Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Acquires The Office Starting January 2022; 27th Annual Critics Choice Awards Nominees
getTV Acquires The Rockford Files, Here Come the Brides; Disney's Secrets of Sulphur Springs Premieres Jan. 14
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 6, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Kevin Can F*** Himself and Pen15 Cancelled; The Waltons' Homecoming Brings Ratings High to The CW
Fri-Yay: Itís Always Sunny Returns, Bold and Funny as Ever; Jon Stewart Joins Live in Front of a Studio Audience for The Facts of Life; Remembering Eddie Mekka of Laverne & Shirley
Rewind TV January 2022 Schedule Includes Drew Carey, NewsRadio; HBO's Somebody Somewhere Premieres Jan. 16
Live in Front of a Studio Audience Announces Cast of The Facts of Life; Disney Television Orders Marsai Martin Produced Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-December)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #286
justins5256
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I'll tell you what convinced me Dixon was the author. Two phrases in mssamsspede's post in reference to Dixon: "biologist" and "training as a Vietnam-era soldier."
I read that post several months ago and those particular remarks stuck out like the proverbial sore thumb. They just seemed like self important things one would say in reference to themselves.

I guess I can call myself a "criminologist" since I have a BA in the field, but I have never done so.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #287
radiohead33
Frequent Poster

so is it fairly certain that the person or persons tapping on his windows and doors that night, when he was hanging out with his friend, was also the killer? The fact that people can tap on windows and doors and not be seen has always haunted and intrugued me. Its obviously a huge point in the wackers case. And with them one can always have the view that the wackers were old, and couldnt get up off the couch in time to see the people or person. But with this case, this is more surprising. Its an isolated house, one would assume the person didnt just walk there, they drove a car. Where did they park it, and why didnt eric and his friend see or hear it? also, going by what i was saying before, these were 2 healthy people, in their 30's or 20's. The fact that someone was tapping on the windows and doors and eric was not able to see them or the person is suprising. How did the person get away with this? where did they run off to? Makes it sound just like the wackers case. Not only was the person not seen, but no one was ever heard running away...

i dont get it.
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #288
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead33
so is it fairly certain that the person or persons tapping on his windows and doors that night, when he was hanging out with his friend, was also the killer? The fact that people can tap on windows and doors and not be seen has always haunted and intrugued me. Its obviously a huge point in the wackers case. And with them one can always have the view that the wackers were old, and couldnt get up off the couch in time to see the people or person. But with this case, this is more surprising. Its an isolated house, one would assume the person didnt just walk there, they drove a car. Where did they park it, and why didnt eric and his friend see or hear it? also, going by what i was saying before, these were 2 healthy people, in their 30's or 20's. The fact that someone was tapping on the windows and doors and eric was not able to see them or the person is suprising. How did the person get away with this? where did they run off to? Makes it sound just like the wackers case. Not only was the person not seen, but no one was ever heard running away...

i dont get it.
Teenagers do this all the time and are never seen, heard, or caught. Hell I'm guilty of doing this in my younger days. "Nighttime Knocking" is where you'd knock on a door and run away as fast as you can. In Eric Tamiyasu's case, I'm sure he didn't do an elaborate search around his property after hearing the tapping since he was on a date. He probably did what any normal person would do, open the door look around and then go back inside. The guy could have been lurking around the corner, or on the other side of his house. It wouldn't have been that hard of a feat to accomplish.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #289
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Teenagers do this all the time and are never seen, heard, or caught. Hell I'm guilty of doing this in my younger days. "Nighttime Knocking" is where you'd knock on a door and run away as fast as you can. In Eric Tamiyasu's case, I'm sure he didn't do an elaborate search around his property after hearing the tapping since he was on a date. He probably did what any normal person would do, open the door look around and then go back inside. The guy could have been lurking around the corner, or on the other side of his house. It wouldn't have been that hard of a feat to accomplish.
Agreed. Also, if you beleive that Eric was killed by a hitman then its possible that the killer was wanting Eric to step outside so he could shoot him, but once he realized Eric was not alone, he retreated. This could have continued after Diana left and may even be the way Eric was killed.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #290
Jaxxson15
Forum Cub

New to this...........

ok, this case is bugging me. Copied this to catch up.....

