been an interesting and challenging endeavor (as it all seems to be). Like the video, its been somewhat of a puzzle matching and merging various elements, fixing bad edits, dropouts, and time decay because of natural degeneration over the years. Again, its exhaustive, but my goal is to try and restore things the way they were originally intended as much as possible.

Again, there is always room for further fixing, but Iím happy about the overall corrections so far, which, in my humble opinion, makes the audio overall sound better than its ever been.

Additionally, we went to a good friends house this past week to work on some personal clips to include in the episodes. We had a good time, and it turned out great, so I have attached some stills from the shoot that day.
catsafterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #20
Mokey
Occasional Poster

I love this show. I think I have probably seen all the episodes in public domain. From You Tube and RerunCentury.com. I hope Sam's project comes to see the light of day. I am a friend of Tracy's on Facebook and Connie Harper Nelson who runs the Ozzie and Harriet Facebook page.
Mokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #21
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokey
I love this show. I think I have probably seen all the episodes in public domain. From You Tube and RerunCentury.com. I hope Sam's project comes to see the light of day. I am a friend of Tracy's on Facebook and Connie Harper Nelson who runs the Ozzie and Harriet Facebook page.
I do too; anything new he produces I'm sure will be lapped up by us hard core fans.

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is online now   Reply With Quote