Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Kevin Can F*** Himself and Pen15 Cancelled; The Waltons' Homecoming Brings Ratings High to The CW
Fri-Yay: Itís Always Sunny Returns, Bold and Funny as Ever; Jon Stewart Joins Live in Front of a Studio Audience for The Facts of Life; Remembering Eddie Mekka of Laverne & Shirley
Rewind TV January 2022 Schedule Includes Drew Carey, NewsRadio; HBO's Somebody Somewhere Premieres Jan. 16
Live in Front of a Studio Audience Announces Cast of The Facts of Life; Disney Television Orders Marsai Martin Produced Comedy
Antenna TV January 2022 Schedule and Q1 2022 Stunts; Chucky Gets 2nd Season on Syfy & USA
Who's the Boss? Now on GAC Family; black-ish Farewell Season Starts Jan. 4
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 29, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-December)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #121
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityofEvil
Well I havent been on here obviously in 2 years.. lol..I was having problems trying to log in with my original screenname DRAGONFLY333221 so I created a new one... and first off I am a girl ...
but nobody has ever been charged in Eric's murder... According to my cousin who was one of Eric's best friends.. They have another suspect and they have had him for a few years now.. but obviously they dont have any evidence thanks to our moronic sheriff.. So sadly this case will probably be remained unsolved.. I still believe it was Dixon based on the way he ran his mouth at Eric's funeral.. I have it on tape somewhere... but yeah who knows.. Hopefully someday they can solve it so it can help all of us who knew Eric justice.. I knew him since I was a baby so it aggravates me that they never talk about it or try to do anything to solve it anymore..

ILSE

Neither my cousin nor his other friends had ever heard of Don until after Eric was murdered... and my cousin talked to Eric at least once or twice a week.. Don didnt hang out with any of them.. and according to Don at Eric's funeral.. He did Landscaping for Eric so that is how he got a key.. but see the alarm never went off... and I knew Eric... he would never have left it off.. and Don was the only one who knew the code besides Eric.. he said so himself.. I personally think they should have got a search warrant for his house... but yeah the cops in Hood River blow... My friends mom has been missing for 3 years and they still havent done jack**** in her case either
You taped Eric's funeral?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #122
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityofEvil
There is another guy they have had as a suspect for the past few years but they can't prove anything..
This is the second time this poster made reference to the idea of another suspect, one presumably not profiled on UM. Who is this person? What was his/her relationship to Eric Tamiyasu? Why is s/he a suspect?
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #123
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
This is the second time this poster made reference to the idea of another suspect, one presumably not profiled on UM. Who is this person? What was his/her relationship to Eric Tamiyasu? Why is s/he a suspect?
I dont know if its the case with this person, but I believe Don Dixon is on here under another name. That post above that rambles on about Taco Bell lnches and how close Eric and Don were just seems to be something that he wrote.

Also, has it ever been discussed as to how close Don and Eric really were? The other Eric claims that Don was just an acquantance of Eric but Don claims that they were real good friends. Has Eric's family ever touched on this? Also, Dixon claims that the reason he went to Eric's house (when he found the body) is because hew received phone calls from several of Eric's "friends". Have these "friends" been identified?
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #124
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
I find something else a little odd about this. We all seem to agree that at the very least, Don Dixon isn't very genuine and may even be putting himself into the story more than he actually was (i.e. Eric's closest friend and confidant, Taco Bell lunches, etc..). So if Don Dixon wasn't the killer and had nothing to do with the murder, why is he involving himself and pointing the finger at almost everyone when he shouldn't even be that involved to begin with? What I wouldn't give to find out who these "friends of Eric's" are that supposedly called Don asking about Eric, which in turn, made Don go to Eric's house and find his body.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #125
Hambone2421

Was it ever determined if Eric was killed while he was asleep? I know he was found dead on the bed but did they determine whether or not he was asleep or if he was even killed in his bedroom?
Old 02-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #126
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

If there is a case that smells something awful it is this one, and it has always been the case with this one. Sheriff Wampler was either in on it or wanted to cover up. There is no way a competent person such as a police chief would burn potential evidence by accident. I have always thought he was at the very least afraid of finding his wife's DNA on that bed. So that is the LEAST I think he is guilty of. The most I think is him and Dixon being involved in the murder and teaming up to cover it up brilliantly.

