Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Roku Adds Over 100 Linear Channels; Remembering Mary Pat Gleason and Peggy Pope
Fri-Yay: Space Force on Netflix Thoughts; BET+ Comedy Gets Binge Premiere
Antenna TV's Coach Father's Day Marathon; The CW Acquires Patrick Dempsey Thriller for Fall 2020
HBO Max Comedy Starts Strong; Alexa & Katie Returns in June for Final Episodes
Ted Lasso Coming Soon to Apple TV+; Quibi Picks Up 2nd Season of Dishmantled
Disney+ Orders Second Season of Diary of a Future President; Young Sheldon Streaming on HBO Max
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 1, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April/May/June)

Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season

02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-01-2003, 04:46 PM   #181
animalcrackers

I love to dream! Ain't nothing wrong with that!
animalcrackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 05:11 PM   #182
*ShortCake*
Blair Warner fan.

well as long as you do something about the dream then dreaming is just fine. Dreams cant happen over night.. unfortunatly!! It would be a heck of alot easier if they did! LOL

"Nice girls don't throw tree's"- Jo Polniaczek.
*ShortCake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 03:39 PM   #183
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

My dream is kinda big. I want to become an actress. But i'm really working for it. I'm taking acting classes and in my school theater company. I want to make it big someday.

"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO

My DVD's
YoliUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 05:27 PM   #184
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Location: Sunnydale: The Land of The Vamps, Monsters, And Things That Go Bump

Quote:
Originally posted by AnahiemPMWitch
"Absolutely nothing wrong with dreaming. I live to dream. There's no way that I could survive without doing it. All great writers dream. " ( I couldnt get the write part of your Post to quote so I just copy pasted it)
anyways YES I SO AGREE I tell everyone that because People tell me I dream to much

Ugghh....sometimes people can be so shallow. Everyone-- including my own parents-- have always told me that I have too big of dreams and too big on an imagination. But, I don't agree at all. If we didn't have dreams, what would we live for? We'd have no goals, ambitions, drives to propel us through life. I grew up as an only child, and my parents were always working, so I quickly learned the fascinating art of imagining. At an early age, I started acting-- only, at the time, I never realized I was acting. Most vividly I remember pretending to be a witch (I was an odd child, I guess). I remember collecting berries, leaves, nuts, various types of soil and mixing them in water in hopes to form some sort of apothecary. I would also take seeds and throw them onto bushes while making up some chant that obviously made no sense whatsoever. I would imagine that I turned the bush into a white horse, and then ride off into the sunset. Maybe I watched too much television, or saw too many movies.

Imaginations are healthy and productive. Don't let anyone try to take your imagination away from you. You just need an outlet to use it.
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 05:47 PM   #185
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:
Originally posted by YoliUSA
My dream is kinda big. I want to become an actress. But i'm really working for it. I'm taking acting classes and in my school theater company. I want to make it big someday.

That is an awesome dream. I also enjoy acting (though, have no plans to pursue it professionally). I just bought a book on auditions and how to audition effectively. I found it tremendously helpful and insightful. One thing it recommends is to audition every chance you get, even if you don't think you fit the part. The experience in itself will help you immensely. The more you read, the more your skill will improve. Keep taking those classes. And above all else, believe in your ability to excell. Even when you receive rejection after rejection, remember your dream and have confidence that you will acheive it. Acting is a fical business-- you may be extremely talented, but it may take you forever to land the role that catapaults your career off to stardom. On the other hand, even if you decide later that you don't want to be an actress, you can still use all your training to your advantage in whatever field you decide to enter.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:49 PM   #186
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:
Originally posted by *ShortCake*
well as long as you do something about the dream then dreaming is just fine. Dreams cant happen over night.. unfortunatly!! It would be a heck of alot easier if they did! LOL

Oh, I completely agree!
Old 02-02-2003, 06:59 PM   #187
AnaheimPMWitch
AKA CaitlinMoore2002

Location: in the Las Vegas Crime Lab hangin with Nick and Sara
Send a message via AIM to AnaheimPMWitch Send a message via Yahoo to AnaheimPMWitch

Quote:
Originally posted by CollegeGirl

Ugghh....sometimes people can be so shallow. Everyone-- including my own parents-- have always told me that I have too big of dreams and too big on an imagination. But, I don't agree at all. If we didn't have dreams, what would we live for? We'd have no goals, ambitions, drives to propel us through life. I grew up as an only child, and my parents were always working, so I quickly learned the fascinating art of imagining. At an early age, I started acting-- only, at the time, I never realized I was acting. Most vividly I remember pretending to be a witch (I was an odd child, I guess). I remember collecting berries, leaves, nuts, various types of soil and mixing them in water in hopes to form some sort of apothecary. I would also take seeds and throw them onto bushes while making up some chant that obviously made no sense whatsoever. I would imagine that I turned the bush into a white horse, and then ride off into the sunset. Maybe I watched too much television, or saw too many movies.

