Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV January 2022 Schedule and Q1 2022 Stunts; Chucky Gets 2nd Season on Syfy & USA
Who's the Boss? Now on GAC Family; black-ish Farewell Season Starts Jan. 4
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 29, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: MacGruber Series Premiere Date Set; Saved by the Bell Pays Tribute to Dustin Diamond
2021 Antenna TV Christmas and New Year's Schedule
2021 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend Include The Jeffersons on Starz Encore Black
First Look at Peacock's Bel-Air; Dollface Returns Feb. 11 on Hulu


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August-November)

Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Deluxe Edition (100 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Standard Edition (50 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/24 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season 2
09/07 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #301
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
Yea he found that. But we also found that there is a Don Dixon int he area who owns a store/shop. Could not verify if it was him though.
What the hell would anyone say if they called him? "So uh I post at this Unsolved Mysteries message board, and uh I heard you killed Eric Tamiyasu and that you enjoy Taco Bell from time to time..."
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #302
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
What the hell would anyone say if they called him? "So uh I post at this Unsolved Mysteries message board, and uh I heard you killed Eric Tamiyasu and that you enjoy Taco Bell from time to time..."
Oh I don't think anyone would actually call. We just looked him yup to see if he was still alive and living in the Hood River area.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #303
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
Oh I don't think anyone would actually call. We just looked him yup to see if he was still alive and living in the Hood River area.
My post was directed more at Charlie99999, who was suggesting somene call Dixon since his number was in the white pages. I didn't mean to quote you're post, but it'd still be funny to imagine what Dixon would say and who else he'd blame.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #304
RobinW
Member
Senior Member
 
RobinW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 1,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
What the hell would anyone say if they called him? "So uh I post at this Unsolved Mysteries message board, and uh I heard you killed Eric Tamiyasu and that you enjoy Taco Bell from time to time..."
What's funny is that I could actually picture Dixon being flattered instead of creeped out that some random UM fan remembered who he was after all these years and decided to call him out of the blue. I'm sure he would relish the attention and repeat his emotional story about finding Eric's body, still pretending they were best buddies while pointing fingers at the other suspects .
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #305
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
What's funny is that I could actually picture Dixon being flattered instead of creeped out that some random UM fan remembered who he was after all these years and decided to call him out of the blue. I'm sure he would relish the attention and repeat his emotional story about finding Eric's body, still pretending they were best buddies while pointing fingers at the other suspects .
I agree. As a matter of fact, he would probably even point the finger at whoever calls him!
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #306
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
Senior Member
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,244
Default

I never understood the reason for anyone wanting him dead. Can anyone tell me what theories there might be?
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #307
RobinW
Member
Senior Member
 
RobinW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 1,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
I never understood the reason for anyone wanting him dead. Can anyone tell me what theories there might be?
Theories that have been presented include:
-Eric was having an affair with Sheriff Wampler's wife
-a dispute over money with Eric Smith
-Diana Anderson's ex-boyfriend was the one tapping on the windows that night and was jealous over her relationship with Eric

The problem, of course, is that all these theories have been presented by Don Dixon and that last theory was posted in this thread by "mssamspade" who may very well be Dixon himself. Most people not named Don Dixon speculate that he was the one responsible and dreamed up all these theories to deflect all the suspicion off himself.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #308
justins5256
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,834
Default

I may be in the minority but I really don't think that Don Dixon committed this crime.

First off, he had no motive. The whole "he wanted to be more than just friends" and similar speculation is just that, and there is no evidence to support it.

Dixon discovered the body which is atypical. In many murder cases, you'll read about how the killer goes out of their way NOT to be the person who finds the body.

I see Dixon as an attention seeker. I think he probably led a normal, working class, boring life and his connection to Tamiyasu's death, however tenuous, is probably the most exciting thing he has ever been party to. I think he injected himself into the case when his connection to Tamiyasu before the murder was likely minor and insignificant - perhaps he was just "a guy Eric bought spray from".

This would explain the fact that Eric's family and friends had no clue who Dixon was, his crazy accusations and his need to go on Unsolved Mysteries and insinuate that every person on the planet was suspect except himself and his wife. Also, assuming he was the killer, you have to ask yourself why he would want to draw that kind of attention and suspicion on himself. It doesn't add up.