When Unsolved Mysteries moved from being shown on NBC and CBS to the Lifetime network in its later years, it made the unfortunate decision to go from filming its segments on grainy film stock to filming them on video, which nearly robbed the show of its aura of creepiness. But despite the noticeable drop-off in quality in their later years, the show still did feature some very compelling cases and this is one of the best. It involves a man named Eric Tamiyasu being found shot three times in his bed, and the segment works on the level of an Agatha Christie whodunit, where there a number of possible suspects to the murder and some of them look REALLY suspicious. The local sheriff makes the inexplicable decision to destroy evidence by burning the mattress that Ericís body was found on, which means he may have been involved in the murder or just happens to be one of the dumbest cops who ever lived! The real guilty-looking centrepiece of this segment, however, is the creepy Don Dixon, who found Ericís body and acts like him and Eric were best friends, even though many of Ericís other acquaintances donít seem to have any idea who this guy is! Is it just me or does Don Dixon strike you as the kind of guy who would keep sending you friend requests on Facebook even after youíve rejected him several times? On the aforementioned Unsolved Mysteries message board, an anonymous poster claimed that Don Dixon was innocent and that he and Eric really were good friends because they shared Taco Bell lunches at his office together! He never posted there again and everyone pretty much assumes that it was Don himself, who was probably desperate for a new friend to share Taco Bell with. Unfortunately, since this is not a movie or an Agatha Christie novel, the identity of Eric Tamiyasuís murderer is still unknown, which is why real life can really suck sometimes!
Jaxxson15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #291
Jaxxson15
Forum Cub

Ok, why is it when you watch the original cases hosted by Robert Stack they give you so many more details? Ex. Opening scene, Stack gives the time of when the attacks start. Also, I don't remember them mentioning there was 2 different door bell rings. Eric should have been on high alert after the woman/date left.

Or......... What if Dixon, after hearing from Eric about messing with the Sheriff's wife, he TOLD the sheriff, thus setting up the killing/cover-up. Maybe Dixon let the sheriff or deputy in the house, then after it was said and done, they went into plan mode (burning bed,etc...)

Either way, whoever killed Eric I believe was planning on the body not being found for a few days which would cover up the bullet wounds etc......

And last but not least. Sheriff and his deputy's killed Eric, then weird-0 Dixon did really find the body, and thinking he was doing the right thing, helped the sheriff in the burning of the bed. BUT, he knew about the "no exit wounds".........k, enough 4 now.

Last edited by Jaxxson15; 06-18-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Jaxxson15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #292
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxson15
Or......... What if Dixon, after hearing from Eric about messing with the Sheriff's wife, he TOLD the sheriff, thus setting up the killing/cover-up. Maybe Dixon let the sheriff or deputy in the house, then after it was said and done, they went into plan mode (burning bed,etc...)
Could be. But why wait over a week to burn the bed? If both Dixon and Wampler were involved, why not just burn Eric's body with the bed the day of the murder? It doesn't make sense to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxson15
Either way, whoever killed Eric I believe was planning on the body not being found for a few days which would cover up the bullet wounds etc......
I disagree. I believe this to be a crime of passion that either Don Dixon or his girlfriend's ex bf committed. If it was Dixon, he probably thought that someone would have discovered Eric's body sooner and when they hadn't, he "discovered" it and alerted police. If it was Carter, the ex bf, then it was most definitely a passion murder where he just killed Eric and left. I doubt either one of them cared too much about the exit wounds or bullet holes.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #293
freely
First Time Poster