Imaginations are healthy and productive. Don't let anyone try to take your imagination away from you. You just need an outlet to use it.
oh I know I always had quite the imagination for me it wasnt the fact that I was the Only but it was the fact that I was the youngest and my older siblings are QUITE a bit older then me so by the time I came around it was like being the Only because they were in college and out of the house (with the exception of my sister Corinna but she was so busy with her friends she had no time for me) so I use to make up imaginary friends,or Pretend i'm some kind of princess or something like that Personally now though I think I belong in California I soo completely hate Oregon its not even funny if I had the money to I'd move there in a heart beat and Just start writing
On Your Pretending to be a Witch thing THATS FUNNY I do that now sort of I frighten My enemies (like my Exes new girlfriends or My enemies in Real life) by making them THINK I AM one I'm NOT but they dont have to know that right
by the way I LOVE your new Avatar Pretty Woman is one of my all time fave movies
AnaheimPMWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 01:12 AM   #188
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:
Originally posted by AnahiemPMWitch
Personally now though I think I belong in California I soo completely hate Oregon its not even funny if I had the money to I'd move there in a heart beat and Just start writing

by the way I LOVE your new Avatar Pretty Woman is one of my all time fave movies

Thanks! I LOVE Pretty Woman too! Julia Roberts is so pretty. And Richard Gere is just one hot tomale!

Hmmmmm.....about the writing thing. That's a question that's been lurking in my mind. I keep wondering how to break into the business. By what I hear, 'tis better to just write and gather a portfolio together, then try to sell your work (make sure it's copyrighted first, though, before you show it to anyone). My screenwriting professor advises us to write everyday, no matter what we write. Just writing, learning how to format, getting the basics down enhances your skill. What you want to do is create your own personal writing voice. Something that people will read and be able to idetify you as the author.

You want to write? Then choose a show(s), start analyzing your characters, and begin writing scripts. You have to know your characters inside and out. You have to know their fears/concerns/dreams. And above all else, you must make the actors look good (actors have egos that need feeding into). I think it's difficult to write for television merely on the premise that you have to take someone else's character and learn him/her. When writing a screenplay for a movie, you can create your own character, and since he/she is yours, you know him/her well.

But, ack.....I am a nobody. Who am I to give advice? Perhaps David77 can give advice on this, since he's actually made it through the process.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:18 AM   #189
AnaheimPMWitch
AKA CaitlinMoore2002

Send a message via AIM to AnaheimPMWitch Send a message via Yahoo to AnaheimPMWitch

Quote:
Originally posted by CollegeGirl

Thanks! I LOVE Pretty Woman too! Julia Roberts is so pretty. And Richard Gere is just one hot tomale!

Hmmmmm.....about the writing thing. That's a question that's been lurking in my mind. I keep wondering how to break into the business. By what I hear, 'tis better to just write and gather a portfolio together, then try to sell your work (make sure it's copyrighted first, though, before you show it to anyone). My screenwriting professor advises us to write everyday, no matter what we write. Just writing, learning how to format, getting the basics down enhances your skill. What you want to do is create your own personal writing voice. Something that people will read and be able to idetify you as the author.

You want to write? Then choose a show(s), start analyzing your characters, and begin writing scripts. You have to know your characters inside and out. You have to know their fears/concerns/dreams. And above all else, you must make the actors look good (actors have egos that need feeding into). I think it's difficult to write for television merely on the premise that you have to take someone else's character and learn him/her. When writing a screenplay for a movie, you can create your own character, and since he/she is yours, you know him/her well.

