Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Facts of Life Online / The Facts of Life links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Facts of Life Photo Gallery / The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction Board / The Division Board

The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Six

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Six on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Seven

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Seven on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Eight

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Eight on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Series

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Series on DVD (Amazon.com)

(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Facts of Life

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

FX Orders 3rd Season of Comedy; Adult Swim Brings Back Haddish and Wong Series
Memorial Day 2020 TV Marathons
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 25, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Fall Lineup Looking to Include Fewer Sitcoms; Head of the Class Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Will HBO Max Work?; ABC Announces 2020-21 Season Programming
Freeform Announces 2020-21 Slate; Fox Brings Back Last Man Standing, Prodigal Son and The Resident for 2021
Summer of Me Returns June 1 on MeTV; FXX Orders More Dave

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March/April/May)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-24-2020, 09:03 PM   #16
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina warner View Post
Thank you cfr1970 for mentioning retro and me: i'm glad to hear we're making this site enjoyable!
I feel exactly the same way: it's crazy, but i can hardly wait until night time (i usually work during the day ) so i can come and chat to all of you guys in this great SITCOMS ONLINE site!
Glad it's been a fun experience, Valentina! That's what message boards should be: a place to have fun.

Quote:
PS: and i still cannot get enough from the FOL tune i recently downloaded on my mobile phone!
Neat! Which version of the theme is it?
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:17 PM   #17
valentina warner

Music FOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Glad it's been a fun experience, Valentina! That's what message boards should be: a place to have fun.

Neat! Which version of the theme is it?

It's the original FOL theme tune you heard from season 2 to 7 (the one most people remember): i hated the tune theme from 1 and especially the 7, 8 and 9 one lol!)
valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:20 PM   #18
valentina warner

Confused IMDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post

I only wish I had discovered this site sooner. I only learned about this site after they shut down the IMDB boards a few years ago. I had nowhere to post about shows and movies anymore and Google search led me here.

What's IMDB? I only know the SITCOMS ONLINE and FANFICTION SITE lol!
Old 03-24-2020, 09:22 PM   #19
RetroGuy2000

Quote:
It's the original FOL theme tune you heard from season 2 to 7 (the one most people remember): i hated the tune theme from 1 and especially the 7, 8 and 9 one lol!)

Yes, understood.

When I was a kid, I was very excited about the new Season 7 theme. But after a while, it wore out its welcome. I wondered why they were still using it after Over Our Heads closed. I didn't understand that they weren't going to tape a new opening just because the store closed.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:24 PM   #20
cfr1970

Quote:
What's IMDB? I only know the SITCOMS ONLINE and FANFICTION SITE lol!
It's an entertainment site that used to have message boards for all different tv shows, movies, and celebrities. It ran for almost 20 years themselves then shut down all their message boards. Now I only go there to look up info on a specific tv show.

Here's their FOL page--

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078610/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:33 PM   #21
RetroGuy2000

Quote:

I only wish I had discovered this site sooner. I only learned about this site after they shut down the IMDB boards a few years ago. I had nowhere to post about shows and movies anymore and Google search led me here.
Yeah, the IMDB boards were great. I wasn't a regular, by any means, but the people there were super knowledgeable. I once asked about a film I had seen as a kid. Even with my very vague description, they were able to name the movie for me.

I'm sorry you lost your original forum. I posted for a while on the TelevisionWithoutPity forums, but once they were purchased by Bravo, it sucked, and they closed down in 2014.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:34 PM   #22
valentina warner

TV IMDB

Quote:
It's an entertainment site that used to have message boards for all different tv shows, movies, and celebrities. It ran for almost 20 years themselves then shut down all their message boards. Now I only go there to look up info on a specific tv show.

Here's their FOL page--

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078610/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Oh yes, i know this site of course! (i get it every time i look up at something on Wikipedia) I just didn't know people would write reviews or comments on it.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:26 PM   #23
cfr1970

Quote:
Yeah, the IMDB boards were great. I wasn't a regular, by any means, but the people there were super knowledgeable. I once asked about a film I had seen as a kid. Even with my very vague description, they were able to name the movie for me.

I'm sorry you lost your original forum. I posted for a while on the TelevisionWithoutPity forums, but once they were purchased by Bravo, it sucked, and they closed down in 2014.
I used to love TWP way way back in the early 00's, like '02 & '03. They had some really funny satires on many tv shows, but around the mid 00's the site changed and went downhill. I think that was when Bravo came in and ruined it. I hate when big corporations buy out small websites like that because they're never the same again and quality goes way down.

Off topic now---but it reminds me of a site called Half.com. You sold your old books, vhs tapes, cd's etc by just entering in the UPC codes and it would automatically list along with the price.

From '99 to '00 I made about $1k just from selling old books & cd's. It was so easy and profitable to sell your stuff on it. Then Ebay swooped in and bought them out in 2000 and the site was never the same once it was corporate owned. Now it doesn't exist anymore.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:05 PM   #24
Lorimar Television

I actually love the 7-9 theme! I really like all 3 versions honestly.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:05 AM   #25
RetroGuy2000

Quote:
I used to love TWP way way back in the early 00's, like '02 & '03. They had some really funny satires on many tv shows,
Yes! Oh, man, I loved their satirical reviews of TV episodes. They were great!

Quote:
but around the mid 00's the site changed and went downhill. I think that was when Bravo came in and ruined it.
Yep! They were purchased by Bravo in 2007.