I think we can all agree that Eric's date for the evening is being honest. There is no reason for her to lie about anything and if anything her telling what she knows would only piss off the wrong person. So she took a gamble coming forward.
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #127
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
If there is a case that smells something awful it is this one, and it has always been the case with this one. Sheriff Wampler was either in on it or wanted to cover up. There is no way a competent person such as a police chief would burn potential evidence by accident. I have always thought he was at the very least afraid of finding his wife's DNA on that bed. So that is the LEAST I think he is guilty of. The most I think is him and Dixon being involved in the murder and teaming up to cover it up brilliantly.

I think we can all agree that Eric's date for the evening is being honest. There is no reason for her to lie about anything and if anything her telling what she knows would only piss off the wrong person. So she took a gamble coming forward.
You and I see eye to eye on this one. I personally believe Don Dixon murdered Eric. I have no idea why. Several scenarios have been thrown out there before. But then I also think that Wampler burned the bed to get rid of any and all DNA of his wife that may be in that bed. Think about it, if her DNA is found in the bed, he immediately becomes a suspect, regardless of if he did it.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #128
egswanso
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
Was it ever determined if Eric was killed while he was asleep? I know he was found dead on the bed but did they determine whether or not he was asleep or if he was even killed in his bedroom?
I don't think there would be any way to determine if someone died in their sleep, directly. Had the bed not been destroyed, there would have been forensic evidence contained thereon re: blood patterns, bullet holes, etc., that could have proven Tamiyasu was killed there (or not).

I'm torn on this one. Don Dixon actions were odd, he was odd, and his actions and the potential discrepancies in his story make him suspicious, but there's was no actual evidence linking him to the murder. He's certainly a suspect, but I think declarations of his guilt are premature, at best.

The Sheriff burning the bed was an inexcusable procedural mistake. There was nothing more to suggest nefarious motives, however. The Sheriff turned over the investigation to the State and the "rumors" re: his wife are only that, unsubstantiated rumors from a dubious source (Dixon).

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if the killing turned out to be unrelated at all to any of the theories presented in the segment.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #129
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by egswanso
I don't think there would be any way to determine if someone died in their sleep, directly. Had the bed not been destroyed, there would have been forensic evidence contained thereon re: blood patterns, bullet holes, etc., that could have proven Tamiyasu was killed there (or not).

I'm torn on this one. Don Dixon actions were odd, he was odd, and his actions and the potential discrepancies in his story make him suspicious, but there's was no actual evidence linking him to the murder. He's certainly a suspect, but I think declarations of his guilt are premature, at best.

The Sheriff burning the bed was an inexcusable procedural mistake. There was nothing more to suggest nefarious motives, however. The Sheriff turned over the investigation to the State and the "rumors" re: his wife are only that, unsubstantiated rumors from a dubious source (Dixon).

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if the killing turned out to be unrelated at all to any of the theories presented in the segment.
If its not Dixon or Wampler, the only other thing I can think of is that maybe it was a crazy ex boyfriend of the woman Eric was with that night. Perhaps after she left, he broke into the house and killed Eric. The problems with that are that there was no forced entry and the alarm didn't go off. Also, if your a crazy ex lover, wouldn't you at least go after your former flame? She was interviewed in the UM segment and appears to be doing fine. The reason that I tend to point to Don Dixon is he claims to have had a key to Eric's house. Well since there was no forced entry, maybe Don used the key to get into the house late at night and killed Eric.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #130
egswanso
Frequent Poster

