Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #136
cuba_libre
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to cuba_libre
Exclamation lolly

The bandit who had a sweet tooth and sucked on lollipops in the car and another thief who had a side-to-side gait when running....
cuba_libre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:13 AM   #137
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinD80
One case was when a guys was charged with poisoning his wife to death and then escaping from the mental hospital he was held in. They found him in Dublin after the Irish cops had asked for the guys fingerprints due to 'standard procedure' (the guy had called the police to report a robbery).

Can't believe it was that simple. Too funny.
On the subject of weird solves, the other day a stolen car was recovered with an unusually well-fed mosquito in it. They took blood from the mosquito (no mention of whether this harmed the poor lil mite) and tested the DNA which matched a guy who's been in trouble with the law before!
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:15 AM   #138
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

The UFO case from the 1960s which took place in Pennsylvania in December and had kids riding bikes in their t-shirts! That may have been filmed in Pennsylvania, but not during any December any part of that state has seen!
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #139
bryndis
eeek
Frequent Poster

Funny/Strange quotes

(women who got lost in the Seirra mountains)
"All I could then picture was a glass of cold water and a bath tub."
(made me laugh)

and then..
"He looked at me like he was going to enjoy a large steak" interesting quote for someone about to be shot.

Greg Webb Police officer segment:
The woman in the bar comes up to an elderly man and says,"Gee___ you're gettin' better lookin every day!"

I recently purchased the Ghost DVD series, and my brother and Dad were laughing SO hard at the reenactment of the woman being electrocuted on her bed during the "frieghtened Family" segment.
bryndis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #140
justins5256

I don't think this has been mentioned but...

When the John Hawkins/Dr. Boggs segment was shown on Lifetime, they included an update about Dr. Boggs being arrested, convicted and sentenced.

The original segment ended with video of Boggs saying something like "I am totally innocent of any wrongdoing, I didn't flee like the others did, I've been here all the time..."

Suddenly, Stack interjects "NONETHELESS...Boggs was convicted and sentenced to life for...."

It was just funny the way they cut it. Really made Boggs and his claims of innocence look ridiculous.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #141
browneyes106

I laughed when Spike aired the segment on the transgendered woman who did the car scam.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #142
MegtheEgg86

In the Gander plane crash segment (where over 200 members of the 101st Airborne Division were killed; allegedly a conspiracy), I always crack up in the re-enactment when that guy walks up to one of the firefighters working the aftermath and asks, "What's goin' ahn, eh?" in this nonchalant, golly-gee way. Most shameless Canadian stereotyping ever. I wonder if the original script had the firefighter turn to him and go, "What's it look like, hoser?!"

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #143
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Meg, I wonder if they scouted that guy later for a role in Fargo, eh?
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #144
MegtheEgg86

Can't you just see it now? Someone should've sent the Coen brothers a tape of the uncut re-enactment, where the RCMP take him aside and he cries out, "I'm cooperatin' here, ya know!"
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #145
JimmyHendricks
Frequent Poster

The Dr. Boggs "Nonetheless" Update always makes me laugh, too.

I can think of three, being so disgusted with Spike TV's watered down UM, I've returned to my CrystalDawn discs.

1: The bank robber who wore a Ronald Reagan mask. I can't remember his name. First of all, it was hilarious because they kept mentioning over and over that he wore a RONALD REAGAN MASK, as if Ronnie himself was committing the crime or something. But the best part was after one robbery, in the reenactment, he held up a bag and said, "Now, this is a BOMB!! Nobody move, and it won't go off!" before running out the door. I burst out laughing each time I see that, because he himself was moving when he talked about the "bomb". Then RS says, "The bomb was a phony". Wow, ya think?

2: The Brad Bishop segment, guy who murdered his whole family. A few years after the crime, a former co-worker sees him in a restroom in Sorrento, Italy. Bishop takes off running, and there's one moment where there's a shot of him running down a corridor, and taking a quick left turn and disappearing. Right when he takes that turn, he lets out this whimper that cracks me up every time. This disheveled guy with long hair and a bushy beard scurrying down a walkway, and the whimper sealed it.