But, ack.....I am a nobody. Who am I to give advice? Perhaps David77 can give advice on this, since he's actually made it through the process.
thats actually all good advice and what I pretty much do already I've got folders and folders and folders of my scripts I pretty much chose the shows I was into at the time I've got scripts I've written (For the heck of it) for FRIENDS,Spin City and the most recent being Becker and I've got just plain stories as well
yeah I know Julia is one of my fave actresses and Richard YUMMMMMMMMMY thats all I have to say
Old 02-03-2003, 11:53 AM   #190
David77
Frequent Poster

Dreams don't come true without dreamers!

You have to really want it. Just leaving home and moving to Los Angeles alone is not an easy task on many levels. Especially when you have family far away. It is not like going to college where you are gone for four years. It is the rest of your life. As time goes by there are many life and family considerations. People get sick, people die, your friends get married and have families, etc and you are not there for any of it. You are in your own new life in California. It is a huge adjustment. Not only are you in a new crazy lifestyle, you also have to survive in the mean time until you find work in show business. Meaning a regular day job. Unless you are wealthy. Finding work in show biz doesn't mean it will become steady work either. Even the best shows don't last. I didn't work in show business for two years after Happy Days. You have to survive inbetween too. You have to get your work to producers through agents usually. That is how I did it. That is called the proper channels. All in all what I am saying is if you really want it you can have it. You just have to be willing to leave behind everything. You have to have the drive and you have to have a product and you have to be willing to keep cranking out more product (for free) until someone hires you. Once you sell something it is not easy to keep writing on spec either when you are unemployed again. You think you should be paid, you are in the union and no one will hire you. Back then if you wrote for Happy Days you were looked down upon. Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, those shows were not considered quality writing. So I had to go back to writing specs like MASH or Mary Tyler Moore and send those out along with a Happy Days. You have to be on the phone every day and basically cram it down their throats. Hollywood is not a pretty place. There is outrageous crime, horrible yellow smog in 110 degree heat, traffic, decadence on every corner. It is not what you see on tv. Sure there are glamorous homes and glamorous events but the day to day working grind of Hollywood (Fountain Street & Gower)is not glamorous at all. It does however have the Tv and movie industry and if you really have the talent and you really have drive, chances are you will find work because the work is there. It is not a dream. It is a reality. You just have to want that reality and you have to be willing to give up everything and be there. If you get lucky and work steady or create your own tv show you can make enough money to live somewhere else anyway even if it is a couple of hours away. Anything is possible. Be careful what you want because you just may get it. Keep dreaming, keep writing, Write on spec, follow your heart, Register your work with the WGA west. Send scripts to agents listed on the WGA website. Most of all don't move blindly to Hollywood. Be prepared. Visit a few times. Everything takes time. I moved there and I did it in one year. Without my brother's help. I was lucky. I was collecting unemployment, I had time, rents were low back then, I sat home and wrote all day, every day. I wrote every tv show that was on the air. I had twenty spec scripts written before I had an agent. I was like a machine.
I was also lucky or blessed to find the right agent at the right time. (April 1978-Pre-78 season)and I got hired by Happy Days in June from a speculation Fish episode that I had written. You just never know. The main thing was I was there and I had the time to network and take meetings. By the time I saw my name on TV with Happy Days. May 1979. I was unemployed again. I had the Happy Days script money and my unemployment checks to get me to my next gig. I was a hero in my home town and a zero in Hollywood. Ah yep yep yep. Nice weather though.
David77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 05:00 PM   #191
David77
Frequent Poster

HERE IS SOME WGA INFORMATION FOR ALL YOU WRITERS OUT THERE. GOOD LUCK.

Above The Line Agency
9200 Sunset Blvd #804
West Hollywood, CA 90069
(310) 859-6115 [References Required]

Acme Talent & Literary Agency
4727 Wilshire Blvd #333
Los Angeles, CA 90010
(323) 954-2263 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Agency For The Performing Arts (LA)
9200 West Sunset Blvd #900
Los Angeles, CA 90069
(310) 888-4200 [References Required]

Agency, The
1800 Avenue of the Stars #400
Los Angeles, CA 90067
(310) 551-3000 [References Required]

Alice Fries Agency, Ltd.
1927 Vista Del Mar Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90068
(323) 464-1404 [References Required
Letter of Inquiry Required]
Alpern Group, The

15645 Royal Oak Road
Encino, CA 91436
(818) 528-1111 [References Required]

Bohrman Agency, The
8899 Beverly Blvd #811
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(310) 550-5444 [References Required]