I think the behavioral clues and lack of motive rule him out.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #309
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I may be in the minority but I really don't think that Don Dixon committed this crime.

First off, he had no motive. The whole "he wanted to be more than just friends" and similar speculation is just that, and there is no evidence to support it.

Dixon discovered the body which is atypical. In many murder cases, you'll read about how the killer goes out of their way NOT to be the person who finds the body.

I see Dixon as an attention seeker. I think he probably led a normal, working class, boring life and his connection to Tamiyasu's death, however tenuous, is probably the most exciting thing he has ever been party to. I think he injected himself into the case when his connection to Tamiyasu before the murder was likely minor and insignificant - perhaps he was just "a guy Eric bought spray from".

This would explain the fact that Eric's family and friends had no clue who Dixon was, his crazy accusations and his need to go on Unsolved Mysteries and insinuate that every person on the planet was suspect except himself and his wife. Also, assuming he was the killer, you have to ask yourself why he would want to draw that kind of attention and suspicion on himself. It doesn't add up.

I think the behavioral clues and lack of motive rule him out.
Dixon is my number one suspect FOR the reasons you mentioned. I think he did want to be more than friends. I also think he "found" the body because no one else had after a week of being dead and he wanted it to be found and the case to be out there.

Everything Dixon did screamed "attention whore". I believe that he found the body and blathered his lies about suspects for the attention. Hell, he even (allegedly) posted here as mssamspede to blather more nonsense! Not every murder needs a motive. Not saying there was or wasn't one in this case though.

Having said all of that, you may be right. My second strongest theory is that an ex boyfriend of Diana (the woman Eric was dating) was the one tapping on Eric's windows and harassing them that night and later gained entry to Eric's house and killed him in a jealous rage (possibly by tapping on the window, then once Eric opened the door, he jumped him and they fought into the house). However, the problem I have with this theory is that if that is the case and Dixon just so happened upon Eric's lifeless body, then Dixon is telling the truth about their relationship. There was no forced entry and Dixon used a key he had and knew the alarm code. That would mean that Dixon isn't "just someone Eric bought spray from" and actually a close friend since most people don't give a key to their home and the alarm code to mere acquaintances. I just can't buy that. Eric Smith was Tamiyasu's best friend and best man in his wedding and even he said that Dixon lives in a fantasy world and wasn't close with Tamiyasu at all. Judging from the segment and the post by mssamspede, I too believe Dixon lives in a fantasy world.

One question I have for mssamspede is, how do you know that Eric and Diana had sex that night? Eric was allegedly killed that night that he and Diana were at his home when they heard the tapping. If Eric is dead within hours of that, then how does anyone know what happened?
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #310
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 09, 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I may be in the minority but I really don't think that Don Dixon committed this crime.

First off, he had no motive. The whole "he wanted to be more than just friends" and similar speculation is just that, and there is no evidence to support it.

Dixon discovered the body which is atypical. In many murder cases, you'll read about how the killer goes out of their way NOT to be the person who finds the body.

I see Dixon as an attention seeker. I think he probably led a normal, working class, boring life and his connection to Tamiyasu's death, however tenuous, is probably the most exciting thing he has ever been party to. I think he injected himself into the case when his connection to Tamiyasu before the murder was likely minor and insignificant - perhaps he was just "a guy Eric bought spray from".

This would explain the fact that Eric's family and friends had no clue who Dixon was, his crazy accusations and his need to go on Unsolved Mysteries and insinuate that every person on the planet was suspect except himself and his wife. Also, assuming he was the killer, you have to ask yourself why he would want to draw that kind of attention and suspicion on himself. It doesn't add up.

I think the behavioral clues and lack of motive rule him out.
I've been inclining in this direction for a long time, justin5256. You've summarized this position nicely.

I think the window-tapping is much more significant than anything Dixon did.
__________________
"You can't say the words that the rock makes you feel like." - Patty Johnson
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #311
justins5256
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
Dixon is my number one suspect FOR the reasons you mentioned. I think he did want to be more than friends. I also think he "found" the body because no one else had after a week of being dead and he wanted it to be found and the case to be out there.
What evidence exists that Dixon wanted to be "more than friends" with Eric? We know Dixon was married, and Tamiyasu was dating (and supposedly) having sex with this woman who was at his house on the night he was killed and was also (again, supposedly) sleeping with a Polynesian woman, possibly the sheriff's wife. While these facts don't preclude the possibility that either man was homosexual, I just don't see the evidence that they were or that Dixon liked Eric in a romantic way.

