Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Dramas/Dramedies > The Rookie

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Exclamation Afton Williamson Leaves "The Rookie" over Sexual Harassment/Bullying on Set

"The Rookie's" Afton Williamson is not Returning for Season 2
by Matt Webb Mitovich
July 26, 2019

Sources tell TVLine exclusively that in one of the biggest casting surprises of the upcoming fall TV season, Afton Williamson will not be returning to ABC’s "The Rookie", where she played the title character’s TO, Talia Bishop.

TVLine hears that the parting of ways is “amicable.” Both ABC and production studio eOne declined to comment on Williamson’s status.

https://tvline.com/2019/07/26/the-ro...eaving-bishop/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 08-06-2019 at 01:24 AM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:55 PM   #2
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Afton Williamson Claims She Quit ABC Series "The Rookie" over Racism & Sexual Misconduct on Set
by Nellie Andreeva
August 4, 2019

"The Rookie" series regular Afton Williamson, who played John Nolan’s (Nathan Fillion) training officer Talia Bishop, will not be returning for Season 2.

In an Instagram post published early Sunday, Williamson alleges that she quit the ABC series because of systematic racism/racially charged comments, bullying, and sexual harassment, which remained largely ignored by the producers of the show until the sexual harassment by the head of the hair department escalated to sexual assault at the wrap party and the person was fired.

She claims that she had reported inappropriate behavior by the hair department and a recurring guest star to executive producer/showrunner Alexi Hawley but her claims were not investigated, and the recurring guest star was allowed to continue, leading to her decision to leave the show.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0vCRlxl...ource=ig_embed

https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-roo...et-1202660733/
Old 08-05-2019, 12:21 AM   #3
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"The Rookie" Producer eOne Investigating Co-Star Afton Williamson’s Allegations of Racism & Sexual Misconduct
by Nellie Andreeva
August 4, 2019

More than 12 hours after former "The Rookie" co star Afton Williamson posted a bombshell statement on Instagram that she had walked away from the show after being sexually harassed and racially discriminated against, the studios behind the ABC cop dramedy, Entertainment One and ABC Studios, on Sunday afternoon issued separate statements.

We take claims of this nature very seriously,” said a spokesperson for lead studio eOne, which handles production and any related issues. “We have initiated an independent investigation which is ongoing and as such, it would not be appropriate to comment at this time.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-roo...ct-1202661122/
Old 08-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #4
TMC
Forum Celebrity

The Rookie's studio says it already has an ongoing investigation into Afton Williamson's racism and sexual misconduct allegations

“We take claims of this nature very seriously,” said a spokesperson for studio eOne, in response to Williamson's Instagram post detailing allegations of racism and sexual harassment that she said were not taken seriously. “We have initiated an independent investigation which is ongoing and as such, it would not be appropriate to comment at this time.” ABC Studios also released a statement, saying that eOne in late June “made us aware and informed us that they launched an investigation that is ongoing. ABC Studios added: “The safety of working environments is a top priority for us, and we take this matter very seriously.”

http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2019/AUGUST.html

41. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 08/04 **#4**
Afton Williamson Blind Item: Who is the recurring guest star? "I will not be returning for Season 2 of The Rookie. I owe it to you my amazing fans to share the Truth. Throughout the filming of the pilot, I experienced Racial Discrimination/Racially Charged inappropriate comments from the hair department and bullying from Executive Producers. During the Season, it continued along with Sexual Harassment from a recurring guest star and the racist commentary & bullying from the Hair Dept Head escalated into Sexual Assault at our Wrap party. The Sexual Harassment though reported directly to the Showrunner/EP remained undocumented and was not reported to HR as promised." "The Hair Dept. Head was fired ONLY after the sexual assault and NOT for an entire year of outward racism/racially charged language and bullying behavior in and out of the Hair and Makeup trailer. HR protocol was never adhered to following the above reports given by me to my Showrunner/EP and an investigation was never issued for any of my claims." "The only time I was asked to participate in an investigation was after a meeting I called in June following our Season 2 announcement. This meeting included the Showrunner and two other producers as well as my agent and SAG-AFTRA Union Rep. It was clear to all present in the meeting that the Showrunner had not shared my reports with the any of the producers. After my initial report of sexual harassment, I was assured that the actor would be fired. I was also asked to film with him the very next day as a courtesy to the script, even though we had not begun filming the episode yet. This actor reappeared on our call sheet at the end of the season, I was even written in scenes with him." "I asked the Showrunner about this and he admitted to me that the actor had not been fired nor had he gotten HR involved. I was asked to return this season, and promised that ‘everything was handled.’ The investigation hadn’t even begun and Season 2 had already started filming." (‘The Rookie’ Star Afton Williamson Claims Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Assault Led to Series Exit) (Hair Dept. Head: Sallie Ciganovich) (Executive Producers: Alexi Hawley, Nathan Fillion, Mark Gordon, Nicholas Pepper, Michelle Chapman, Jon Steinberg, Liz Friedlander, Bill Norcross/Showrunner: Alexi Hawley)

Last edited by TMC; 08-05-2019 at 10:19 PM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:22 AM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Afton Williamson Names Actor She Alleges Sexually Harassed Her
by Anita Bennett
August 5, 2019

Afton Williamson is offering more details on her exit from ABC cop drama "The Rookie".