Brant Rose Agency
6671 Sunset Blvd
Suite 1584 B
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 460-6464 [No Unsolicited Material]

Broder Webb Chervin Silbermann Agency
9242 Beverly Blvd #200
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310) 281-3400 [References Required]

Camille Sorice Talent Agency
13412 Moorpark St #C
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(818) 995-1775 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Candace Lake Agency, Inc., The
9200 Sunset Blvd #820
Los Angeles, CA 90069
(310) 247-2115 [References Required]

Career Artists International
11030 Ventura Blvd #3
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 980-1315 [No Unsolicited Material]

Cary Kozlov Literary Rep
11911 San Vicente Blvd #348
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310) 843-2211 [No Unsolicited Material]

Catalyst Literary & Talent Agency
(818) 597-8335 [No Unsolicited Material]

Cavaleri & Associates
178 S Victory Blvd #205
Burbank, CA 91502
(818) 955-9300 [References Required]

CEO Creative Entertainment Office
1801 S Catalina Ave #103
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
(310) 791-4494 [References Required]

Charlotte Gusay Literary Agency
10532 Blythe Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310) 559-0831 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Chasin Agency, Inc., The
8899 Beverly Blvd #716
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(310) 278-7505 [References Required]

Cindy Romano Modeling & Talent Agency
414 Village Square West
Palm Springs, CA 92262
(760) 323-3333 [No Unsolicited Material]

Contemporary Artists, Ltd.
610 Santa Monica Blvd #202
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 395-1800 [No Unsolicited Material]

Coppage Company Inc., The
5411 Camellia Avenue
North Hollywood, CA 91604
(818) 980-8806 [References Required]

Coralie Jr. Theatrical Agency
4789 Vineland Ave #100
North Hollywood, CA 91602
(818) 766-9501 [References Required]

Dale Garrick International
8831 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90069
(310) 657-2661 [References Required]

David Shapira & Assoc., Inc.
15821 Ventura Blvd. #235
Encino, CA 91436
(818) 906-0322 [No Unsolicited Material]

Diverse Talent Group, Inc.
1875 Century Park East #2250
Los Angeles, CA 90067
(310) 201-6565 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Don Buchwald & Associates (LA)
6500 Wilshire Blvd #2200
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 655-7400 [References Required

Douroux & Co.
1009 8th Street
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310) 379-3435 [References Required

Dytman & Associates
9200 Sunset Blvd #809
Los Angeles, CA 90069
(310) 274-8844 [References Required]

Ellechante Talent Agency
231 W 75th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323) 750-9490 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Endeavor Agency, The
9701 Wilshire Blvd
10th Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 248-2000 [References Required

Epstein-Wyckoff-Corsa-Ross
280 South Beverly Dr #400
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 278-7222 [No Unsolicited Material]

ES Agency, The
6612 Pacheco Way
Citrus Heights, CA 95610
(916) 723-2794 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Field-Cech-Murphy Agency, The
12725 Ventura Blvd #D
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 980-2001 [References Required]

Film Theatre Actors Exchange
390 28th Ave #3
San Francisco, CA 94121
(415) 379-9308 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Fred R. Price Literary Agency
14044 Ventura Blvd #201
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(818) 763-6365 [No Unsolicited Material]

Gage Group, Inc., The
14724 Ventura Blvd #505
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
(818) 905-3800 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Geddes Agency
8430 Santa Monica Blvd #200
West Hollywood, CA 90069
(323) 848-2700 [No Unsolicited Material]

Genesis (fka Major Clients)
8530 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 300
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(310) 967-0200 [References Required]

Gerald K. Smith & Associates
(323) 849-5388 [No Unsolicited Material]

Hart Literary Management
5686 Antelope Trail
Orcutt, CA 93455-6066
(805) 937-3342 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Hohman, Maybank, Lieb
9229 Sunset Blvd #700
Los Angeles, CA 90069
(310) 274-4600 [References Required]

HWA Talent Representatives, Inc.
3500 W Olive Ave #1400
Burbank, CA 91505-4630
(818) 972-4310 [References Required]

Identity Talent Agency, Inc.
2050 S Bundy Drive #200
West Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 943-8130 [New Writers OK]

Innovative Artists
1505 Tenth Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 656-0400 [References Required]