Also, if Dixon was the killer, why would he want the body to be found at all? One would think he would want to delay the discovery as long as possible so the decaying process would destroy evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
Everything Dixon did screamed "attention whore". I believe that he found the body and blathered his lies about suspects for the attention. Hell, he even (allegedly) posted here as mssamspede to blather more nonsense! Not every murder needs a motive. Not saying there was or wasn't one in this case though.
Well, if he is an attention whore, his posting here (assuming he wrote it) fits his prior behavior patterns.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree about the importance of the motive. Unless this was a random act of violence (which I find highly unlikely) I think it's reasonable to assume that someone did indeed have a motive to presumably sneak into Tamiyasu's house, possibly bypassing locked doors and alarms, and shoot him dead in his sleep. Why take the risk otherwise? Since Dixon has no known motive, that makes him a weak suspect in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
Having said all of that, you may be right. My second strongest theory is that an ex boyfriend of Diana (the woman Eric was dating) was the one tapping on Eric's windows and harassing them that night and later gained entry to Eric's house and killed him in a jealous rage (possibly by tapping on the window, then once Eric opened the door, he jumped him and they fought into the house). However, the problem I have with this theory is that if that is the case and Dixon just so happened upon Eric's lifeless body, then Dixon is telling the truth about their relationship. There was no forced entry and Dixon used a key he had and knew the alarm code. That would mean that Dixon isn't "just someone Eric bought spray from" and actually a close friend since most people don't give a key to their home and the alarm code to mere acquaintances. I just can't buy that. Eric Smith was Tamiyasu's best friend and best man in his wedding and even he said that Dixon lives in a fantasy world and wasn't close with Tamiyasu at all. Judging from the segment and the post by mssamspede, I too believe Dixon lives in a fantasy world.
There was a poster on here who claimed Dixon admitted he had the keys to the house because he had done some landscaping work for Eric. I'm not sure if this was corroborated in the UM segment.

Extrapolating from that, if Dixon was telling the truth about having the key because he was doing landscaping for Eric is it safe to assume Eric would have given Dixon the alarm code as well for the simple fact that he would set off the alarm if he attempted to enter with the key? I think it's likely.

Also, if Dixon was guilty, why would he deem it necessary to point out that he had the key and codes at all and that no one else in the world had either? That points the finger of blame squarely on him. It doesn't make sense.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #312
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 25, 2010
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
My post was directed more at Charlie99999, who was suggesting somene call Dixon since his number was in the white pages. I didn't mean to quote you're post, but it'd still be funny to imagine what Dixon would say and who else he'd blame.

Why not? Maybe thats my journalist kicking in. Call him and get his side.

Just don't call the sheriff.
Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #313
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
What evidence exists that Dixon wanted to be "more than friends" with Eric? We know Dixon was married, and Tamiyasu was dating (and supposedly) having sex with this woman who was at his house on the night he was killed and was also (again, supposedly) sleeping with a Polynesian woman, possibly the sheriff's wife. While these facts don't preclude the possibility that either man was homosexual, I just don't see the evidence that they were or that Dixon liked Eric in a romantic way.
I agree that I don't believe that there was a homosexual "element" to this case. Maybe "more than friends" was a poor word choice, and in reality Dixon simply wanted people to believe he and Eric were the bestest buds in the whole wide world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Also, if Dixon was the killer, why would he want the body to be found at all? One would think he would want to delay the discovery as long as possible so the decaying process would destroy evidence.
Well there was a week that passed by from the time Eric was murdered up until Dixon found his body. So he may very well have thought he waited long enough and that the body would be decomposed enough to eliminate crucial evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree about the importance of the motive. Unless this was a random act of violence (which I find highly unlikely) I think it's reasonable to assume that someone did indeed have a motive to presumably sneak into Tamiyasu's house, possibly bypassing locked doors and alarms, and shoot him dead in his sleep. Why take the risk otherwise? Since Dixon has no known motive, that makes him a weak suspect in my book.
How easy would it be for someone to break into Tamiyasu's residence and bypass all of his doors and alarms? There's only one person who could have done this without being detected, and who himself volunteered this information: Don Dixon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
There was a poster on here who claimed Dixon admitted he had the keys to the house because he had done some landscaping work for Eric. I'm not sure if this was corroborated in the UM segment.