Quote:
I hate when big corporations buy out small websites like that because they're never the same again and quality goes way down.
Yes. The exact same thing happened with JumpTheShark.com.

Quote:
Off topic now---but it reminds me of a site called Half.com. You sold your old books, vhs tapes, cd's etc by just entering in the UPC codes and it would automatically list along with the price.

From '99 to '00 I made about $1k just from selling old books & cd's. It was so easy and profitable to sell your stuff on it. Then Ebay swooped in and bought them out in 2000 and the site was never the same once it was corporate owned. Now it doesn't exist anymore.
I never knew about half.com. I still purchase stuff on eBay occasionally, but I can see how it would have been easier to sell with a small mom-and-pop company.

But that's the whole point of buying out the competition: put them out of business so the customer has no choice but to come to you. :/
Old 03-25-2020, 12:59 AM   #26
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
Has anyone noticed how on each season MRS G's shade of colour changed?

For instance:

On the pilot of DS 'The girls school': she had red bright hair (always in a bun of course) and was 'nicely shaped'.

Season 1: her hair colour was more 'ginger' and she was plump (chubby) then.

Season 2: her hair was still 'ginger' but she had lost weight considerably (far too much if you ask me).

Season 3: prettier than ever with her bright red hair and she gained a little weight, which made her look more feminine with her petite height.

Season 4: still red hair although maybe not as bright.

Season 5: definitely reddish and she started dressing very elegantly!

Season 6: very 80 s hair style (still the bun) but she had some 'poodle curly shaped hair' on her forehead and that is soo 80 s man!

Season 7: her hair was the worst shape ever: poodle 80 s hair style (very late 80 s KYLIE MINOGUE's hair) and she was no longer the warm feisty red haired woman we knew!

Season 8: goodbye to MRS G and although she looked very stylish and elegant for her wedding, she was no longer there in body and mind....

Any suggestions or comments?
Interesting observations!

One thing I'm surprised you didn't remark on more, was how DARK her hair got in season 3 or 4! When you binge the show, it's surprising in that first episode when the red is noticeably darker.
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:09 AM   #27
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
I noticed some seasons her hair is redder than others--I like the deeper red look over the lighter shade. I think it just looks prettier.
Yeah, that's season 3 or 4. It is an interesting look.

Quote:
I haven't seen 80sSitcoms for a few days. Hope he's ok. He seemed to post a lot here and just disappeared.
Aww...hi cfr! I'm here! Thanks!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure '80sSitcoms is fine. He'll disappear for a couple of days, and then come back; at least, that is what I have observed for the past six years or so. Of course, in our crazy times (considering Coronavirus), you can never be too sure. This place is always more fun when he's around.
Quote:
I hope it has nothing to do with the virus. I love his enthusiasm for the show and it's always fun when he posts. Same with you and valentina. In fact this whole board is a nice one to keep coming back to!
Aww, thanks guys...c'mere!

Yeah we were forced to start working from home at the end of last week, and my home PC is slower/laggier than my work one, so for now I've been focused more on working on the work that there is for us to be working on (we're currently in a backlog of work that will run out sooner than later, so I'm working while there's work!). And we can work anytime of the day or night, so I've been doing a lot during the day and some at night, and just taking a break away from the PC more when not working (and like with circumstances how they are right now, spending some of that time on some much neglected things around my place!).

Quote:
I don't remember who it was but someone said they've been here for 20 years? Yikes lol. I only discovered this site 3 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Ya know the way you put it makes it sound so old Let's just say it was not that long ago and skip the actual number of years
Yup, I was gonna say, that was me or Christopher, lol. I remember first discovering this place circa 2002 at one of my first jobs! lol
Old 03-25-2020, 01:44 AM   #28
RetroGuy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post

Quote:
Yeah we were forced to start working from home at the end of last week, and my home PC is slower/laggier than my work one, so for now I've been focused more on working on the work that there is for us to be working on (we're currently in a backlog of work that will run out sooner than later, so I'm working while there's work!). And we can work anytime of the day or night, so I've been doing a lot during the day and some at night, and just taking a break away from the PC more when not working
So... you were working?

Quote:
(and like with circumstances how they are right now, spending some of that time on some much neglected things around my place!).
So when you weren't working from home, you were working on your home.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:49 AM   #29
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
:So... you were working?

Now you've got me thinking of that pilot episode "Fraggle Rock" song called "Workin' ":

"Workin', workin', workin', workin', workin'
workin', workin', workin', workin',"

lol

Quote:
So when you weren't working from home, you were working on your home.
Something like that, lol.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:02 AM   #30
cfr1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
Yeah, that's season 3 or 4. It is an interesting look.

Aww...hi cfr! I'm here! Thanks!

Yeah we were forced to start working from home at the end of last week, and my home PC is slower/laggier than my work one, so for now I've been focused more on working on the work that there is for us to be working on (we're currently in a backlog of work that will run out sooner than later, so I'm working while there's work!). And we can work anytime of the day or night, so I've been doing a lot during the day and some at night, and just taking a break away from the PC more when not working (and like with circumstances how they are right now, spending some of that time on some much neglected things around my place!).

Yup, I was gonna say, that was me or Christopher, lol. I remember first discovering this place circa 2002 at one of my first jobs! lol

Glad everything is ok! These sure are crazy times.

I feel like a newbie just discovering this place in 2017. I remember how I got here too---I was watching Hazel one morning on Antenna TV and she got on my nerves so much that I had to vent somewhere and found this place lol.

Tags
mrs g