Irv Schechter Company, The
9460 Wilshire Blvd #300
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 278-8070 [References Required]

Jack Lenny Associates
9454 Wilshire Blvd #600
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 271-2174 [No Unsolicited Material]

Jack Scagnetti
5118 Vineland Ave #102
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 762-3871 [References Required]

Jana Luker Talent Agency
1923 1/2 Westwood Blvd #3
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 441-2822 [No Unsolicited Material]

Jerome S. Siegel Associates
1680 North Vine St #617
Hollywood, CA 90028
(323) 466-0185 [No Unsolicited Material]

Jon Klane Agency
120 El Camino Dr #112
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 278-0178 [References Required

Kaplan-Stahler-Gumer Agency
8383 Wilshire Blvd #923
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(323) 653-4483 [References Required]

Larchmont Literary Agency
444 N Larchmont Blvd #200
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323) 856-3070 [References Required

Larry Grossman & Associates
211 South Beverly Dr #206
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 550-8127 [No Unsolicited Material]

Laya Gelff Agency
16133 Ventura Blvd #700
Encino, CA 91436
(818) 996-3100 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Leading Artists
800 S Robertson Blvd #5
Los Angeles, CA 90035
(310) 855-0565 [References Required]

Lenhoff & Lenhoff
830 Palm Avenue
West Hollywood, CA 90069
(310) 855-2411 [No Unsolicited Material]

Leslie Rose Agency
222 West 64th Place
Inglewood, CA 90302
(310) 671-0000 [No Unsolicited Material]

Lichtman/Salners Company
12216 Moorpark St
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 655-9898 [No Unsolicited Material]

Lynn Pleshette Literary Agency
2700 North Beachwood Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90068
(323) 465-0428 [References Required]

Lynne & Reilly Agency
10725 Vanowen St
North Hollywood, CA 91605-6402
(323) 850-1984 [No Unsolicited Material]

Maggie Roiphe Agency
1721 South Garth Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90035
(310) 876-1561 [References Required]

Marion A. Wright Agency
4317 Bluebell Ave
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 766-7307 [References Required]

Maris Agency
17620 Sherman Way #213
Van Nuys, CA 91406
(818) 708-2493 [No Unsolicited Material]

Markwood Company, The
1813 Victory Blvd
Glendale, CA 91201
(818) 401-3644 [References Required]

Media Artists Group/Capital Artists
6404 Wilshire Blvd #950
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 658-7434 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Metropolitan Talent Agency
4526 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90010
(323) 857-4500 [References Required]

Michael D. Robins & Associates
23241 Ventura Blvd #300
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818) 343-1755 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Michelle Gordon & Associates
260 South Beverly Dr #308
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 246-9930 [References Required

Mitchell K. Stubbs & Associates
8675 West Washington Blvd. #203
Culver City, CA 90232
(310) 838-1200 [No Unsolicited Material]

Natural Talent, Inc.
3331 Ocean Park Blvd #203
Santa Monica, CA 90405
(310) 450-4945 [References Required]

Omnipop, Inc. (LA)
10700 Ventura Blvd
2nd Floor
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 980-9267 [No Unsolicited Material]

Orange Grove Group, Inc., The
12178 Ventura Blvd #205
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 762-7498 [References Required]

Original Artists
9465 Wilshire Blvd #840
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 277-1251 [No Unsolicited Material]

Panda Talent Agency
3721 Hoen Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
(707) 576-0711 [No Unsolicited Material]

Paul Gerard Talent Agency
11712 Moorpark St #112
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 769-7015 [References Required]

Paul Kohner, Inc.
9300 Wilshire Blvd #555
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 550-1060 [References Required]

Preferred Artists
16633 Ventura Blvd #1421
Encino, CA 91436
(818) 990-0305 [References Required]

Privilege Talent Agency
14542 Ventura Blvd #209
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
(818) 386-2377 [References Required]

Qualita Dell' Arte
5353 Topanga Cyn Rd #220
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818) 598-8073 [New Writers OK]

Quillco Agency
3104 West Cumberland Ct
Westlake Village, CA 91362
(805) 495-8436 [References Required]

Richard Herman Talent Agency
124 Lasky Dr, 2nd Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 550-8913 [New Writers OK]

Sanford-Gross & Associates
1015 Gayley Ave #301
Los Angeles, CA 90024
(310) 208-2100 [References Required]