Extrapolating from that, if Dixon was telling the truth about having the key because he was doing landscaping for Eric is it safe to assume Eric would have given Dixon the alarm code as well for the simple fact that he would set off the alarm if he attempted to enter with the key? I think it's likely.
This was never touched on in the UM segment, but if it's true then I could see how this is a possibility as to how Dixon would have the codes. But Eric's best friend stated Dixon was a man that Eric "bought spray from", so what type of landscaping would Dixon be doing if he was a spray salesman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Also, if Dixon was guilty, why would he deem it necessary to point out that he had the key and codes at all and that no one else in the world had either? That points the finger of blame squarely on him. It doesn't make sense.
The same reason why Chad Noe would appear on camera and state, "I'm not a violent person." Or for Mark Nichols to appear on camera and plead for his wife to return home. People are stupid! In all seriousness, I do agree that on the surface, Dixon seems like an unlikely suspect. And I have stated on here before that he may just have been an attention seeker who decided to thrust himself into the limelight of a murder simply because he was acquainted with the victim. Actually I think that's more likely than Dixon being the triggerman himself. But I'm still not sold on Dixon not being involved (possibly inadvertently) with the murder. I do believe the theory about the jealous ex-boyfriend (with the little that we do know) seems to be the most likely at this point.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #314
justins5256
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I agree that I don't believe that there was a homosexual "element" to this case. Maybe "more than friends" was a poor word choice, and in reality Dixon simply wanted people to believe he and Eric were the bestest buds in the whole wide world.
I re-read some of this thread and a few other posters suggested this as a possibility - not as a homosexual attraction but more like...well...have you ever seen the Cable Guy starring Jim Carrey? Someone made that analogy and I think it is a good one.

The problem here is that Dixon's behavior, in my view, could also be indicative of someone seeking attention, which most of us seem to agree Dixon was after. Afterall, if he wants to take part in the investigation, play "Sherlock Holmes" and offer up theories and suspects - would he carry more credibility as Tamiyasu's "best friend" or "some guy Eric bought spray from"?

More simply stated, I think Dixon wanted to be included in this investigation, for whatever reason, and played up his relationship with Eric Tamiyasu. This is corroborated by the comments of Tamiyasu's family and friends who had no clue who Dixon was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Well there was a week that passed by from the time Eric was murdered up until Dixon found his body. So he may very well have thought he waited long enough and that the body would be decomposed enough to eliminate crucial evidence.
Why would he care if it was found at all? By finding it himself - especially if he's just a minor acquaintance who had no business having the keys or alarm codes or being in the house - he risks casting suspicion on himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
How easy would it be for someone to break into Tamiyasu's residence and bypass all of his doors and alarms? There's only one person who could have done this without being detected, and who himself volunteered this information: Don Dixon.
Well, you also alluded to the possibility that the jealous boyfriend was a suspect and he certainly wouldn't have had the keys nor codes to get in to Tamiyasu's residence.

We need more information. Maybe some of this is in the segment and I'm not remembering...

Question: Was it known or stated if Eric Tamiyasu was laying in his bed or in his bedroom when the shots were fired?

Question: Did Dixon have to use the key and de-activate the alarm when he entered the residence?

The fact that someone was outside Tamiyasu's house tapping on windows and doors suggests to me that someone was trying to lure him outside. If the initial confrontation/attack occurred outside and he was forced into the house, then the killer (presumably) would not have had to utilize a key or know the alarm code to gain entrance to the residence.

If Dixon did in fact have to de-activate the alarm when he entered the house, then this highly suggests that the killer knew the alarm code, as the alarm would have been "armed" and I really don't see any way around it unless the killer forced Tamiyasu to give up the code, but why would it matter if this person's goal was simply to kill Tamiyasu and be done with it?

