Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Game Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Game Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time a Hit in Ratings; Late Night Talk Set to Return Next Week
Fri-Yay: Review of One Day at a Time Season 4 Premiere; NBC Sets Will & Grace Finale Night and Special I Love Lucy Episode
CBS Slates Primetime Special from Home with James Corden; Fox Announces Living Room Concert for America
Antenna TV Schedule Change on March 30, Doubling Up Comedies; Millionaire 20th Anniversary Premiere Celebs
ABC Giving A Modern Farewell to Series; Samantha Bee Returns from Home on Wednesday
Bounce Sitcom Returns April 1, No Foolin'; Never Have I Ever Gets Netflix Premiere Date
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of March 23, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-15-2019, 01:48 AM   #1
LaBestia
I am an Innocent Girl

Default Split Second debuts on Buzzr tomorrow

It has been announced that Buzzr will add another game show to it's morning lineup and it is Split Second. The version of Split Second is not the original version but the Monty Hall version. But no other info has been released on what game show will replace it. It all starts tomorrow morning on Buzzr
Bestie
Billy Joel's #1 crush
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:46 AM   #2
DadTheKing

Hi, Bestie! I think there is a Canadian version of Split Second. Do you thinkthe Buzzr show is a copy of it?
DTK
DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:16 AM   #3
AMackII

Wait, Split Second has been on Buzzr's Weekday schedule since September 30th but starting the week of November 18th, Split Second will only be seen on Weekends but not on Weekdays.
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #4
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMackII View Post
Wait, Split Second has been on Buzzr's Weekday schedule since September 30th but starting the week of November 18th, Split Second will only be seen on Weekends but not on Weekdays.
What an awful change! I would have expected better from Buzzr than to yank Split Second from 10AM weekdays after just a few weeks, would have at least thought it had that slot through the end of 2019. I have never liked Press Your Luck, but really hate it now. Shame on you Buzzr! Split Second and Blockbusters made such a perfect pairing.
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:19 PM   #5
Duster76
Forum Regular

I love Split Second. I Loved it when Tom Kennedy hosted it in the 1970's, and I loved the reboot hosted by Monty Hall. I remember reading an interview with Hall and he said he never understood why Split Second wasn't more successful. Obviously the rating must have been terrible for the show to get such a quick hook, I hope the Sunday shows which were repeats from the prior week will stay around. Incidentally, Temptation has also been removed from the schedule.
Duster76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:40 PM   #6
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years, minus a few months at the rooming house)

Still on Sundays (I watched it late last night). I noticed the bonus game was different from when I previously saw it.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:32 PM   #7
Duster76
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Still on Sundays (I watched it late last night). I noticed the bonus game was different from when I previously saw it.
We'll see how long that lasts.

In the original version back in the 70's there were 5 different car models on stage, the winner picked the one the one they thought would start, get into the car and turn the ignition, if it started they won the car, if not they returned the next day. With each additional game won by the same contestant the odds of winning a car would increase going from a 1 in 5 chance to a 1in 4 chance etc. .If a contestant 5 games they could pick any of the 5 cars on stage as the winning prize.

When the 86 version started it was one car and the contestant picked the numbered tile (1-5) the car was behind. As the weeks went past, other elements were added overcomplicating the process.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:33 AM   #8
catsrule
Forum Veteran

Unlike weekdays, the weekend schedule was not touched and remains the same.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:25 AM   #9
mikey0581
Forum Regular

They also took Sales of the Century off at night after supermarket sweep and I was getting into it, why didnt they just take away Match Game/Hollywood Squares. I like sweep but it could have stayed just one episode.
mikey0581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:59 PM   #10
catsrule
Forum Veteran

Sale of the Century has moved to 7PM where Press Your Luck was, so SOTC still has a decent time.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:02 PM   #11
catsrule
Forum Veteran

Split Second was likely not helped by being stuck with Temptation as a lead-in. I wish Split Second had been allowed to stay there at 10AM with the new Supermarket Sweep lead-in.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:46 PM   #12
Duster76
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
Split Second was likely not helped by being stuck with Temptation as a lead-in. I wish Split Second had been allowed to stay there at 10AM with the new Supermarket Sweep lead-in.
Very good point.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:43 PM   #13
Duster76
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
My original response to you on 11/18 was, we'll see how long that lasts, as it turns out, not to long, Temptation is listed in the Sunday timeslot Split Second was in.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:37 PM   #14
mikey0581
Forum Regular

it figures it wouldnt last long, it was on buzzr before and it didnt last long then either. I like this show too. Why keep Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour on I dont get it. Thats the way it go
mikey0581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:23 PM   #15
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years, minus a few months at the rooming house)

Yup, Split Second wasn't on late last night (I watch the 1am showing). But it's on my cable guide for next Sunday, so either Spectrum hasn't updated the listings yet or what Buzzr was showing yesterday was still part of their holiday weekend stunt programming.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote