Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #226
Steve W.
Forum Regular

If those are the murder weapons (a revolver, knife, along with rope and tape), then they should still be able to find finger prints and make DNA matches, correct?
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #227
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyangel
Has it been OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED that these bodies were Wendy and the relatives?
The first news articles were saying things like the bodies were "most likely" belonging to the missing family.

The later news articles I've been reading mention Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa by name and say things like "their skeletal remains have been located".

I thought the police press conference where they displayed the crime scene photo actually confirmed that the victims shown were Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa. I'd have to go back through the articles to see if that's accurate, tho.

So right now, without going back and reading all the news articles, I don't recall if the police actually officially confirmed it but I believe it's them. The ages of the victims are right. All of the clothing found, right down to jewelry, shoes, and bags, is what all three victims were wearing at the time of their disappearance and Wendy's sister and her widower (Lisa's brother and Cynthia's step father) have gone public stating that the bodies are their loved ones.

----

EDIT - Here it is:http://www.news9.com/story/22136382/sources-bodies says authorities have confirmed remains thought to be the victims were found in Pawnee County.
According to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, the case is no longer cold and is being treated as a triple-homicide.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #228
johnnyangel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
The first news articles were saying things like the bodies were "most likely" belonging to the missing family.

The later news articles I've been reading mention Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa by name and say things like "their skeletal remains have been located".

I thought the police press conference where they displayed the crime scene photo actually confirmed that the victims shown were Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa. I'd have to go back through the articles to see if that's accurate, tho.

So right now, without going back and reading all the news articles, I don't recall if the police actually officially confirmed it but I believe it's them. The ages of the victims are right. All of the clothing found, right down to jewelry, shoes, and bags, is what all three victims were wearing at the time of their disappearance and Wendy's sister and her widower (Lisa's brother and Cynthia's step father) have gone public stating that the bodies are their loved ones.

----

EDIT - Here it is:http://www.news9.com/story/22136382/sources-bodies says authorities have confirmed remains thought to be the victims were found in Pawnee County.
According to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, the case is no longer cold and is being treated as a triple-homicide.
Thanks. Wasn't her ex-husband a suspect, too?
johnnyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #229
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyangel
Thanks. Wasn't her ex-husband a suspect, too?
I think they did consider him to be a suspect. IIRC, there's some discussion on the subject either here or at websleuths.

If the police/OSBI really did consider him as a serious suspect (rather than just doing the usual thing of eliminating the people closest to the victims first), then it sure looks bad for them now, since it's been revealed that the officials knew all along that Wendy's former in laws were involved in a lot of serious crimes, including a violent murder, before the family ever went missing. Why in the world would they focus on Wendy's husband, who was a normal guy with a good job, when a whole family full of known criminals who had been causing a lot of problems for Wendy should have always been at the top of their list of suspects.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #230
tamanshud
Frequent Poster

Thought we would have more answers by now. Thinking of Wendy's family.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #231
bdog147
Occasional Poster

I hope the Noe's go to jail for this. I guess Chad wasn't lying during that drunken stupor.
bdog147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #232
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog147
I hope the Noe's go to jail for this. I guess Chad wasn't lying during that drunken stupor.
Except for the part about them never being found. He's a moron.
Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #233
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamanshud
Thought we would have more answers by now. Thinking of Wendy's family.
I visited the Websleuths thread yesterday and there were no updates on the investigation there either. I didn't find any new news articles when I was looking for updates a few days ago.

Hope this just means the authorities are getting ALL their ducks in a row so there's solid evidence for this to go to trial.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #234
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Hadn't logged on here in months before today. Imagine my surprise.

I am afraid that bringing charges is going to be harder than one might be inclined to assume. Sure, it's a stunning coincidence that the three women were found in a ditch on a property once owned by Ida Pruitt, and Grover Pruitt's story about being asked to dig the whole a week before the three disappeared, and then to fill it in a few days after, is certainly suggestive, but...

Let's say Chad was not directly involved in the murders; rather, that his role was to lure Wendy to Shamrock, and beyond that he was simply told, when asked about Wendy's disappearance, that she wouldn't be a problem for him anymore. If he didn't participate in the actual killings... or at least continues to claim he didn't... and the three women were actually shot by Ida and Beverly, and then dumped into the pre-made hole... and Ida is dead...

There's no witness. It will be Beverly's claim that she let the three off at the Wal-Mart versus the authorities' ability to prove that that didn't happen. Circumstances suggest it, but, for just one example, Beverly could claim she let them off at the Wal-Mart, and that Chad must have followed her, unbeknownst to her, and taken the women from the parking lot, then taken them to his grandmother's property and buried them. Chad can deny that, and how could you ever prove which one is telling the truth?

Unless they really did find a gun or some other piece of physical evidence that can be directly tied to Beverly Noe, I wouldn't be surprised if she was never charged.

Although, if I were a prosecutor, I might go ahead and charge her anyway; if I can put on a prima facie case, a jury might convict on less than "beyond a reasonable doubt" type evidence (though you run the risk of the judge vacating the verdict in that case).
Old 06-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #235
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
Although, if I were a prosecutor, I might go ahead and charge her anyway; if I can put on a prima facie case, a jury might convict on less than "beyond a reasonable doubt" type evidence (though you run the risk of the judge vacating the verdict in that case).
There's plenty of circumstantial evidence against Beverly with the abscence of a gun. The brother could testify about the large hole being dug shortly before the women disappeared, and how Ida and Beverly requested it be dug. Ida owned the property where the women were found. Beverly was the last person confirmed with the three missing women before they died. There's no logical explanation that could let her drop the three off at the Wal-Mart, to where they wind up dead and buried on her mother's property.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #236
Steve W.
Forum Regular

It's believed that a knife and part of a revolver were buried with the bodies, so I think that would provide enough physical evidence to prosecute as long as they can match the DNA found on the weapons.
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #237
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Certainly, if either the gun or the knife can be tied directly to Beverly Noe or Chad Noe, there will be an arrest. I'd be a little surprised if there were DNA from being handled left on either after 20 years of being buried, however, and tracing a 20 year old gun purchase I am sure presents quite a challenge.

Understand, I think a jury would vote to convict based on what they have. I just wonder if a judge would allow it to get past a preliminary hearing if all they have are bodies and nothing specific to tie either Beverly or Chad to the murders themselves.
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #238
ranion
Occasional Poster

People have certainly been convicted for less. It would be up to a jury to decide if the evidence is sufficient. Let's hope they go to trial
ranion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #239
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Well, it does seem that they'd have a pretty solid circumstantial case and sometimes when all the circumstances add up, the defendant is found guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

But I mean, they've got Chad right there on TV saying he probably bragged about killing them while he was in one of his drunken stupors. Oh boy!

Then there's Beverly's brother Grover, or whatever his name is, being wired up by police and repeatedly sabotaging the recording device to keep people's incriminating words from being recorded, pulling the wires out of his clothes so they'd see that he was wearing a wire, and a bunch of other stupid stunts.

I don't see how any thinking person couldn't figure out that the Noes are responsible, but then we seem to have had a rash of stupid juries in a few big cases recently, so ya never know....
Old 06-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #240
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
If those are the murder weapons (a revolver, knife, along with rope and tape), then they should still be able to find finger prints and make DNA matches, correct?
Like other people have said, the perp's DNA on the weapons (if there is any) might be too degraded, but some of that duct tape looked like it was still in pretty good condition. I wonder if they could get some finger prints off that. Seems like there have been a few cases where the bad guy's finger prints are still well preserved on the sticky side of the duct tape. That might be hard for the killers to explain away.