Sarnoff Company, Inc., The
3500 West Olive Ave #300
Burbank, CA 91505
(818) 973-4555 [References Required]

Shafer & Associates
9000 Sunset Blvd #808
Los Angeles, CA 90069
(310) 888-1240 [References Required]

Shapiro-Lichtman, Inc.
8827 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(310) 859-8877 [References Required]

Shirley Wilson & Associates
5410 Wilshire Blvd #227
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 857-6977 [References Required]

Stars, The Agency
23 Grant Ave, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415) 421-6272 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Starwil Productions
433 N Camden Dr, 4th Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(818) 761-3213 [No Unsolicited Material]

Stein Agency, The
5125 Oakdale Ave
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818) 594-8990 [References Required]

Stuart M. Miller Co, The
11684 Ventura Blvd #225
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 506-6067 [References Required]

Summit Talent & Literary Agency
9454 Wilshire Blvd #203
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 205-9730 [References Required

Susan Johnson Agency
13321 Ventura Blvd, Suite C-1
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(818) 986-2205 [References Required]

Susan Smith Company, The
121 N San Vicente Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(323) 852-4777 [No Unsolicited Material]

Triumph Literary Agency
3000 W Olympic Blvd #1362
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310) 264-3959 [No Unsolicited Material]

Turtle Agency, The
7720 B El Camino Real #125
Carlsbad, CA 92009
(760) 632-5857 [References Required]

United Artists Talent Agency
14011 Ventura Blvd #213
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(818) 788-7305 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

United Talent Agency, Inc.
9560 Wilshire Blvd
5th Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 273-6700 [References Required]

Vision Art Management
9200 Sunset Blvd
Penthouse 1
Los Angeles, CA 90069
(310) 888-3288 [References Required]

Whatever...Talent Agency
20917 Gorgonia Street
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818) 884-2209 [References Required]

Working Artists Talent Agency
13525 Ventura Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(818) 907-1122 [Letter of Inquiry Required]

Writers & Artists Agency (LA)
8383 Wilshire Blvd #550
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(323) 866-0900 [No Unsolicited Material]
Old 02-03-2003, 05:04 PM   #192
David77
Frequent Poster

I HOPE THIS HELPS! THIS IS OFF WWW.WGA.ORG

Writers Guild Material can be submitted by mail or in person at our Los Angeles office.

Click here for information on procedure for deposit by mail or in person.

Purpose and Coverage

The WGA Registration Service has been set up to assist writers in establishing the completion dates of material written for the fields of radio, film, television, video cassettes/discs, and interactive media.

Registration provides a dated record of the writer's claim to authorship of a particular literary material. If necessary a WGA employee may produce the material as evidence if legal or official Guild action is initiated.

The Intellectual Property Registry does not make comparisons of registration deposits, bestow any statutory protections, or give legal advice. Submitted material is not read by the Intellectual Property Registry or WGAw staff.

Please be aware registration with the Guild does not protect titles.

Registerable Material

Registerable material includes scripts, treatments, synopses, outlines, written ideas specifically intended for radio, television and film, video cassettes/discs, and interactive media.

The WGA Registration Office also accepts stageplays, novels and other books, short stories, poems, commercials, lyrics, and drawings.

Procedure for Deposit by Mail or In Person

The Registration Office must receive:

1) One (1) unbound loose-leaf copy of material on standard, 8 1/2" x 11" paper.
2) Cover sheet with title of material and all writers' full legal names.
3) Social security number (or foreign equivalent), return address, and phone numbers of authors.
4) Registration fee(s): WGAw and WGAE members in good standing - $10, non-members - $20.

Click for a convenient title page to use when registering by mail or in person.

When the material is received, it is sealed in an envelope and the date and time are recorded. A numbered certificate is returned which serves as the official documentation of registration. Because the certificate is your proof of registration, it should be kept in a safe place.

Notice of registration may consist of the following wording on the title page:

"REGISTERED WGAw No.____."

Duration and Expiration

Registration is valid for a term of five (5) years. Upon expiration registration may be renewed for an additional five-year period at the current registration rate. Renewals will be accepted up to three (3) months prior to the expiration of the original registration. A grace period will be extended allowing renewals as late as three (3) months following the expiration of the original registration.