Also, if Dixon did in fact de-active the alarm, and told the police this from day one, I think this speaks more to his innocence then anything. Again, why even volunteer that he had the code much less that he had to input it before entering the house because the alarm was armed and no one in the world knew the code except him and Eric? He can't be that much of a dumba**, can he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
This was never touched on in the UM segment, but if it's true then I could see how this is a possibility as to how Dixon would have the codes. But Eric's best friend stated Dixon was a man that Eric "bought spray from", so what type of landscaping would Dixon be doing if he was a spray salesman?
Without knowing more about Dixon's businesses, professional and perhaps "on the side" or what have you, it is impossible to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
The same reason why Chad Noe would appear on camera and state, "I'm not a violent person." Or for Mark Nichols to appear on camera and plead for his wife to return home. People are stupid! In all seriousness, I do agree that on the surface, Dixon seems like an unlikely suspect. And I have stated on here before that he may just have been an attention seeker who decided to thrust himself into the limelight of a murder simply because he was acquainted with the victim. Actually I think that's more likely than Dixon being the triggerman himself. But I'm still not sold on Dixon not being involved (possibly inadvertently) with the murder. I do believe the theory about the jealous ex-boyfriend (with the little that we do know) seems to be the most likely at this point.
I still say acknowledging he had the codes and (presumably) had to enter them to gain entry to the house, which suggest the killer set the alarm before he or she left, would be an EPIC FAIL on Dixon's part assuming he's guilty.

Last edited by justins5256; 07-29-2011 at 10:33 AM.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #315
justins5256
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,834
Default

I rewatched the UM segment. The segment mentions nothing about special keys or burglar alarm codes. Curious as to where this information originated, I reread some of this thread. On page 2, someone who claimed to have been a personal friend of Eric Tamiyasu posted and stated that Eric Tamiyasu did have a burglar alarm. Eric was known to set the alarm regularly. The alarm apparently did not go off on the night that Eric was murdered. The poster further stated that Dixon had admitted he helped Eric install the alarm and that only he and Eric had the codes. In another post, this person claimed Dixon stated he had the key because he was doing landscaping work for Eric.

First off, I always take information like this with a huge grain of salt. I will caution that we have no clue who this poster truly is, or what their connection to the case actually is, if any. Anything they say is hearsay. For the sake of discussion, let’s assume it is all true. What does all of this say about Dixon’s involvement?

In my mind, not a whole lot.

Point by point…

The key – we know Dixon had a key to enter the Tamiyasu residence. The why is up for grabs. Dixon’s explanation would probably be that since Eric was his BFF and confidant, it would only be natural for him to have full access to the house. If we believe our anonymous poster, Dixon claimed he was doing landscaping for Eric so he had the key for that purpose. So, we have two possible explanations.

What to make of this…

I think it is reasonable to assume that there was a valid reason or explanation for Dixon to have the key. No one in the segment questioned Dixon’s presence in the house that day.

Working off that, Dixon claims he went to the house to check on Eric after several people called him and enquired as to Eric’s whereabouts during the week before his body was found. I find this statement unusual in the sense that it can be easily verified or discredited. Who did call Dixon? If Dixon received even one phone call from a concerned friend or family member, then at least someone knew Dixon was a trusted line to Tamiyasu.

In addition, how did Dixon know to call Tamiyasu’s sister after he found the body? Where would he have gotten the telephone number?

Just to recap…

- Dixon had the key, a fact or the reason for it not questioned by anyone.
- Dixon claimed several people called him to enquire about Tamiyasu’s whereabouts, another fact not questioned.
- Dixon knew to contact Eric’s sister.

The three points suggest to me that just perhaps Dixon and Tamiyasu WERE friends or somewhat close acquaintances despite attempts to portray them otherwise.

The alarm…

Everything about the alarm is hearsay but, even if it is true, there is no way to say with absolute certainty that Tamiyasu armed the alarm on the night he was murdered. I can take that a step further and say that there is no way to know with absolute certainty that he locked his doors either. That being the case, both issues become irrelevant and are of no assistance in identifying the culprit.

Moreover, as I alluded earlier, I find it unusual that someone was tapping on the windows and ringing the doorbell and running away on the same evening that Tamiyasu was murdered. It’s almost as if someone was attempting to get him outside in the dark. Since it isn’t indicated in the segment if Tamiyasu was killed in the bed as he slept or was involved in a previous altercation and the possibility of the shooting even occurring elsewhere, we can’t really speculate on this with a lot of certainty. However, if Tamiyasu was accosted outside, possibly while responding to another tap or ringing doorbell, then the killer would not have needed keys or alarm codes to enter the house.

In summation, who did or didn't have keys or alarm codes is moot.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.