Quote:
If its not Dixon or Wampler, the only other thing I can think of is that maybe it was a crazy ex boyfriend of the woman Eric was with that night. Perhaps after she left, he broke into the house and killed Eric. The problems with that are that there was no forced entry and the alarm didn't go off. Also, if your a crazy ex lover, wouldn't you at least go after your former flame? She was interviewed in the UM segment and appears to be doing fine. The reason that I tend to point to Don Dixon is he claims to have had a key to Eric's house. Well since there was no forced entry, maybe Don used the key to get into the house late at night and killed Eric.
IMO, there just wasn't enough hard evidence presented to confirm or eliminate any of the suspects and not enough to warrant further speculation.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #131
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by egswanso
IMO, there just wasn't enough hard evidence presented to confirm or eliminate any of the suspects and not enough to warrant further speculation.
We can thank Sheriff Wampler for that. You had said earlier that Wam pler had turned over the investigation to the state. How do you know this? I havent heard or read that anywhere.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #132
egswanso
Frequent Poster

Quote:
We can thank Sheriff Wampler for that. You had said earlier that Wam pler had turned over the investigation to the state. How do you know this? I havent heard or read that anywhere.
They said it in the segment, if I recall.

Destroying the bed is, IMO, evidence of one of two possibilities: (1) bad motive (some involving in the murder); or (2) utter stupidity. Neither one inspires much confidence in LE.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #133
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Okay I am going out on a limb with this one. I don't necesarily agree with it but we are brainstorming here. Eric Smith claims barely anyone knew Don Dixon. Dixon claimed to be close to Eric Tamiyasu and claimed to even field some calls from his friends. The cops HAD to have looked into these "friends" to say if Dixon is telling the truth unless Sheriff Wampler covered up for Dixon.

So therefore the only person alive is Dixon that really knows how close he was to Eric. Now Dixon is a married man. But did he have a secret out there about an alternate lifestyle? Could this be why Dixon claims they were so close yet no one would ever see them around each other much. Much of it was done behind...ahem.........closed doors. Maybe Eric had a secret too? Then he starts dating this woman and that irks Dixon to no end and it is a crime of passion.

Stranger things have happened. Perhaps Dixon is telling the truth about having a spare key to Eric's house. If this is true who in their right mind would give a spare key to a guy he buys "spray" from? They could have been closer than people think but it was in private.

I am not trying to smear Eric's name or drag it through the mud either
Old 02-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #134
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
Okay I am going out on a limb with this one. I don't necesarily agree with it but we are brainstorming here. Eric Smith claims barely anyone knew Don Dixon. Dixon claimed to be close to Eric Tamiyasu and claimed to even field some calls from his friends. The cops HAD to have looked into these "friends" to say if Dixon is telling the truth unless Sheriff Wampler covered up for Dixon.

So therefore the only person alive is Dixon that really knows how close he was to Eric. Now Dixon is a married man. But did he have a secret out there about an alternate lifestyle? Could this be why Dixon claims they were so close yet no one would ever see them around each other much. Much of it was done behind...ahem.........closed doors. Maybe Eric had a secret too? Then he starts dating this woman and that irks Dixon to no end and it is a crime of passion.

Stranger things have happened. Perhaps Dixon is telling the truth about having a spare key to Eric's house. If this is true who in their right mind would give a spare key to a guy he buys "spray" from? They could have been closer than people think but it was in private.

I am not trying to smear Eric's name or drag it through the mud either
That has been discussed on here. I think its a very plausible scenario as well. However, the scenario we spoke of had Don Dixon obsessed with Eric yet Eric did not reciprocate it. I theorized that Don had a crush on Eric, Eric did not feel the same way or at least Don got the feeling that he did not feel the same way. The key that he had to Eric's house didn't necessarily have to be given to him. He could have stolen Eric's and made a copy or just simply stolen Eric's. However, if he did give him a key, which we will never know, then Don wasn't just someone he bought spray from.

I don't know if you've looked, Clockwork, but there was post a page or two back that we suspected was either Don Dixon or a friend of Don Dixon. You should check it out.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #135
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Quote:
I don't know if you've looked, Clockwork, but there was post a page or two back that we suspected was either Don Dixon or a friend of Don Dixon. You should check it out.
Yes I did. And I wouldn't put it past that putz Dixon to post on here either. Although if it was Dixon he didn't seem to deny any rumours about him being gay or a murderer.