I understand it has been many years since the murder of Eric, but i was compelled to reply. Like always, a MOTIVE must be established. Without a motive, i am unable to say with absolute certainty that the murderer is Don Dixon, but with all the evidence pointing to him, such as.
- He had a key to Eric's house. With this key he opened a LOCKED house to discover Eric's body.
- He failed a polygraph, when two other suspects passed.
- He claims to have overheard an arguement between Eric and another suspect, which the suspect claims never happened, and this person was a very long freind of Eric, and Eric was also his best man. If this arguement never happened than it establishes that Mr Dixon is a lier and that he feels he needs to create other suspects.
- Mr Dixon claims that Eric told him of an affair he was involved in, with a woman that would imply the woman was the local Sheriffs wife. This would also make the Sheriff a suspect, along with the burning bed.
- The convesation he had with Eric's sister, about an exit wound.
Without a murder weapon, or a motive. Mr Dixon is very lucky not to be charged with Eric's murder, But he will make a serious mistake, and others will be watching. I have only recently been aware of this crime, as i reside on the other side of the planet, but i am personally going to invest my large resources into Mr Tamiyasu's Murder, and the conviction of his murderer, be it Mr Dixon or another.
freely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #294
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by freely
I understand it has been many years since the murder of Eric, but i was compelled to reply. Like always, a MOTIVE must be established. Without a motive, i am unable to say with absolute certainty that the murderer is Don Dixon, but with all the evidence pointing to him, such as.
- He had a key to Eric's house. With this key he opened a LOCKED house to discover Eric's body.
- He failed a polygraph, when two other suspects passed.
- He claims to have overheard an arguement between Eric and another suspect, which the suspect claims never happened, and this person was a very long freind of Eric, and Eric was also his best man. If this arguement never happened than it establishes that Mr Dixon is a lier and that he feels he needs to create other suspects.
- Mr Dixon claims that Eric told him of an affair he was involved in, with a woman that would imply the woman was the local Sheriffs wife. This would also make the Sheriff a suspect, along with the burning bed.
- The convesation he had with Eric's sister, about an exit wound.
Without a murder weapon, or a motive. Mr Dixon is very lucky not to be charged with Eric's murder, But he will make a serious mistake, and others will be watching. I have only recently been aware of this crime, as i reside on the other side of the planet, but i am personally going to invest my large resources into Mr Tamiyasu's Murder, and the conviction of his murderer, be it Mr Dixon or another.
First, welcome to the board.

You made excellent points all around. Question though, how do you know that Dixon failed a polygraph? The segment never mentioned that. Did you find it somewhere online?
Old 07-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #295
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
First, welcome to the board.

You made excellent points all around. Question though, how do you know that Dixon failed a polygraph? The segment never mentioned that. Did you find it somewhere online?
I don't think Dixon ever failed a polygraph, he just refused the one offered by law enforcement. He allegedly paid for one out of his own pocket and passed that one. The more I think about this case, and trust me I do think Dixon is one of the strangest people ever featured on UM, this reminds me more and more of the Sammy Wheeler murder. Three people (well in Eric's case it's mostly one person) throwing each other under the bus to spread gossip about each other, using a murder to do so. The jealous boyfriend scenario may very well be the one that happened.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #296
Hambone2421

Quote:
The jealous boyfriend scenario may very well be the one that happened.
Could be and may likely be. I just find everything Dixon has done to be crazy. I wonder if he is on facebook? haha
Old 07-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #297
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Could be and may likely be. I just find everything Dixon has done to be crazy. I wonder if he is on facebook? haha
I wonder if he still lives in the area.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #298
Hambone2421

Quote:
I wonder if he still lives in the area.
Another forum member, Smokescreen, did a google search and was able to find Don Dixon. I forgot exactly what he found but it did verify that he still lives in the Hood River area.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #299
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Another forum member, Smokescreen, did a google search and was able to find Don Dixon. I forgot exactly what he found but it did verify that he still lives in the Hood River area.

His number is readily available in the whitepages.com
Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #300
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie99909
His number is readily available in the whitepages.com
Yea he found that. But we also found that there is a Don Dixon int he area who owns a store/shop. Could not verify if it was him though.