In a Monday evening Instagram post, the actress thanked her fans and friends for their support, and she reiterated her claim that she quit the series because of “sexual harassment” and “racial discrimination.” In this latest post Williamson also named the two people she accuses of harassment and discrimination.

She says she was sexually harassed by co-star Demetrius Grosse, who played detective Kevin Wolfe on the series, and also “racially bullied and discriminated against and sexually assaulted” by hair department head Sally Nicole Ciganovich.

Deadline has not independently verified Williamson’s claims.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0zUPdrFxaq/

https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-roo...on-1202662191/
Old 08-10-2019, 02:33 AM   #6
TMC
Forum Celebrity

How The Rookie plans to write off Afton Williamson's character

Williamson, who portrayed the training officer of Nathan Fillion's title character, rookie Officer John Nolan, quit the ABC drama amid allegations of sexual and racial misconduct. According to showrunner Alexi Hawley, Williamson's character transfers to a federal agency in what he calls an "organic" exit. He adds that the title character suddenly losing his original TO “gives us an opportunity to throw other obstacles in Nolan’s way.”
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #7
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Afton Williamson’s Sexual Misconduct & Racism Allegations Rejected by "The Rookie" Producer eOne
by Dominic Patten
Sept. 17, 2019

Less than six weeks after Afton Williamson revealed on social media that she left ABC’s "The Rookie" over sexual harassment and racial discrimination incidents, producer eOne today released the results of its investigation to what happened on the Nathan Fillion-starring LAPD drama.

As a result of the independent investigation, we have concluded that those identified in Ms. Williamson’s allegations did not conduct themselves in an unlawful manner or demonstrate behavior inappropriate for the workplace,” said eOne in a statement Tuesday.

It was also concluded that the executive producers, including showrunner Alexi Hawley, addressed matters of which they were made aware promptly and in a fair and reasonable manner,” the studio added.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/afton-w...ne-1202737172/
Old 09-18-2019, 01:27 PM   #8
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Afton Williamson Responds to "The Rookie" Probe: “We’ve Got to do Better as an Industry
by Anita Bennett
September 17, 2019

Afton Williamson has responded to the independent investigation that found no wrongdoing regarding her claims of racial discrimination and sexual harassment on the set ABC series "The Rookie".

What saddens me the most is that the lengths that were taken to Deceive, Lie, and Cover Up the Truth, were far greater than those made to Protect and Maintain a Safe Working Environment for Employees,” the actress wrote in a lengthy Instagram post Tuesday night.

It’s Heartbreaking for everyone on that set; Past and Present. And for every Actor out there who Stands in the Face Of Harassment and Discrimination, Assault and Injustice. As a Black Woman, an Artist, an Actor, in 2019,” she wrote.

We’ve got to Do Better as an Industry. It’s just Talk until you actually Do Something.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/afton-w...be-1202737691/
Old 09-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #9
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Don't know who's telling the truth but there is a lot of lying in Hollyweird.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:07 AM   #10
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"The Rookie" Guest Star Accused of Misconduct by Afton Williamson Reacts to being “Exonerated” by eOne Probe
by Dominic Patten
September 20, 2019

The actor accused of sexual misconduct by former "The Rookie" star Afton Williamson has spoken out personally three days after being cleared in an investigation by producers eOne.

"Westworld" alum Demetrius Grosse took to social media tonight in his first direct public statement since being implicated with harassment by Williamson on August 5, who quit the Nathan Fillion starring show the day before too.

He released a statement on Twitter, "As you can imagine, it's been a very challenging time. I am grateful to my family, friends and colleagues who have been so supportive. I will continue to be an assertive advocate for the respect, acknowledgement and advancement for women both in-and-out of the workplace. Blessings."

On September 18, an attorney for Grosse sent out a statement representing the actor’s reaction to the eOne probe.

"Demetrius Grosse was wrongfully accused and has been exonerated of the alleged misconduct regarding his work on The Rookie. After a lengthy and thorough investigation, independent counsel concluded, unequivocally, that the allegations leveled against him where completely meritless. My client was libeled all over the media before any of the claims could even be verified.

No one should publish serious allegations like these in such a reckless manner. Demetrius lost multiple jobs as a result of being falsely accused. We’re glad that the investigation has been completed and are grateful to eOne for its unwavering support. Onward.
"

https://deadline.com/2019/09/the-roo...bc-1202740337/