3: The Dennis DePue update, where he hurriedly packs his things and had his girlfriend make sandwiches for him while watching his own UM case on TV. What makes this otherwise horrific segment hilarious is how the actor (who I think was the same in the update as in the full segment) had this obvious fake mustache on. I don't know if DePue himself had such a mustache, but it was like the producers wanted to "disguise" DePue since he was on the run. It has to be the most obvious fake I ever saw on the show. I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode about the Monorail, where Mr. Burns puts on a equally fake mustache and goes to the town meeting as "Mr. Snrub" to try and get money for the Nuclear Plant. Anyhoo, It just wasn't convincing.

Last edited by JimmyHendricks; 03-17-2009 at 04:16 PM.
JimmyHendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #146
MissFit29
Forum Regular

With the Kenneth Engie case, the Stack is setting the scene for the possibility of the accidental death, and adds the disclaimer "unless alcohol had completely impaired his judgment." Just his inflection made me snicker.

In the Cheryl Holland case, the uncle or whoever talks about Eddie Wooten, saying, "First of all, Eddie ain't got that much education." A MUCH nicer way of saying he's a dumbass.

The opening of the Audrey Moate case, where the little boy and his dad are walking by the car, and the boy goes, "What are they DOING Daddy?" To which the dad replies "Never you mind!"

I too love the Wheeler/Bean face-off.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #147
MissFit29
Forum Regular

And, of course, I still laugh at the dorky grocery clerks in the Kevin Poulsen update.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #148
synthisislab
Forum Regular

From the Mabel Woods case, the caretaker guy was pretty funny. He had like 2 teeth and was obviously from the backwoods. I always laugh when he exclaims, "What tha hale!?" when he sees the dog kennel on fire, although that case was very sad and heartbreaking. Just the way he says it is funny to me though.
synthisislab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #149
WishfulDreamer

Sorry guys, I just had to bump this thread up. It's too funny!

1. The pedophile who was hiding in the woods and some guys calls out "Hey, how you doing?" And then he just shoots at him (only funny because the guy didn't get hit, of course)
2. Same case: He may look like anyone of these composites: and they all look ridiculous! I swear one looked like a disco man and the another one looked like a hillbilly.
3.Does anyone find it amusing when RS says "Do not approach him- he is armed and extremely dangerous"- who would be silly enough to try to apprehend a dangerous convict on their own?
4. I mention this in another thread, but the Bad Chief who lies when being interrogated.
"Were you and she intimately involved?"
"No-oo" (laughs slightly and looks away as the music switches dramatically)
5. I forget the case, but there is a trial hearing and one man in the crowd randomly has his legs split so far apart that he looks like he's trying to do the splits sitting down!
6. The Convict Donna Brown falls in love with when she gives him new shoes "WOW! THESE ARE GREAT!" I can't help but crack up everytime.
7. This one might be immature of me, but when RS mentions that Karen Sepalonis got banned from seeing her husband because they had sex and then it shows their pictures side by side. He looks so undesirable and bizarre that I couldn't help but snicker at that.
8. Not a funny case at all, but the man who marries a rancher's daughter and then she leaves him soon afterwards and comes back yelling and ranting with the worst acting "I love ya Callie!"
9. The fat kidnapper who had to write a checklist for himself.
10. Whenever the topless dance scene is reused, the look on the men's faces in the audience is priceless.

Last edited by WishfulDreamer; 06-05-2009 at 04:30 PM.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #150
Zlatko
Forum Regular

1-I thought the Kurt McFall segment was funny because of the people Kurt hung out with. I mean, come on, what kind of people dress up in medieval costumes, and have fake sword fights in parking lots? One of the members even praised Kurt's sword fighting ability. I just found it hilarious for some reason.

2-Satanic grandma also deserves a mention. The part where she shows her grandson images of satanism cracked me up for some reason. That grandma is unintentionally amusing.
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote