Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #61
supersally1974
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky Kneivel
YES!!!

The friend interviewed was so precious and special! No existing English word can succinctly describe the sheer overwhelming perfectionism that IS that woman. Alas, I am forced to make one up: SPRECIOUS (Spreh-shiss)!! I especially loved the way she'd follow up one of her vacant stares with a confused look, and then follow that up with a perplexed and bewildered expression. It didn't not make her seem un-smart. I'd bet even money that between each take she played with a ball of yarn and a scratching post. I wonder if Awsi would take that bet.

I've studed that segment and have come to the conclusion that the friend:

A) Had smoked an 1/8 of high quality greens all by herself immediately before the interview
B) Followed the weed with Thorazine
C) Was confused and hypnotically transfixed by the shiny metal rings on the cameraman's fingers
D) Had been kicked in the head by a horse (or horseS)
E) Listens to and supports Ann Coulter
Miaow. Kitten's got claws. Miaoooorrr .. Hissss!
On January 10, 2008, Maila Nurmi, better known as the legendary 1950’s Los Angeles B-movie horror hostess “Vampira”, passed away in her sleep at the age of 86. Said to be the inspiration for the Morticia Addams character in “The Addams Family”, Vampira was the original “glamour ghoul” and the iconic star of Ed Wood’s “Plan 9 from Outer Space”.
supersally1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:32 AM   #62
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Did they even bother to ask any other neighbors if they heard screams, or simply jump straight to the assumption she just crawled off and died?
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #63
Shakou
Frequent Poster

Considering she was an exotic dancer and being in LA where violence and crime is out the roof to begin with, she was probably followed home by some freak show who ended up breaking into her apartment and either strangled her or suffocated her. They were so sketchy on the details of how they found her. They never mentioned if they found any sign of forced entry (and if they did, I missed it).

How that couple got past NOT calling the police after hearing those screams is beyond me. As far as them reacting the way anyone else in that situation would react, I think that's a load of crap. A few years ago, something similar happened to my boyfriend and I in an old apartment building we use to live in. We woke up to someone screaming bloody murder either outside or in the apartment next to us at about 2:30 AM, and my very first reaction once I realized what we were hearing was to call the police. Nothing was ever found of it, I'm pretty sure it was just some college students screwing around, but just waking up to the sounds of that is absolutely bone chilling. I don't understand how they could just roll over and go back to sleep after hearing something like that.
Shakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:29 AM   #64
Zlatko
Forum Regular

Funny how the husband didn't want to get involved by calling the police, but he didn't seem to mind going on Unsolved Mysteries. I always found that rather suspicious...
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #65
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko
Funny how the husband didn't want to get involved by calling the police, but he didn't seem to mind going on Unsolved Mysteries. I always found that rather suspicious...
Going on UM will get you some attention and noticed. Why else would a man have gone on national television with the name "Jet"?

I think the hubby and the wife were doing stuff that was not the most legal. I can't think of another explanation other than they're retarded. Also, this was an effort to assuage their conscience about letting a woman get murdered and not doing anything about it. JMHO. Okay, getting off of the soapbox now.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #66
DF Justin
Frequent Poster

Of course we can only speculate, but my feeling is that Anton was not involved...I do know for certain that "Jet" is a coward.

What a shame. The only chance this case has of being solved is if the murderer (and I do think Crystal was murdered) or someone the murderer has confided in comes forward. It's certainly not impossible, but not likely.
DF Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #67
DF Justin
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko

You know people...they will do anything for attention and to make themselves feel important, even if they come off as a jackass.
DF Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #68
unmy91
Occasional Poster

i think it's possible she may have had a convulsion. when someone has a seizure they may scream and choke on their own vomit or saliva. i guess she was trying to call for help and she started shaking and the phone got tangled around her body. people get seizures from drugs, epilepsy, too much heat, etc....um i still dont know about the half naked part. oh and i still dont know how they got the autopsy wrong. the autopsy said she was 5'7 and 140 pounds. her bf said she was barely 5 feet and only 105 pounds....
unmy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:16 PM   #69
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmy91
i think it's possible she may have had a convulsion. when someone has a seizure they may scream and choke on their own vomit or saliva. i guess she was trying to call for help and she started shaking and the phone got tangled around her body. people get seizures from drugs, epilepsy, too much heat, etc....um i still dont know about the half naked part. oh and i still dont know how they got the autopsy wrong. the autopsy said she was 5'7 and 140 pounds. her bf said she was barely 5 feet and only 105 pounds....
I must say that is a very good theory and a scenario I hadn't thought of before. They did say she hadn't been feeling well shortly before her death.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #70
unmy91
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
I must say that is a very good theory and a scenario I hadn't thought of before. They did say she hadn't been feeling well shortly before her death.

right! and if someone has a seizure for more than an hour they can die. i guess she was half naked because it was hot in her apartment they said and...well...it's her house! her freedom.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #71
unmy91
Occasional Poster

i just read the articles posted about crystal spencer and there was another witness. the other neighbor said the sounds started in the day and got worse at night. he said it sounded like she was violently ill. so he actually could've called the police too...that makes three morons. i really dont think she was murdered now after reading those articles. if she was, i think it would have to do with her friend who was murdered 10 months before.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:58 PM   #72
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

She was indirectly murdered by the morons who didn't call for help when they heard sounds of distress.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #73
Mastermind

Getting the information on there being multiple times that people have heard screams:

1. Considering she was an actress, i wonder if the screams were part of here practicing a script? Perhaps a horror movie part?

2. What prolonged sickness has you screaming in terror? Why did she not tell her boyfriend that her illness was severe? The only illness i can think of would be something stomach or abdomen related? Poison? Overdose? Product Tampering or defective medicine? Botched plastic surgery? Weight loss drugs? Binging and Purging?

3. I still tend to consider the thought that she was involved in S&M sex acts and may have been killed by accident. If she was doing tricks on the side. Maybe she found the wrong client

I think the screams are being blown out of porportion, i think more info needs to be found about here life as stripper and what happened in the house a
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #74
wiseguy182

As with the 'Rob Schafer did it' angle, I think we're reading too much into this one.

people typically don't scream when they're in pain unless someone else is causing it. they'll moan and groan, but not scream. Screaming expends energy, and most people in pain try to conserve energy.

the screaming heard on the UM segment (if portyrayed accurately) was the bloodcurdling type. this is the loudest and most horrifying sounding. This is not an audition for a role scream or a "I saw a mouse scream", it's a "my life is danger scream"

When you combine certain elements (her line of work, city in which she lived, how she was found), I would say the facts point heavily towards murder.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #75
unmy91
Occasional Poster

but even though her body was badly decomposed, they still should've been able to find signs of foul play. and who gets a cold in may? it had to have been something more serious.