At the time of registration, or renewal, you authorize the WGA to destroy the material without further notice to you on the expiration of the first term of registration or any renewal period.

Access to Registration Information

Only the writers listed on the registration receipt may request confirmation of registration, the registration number, date of deposit, or any other information.

The WGA will honor such written requests from writers regarding the registration of their own work(s) only if accompanied by photo identification. All verification or confirmation requests from a writer should contain as much specific information as possible, such as registration number, title of material, effective date, and social security number of writer, and may be submitted by facsimile, mail, or in person. The fax number for the Intellectual Property Registry is (323) 782-4803.

Access to Copies of Deposited Material

Because the deposited material cannot be returned to the writer without defeating the purpose of registration, registered material may not be withdrawn. It is therefore important to always retain a separate copy of the material being registered.

If a writer finds it necessary to obtain a copy of deposited material, duplicates may be purchased for the price of registration upon written request by one or more of the listed authors, identified by photo identification. In the event an author is deceased, proof of death and consent of the representative of the heirs and/or estate must be presented in order to obtain a copy of the material.

Requests for duplication of deposited material must be submitted by 5 p.m. Thursday of any week. Duplicates will be available Wednesday of the following week.

In no event, except under these provisions, shall any deposited material, copies of deposited material, or information regarding deposited material be provided unless an official guild action, court order, or other legal process has been served.

Frequently Asked Questions

Does registration take the place of copyright?

No. Any questions regarding copyright should be directed to the U.S. Copyright Office in Washington, D.C. at 1-800-688-9889 or to an attorney specializing in that area of law. Copyright application forms are available to walk-in customers only. Or click for more information www.loc.gov.

Does registration with the Writers Guild protect titles?

No. For more information, go to www.uspto.gov.

Does registration help a writer become a member?

No. Questions concerning the rules for admission to membership in the guild should be referred to the WGA's Membership department at (323) 782-4532. Or click for more information: www.wga.org/manuals/admission.html.

Does registration help in determining writing credits?

Generally, no. If there is a dispute as to authorship or sequencing of material by date, then registration may be relevant. Questions concerning the WGA credit determination procedures should be directed to the Credits department at (323) 782-4528. Or click here for more information www.wga.org/credits/index.html.

For questions and answers about online registration, visit our FAQ page or contact the Intellectual Property Registry at (323) 782-4500.

REGISTRATION HOURS
9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday

For your added convenience, a 24-hour drop box is available,
located after hours in the main lobby of the Writers Guild.

TELEPHONE NUMBERS
(323) 782-4500 Information
(323) 782-4803 Fax

ADDRESS
WGAw, Intellectual Property Registry
7000 West Third St.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Old 02-03-2003, 10:06 PM   #193
animalcrackers

I hope to all of you who want to follow your dreams into showbiz, I wish you all the best. David77's description is reality and if you really want it don't let anybody tell you different. Success comes in cans, not can'ts!
animalcrackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 12:28 AM   #194
AnaheimPMWitch
AKA CaitlinMoore2002

David:
thanks for all your info it really helps us alot I"m DETERMINED to do this for me moving wont be that hard because I live in Oregon its not that far away from California I However would rather live in either Anahiem or Huntingtonbeach rather then Hollywood
anyways I have a few things written already and those sites you've given have helped alot I may send one to them
thanks
Melissa
Old 02-04-2003, 08:11 PM   #195
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

[QUOTE][QUOTE]That is an awesome dream. I also enjoy acting (though, have no plans to pursue it professionally). I just bought a book on auditions and how to audition effectively. I found it tremendously helpful and insightful. One thing it recommends is to audition every chance you get, even if you don't think you fit the part. The experience in itself will help you immensely. The more you read, the more your skill will improve. Keep taking those classes. And above all else, believe in your ability to excell. Even when you receive rejection after rejection, remember your dream and have confidence that you will acheive it. Acting is a fical business-- you may be extremely talented, but it may take you forever to land the role that catapaults your career off to stardom. On the other hand, even if you decide later that you don't want to be an actress, you can still use all your training to your advantage in whatever field you decide to enter.Thanks for your advice. My parents aren't very happy with my career choice, but that's my dream and I'll do anything to make it come true. I'm also planning to take a drama course in college, and maybe even going to college in California. I hope that you also make your dream of becoming a writer come true.
YoliUSA is offline   Reply With Quote