Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables
2019 New York Comic Con Round Up

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Solomon's Weekly Rant (1/5/08) Discussion: Jeffersons; Annoying ION; 32 Bowl Games

Please read:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...mily-feud.html

...then discuss!
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
clarkkent
Frequent Poster

Default Annoying ION

What most annoyed, actually still annoys me, is the constant airing of the Drew Carey commercial. While watching Who's the Boss?, every set of commercials featured when the show would be starting. I really hated it because I HATE DREW CAREY and I didn't want to be constantly reminded of when it was coming on because I wasn't watching it anyway. Now we have the DREW CREW commercial shown during every set of commercials once again. ENOUGH WITH THAT IDIOT ALREADY!!!!!!
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

I am laughing so hard abt the college bowl game remark, "They better have given out free pizza..." OMG that was funny.
I never realized there were that many bowl games now. Wow! I know of the obvious ones, Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Sugar Bowl but the other ones, never knew abt those. Hey, they might as well just hand a big-a$$ trophy to each college team out there and say, "YOU ARE THE CHAMPS!" So, how many bowl games are there now?

As for ION, yes as much as I love Drew Carey and his show, I don't need to see him at the bottom left screen of whatever I am watching and I don't need to be reminded that he is on at 9 p.m. M-F. WE GET IT ION, DREW CAREY IS NOW ON ION...OK!!!!!! I don't like seeing the credits of any show being squeezed aside for any reason, not for Drew, not for any show or anything else!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
I am laughing so hard abt the college bowl game remark, "They better have given out free pizza..." OMG that was funny.
I never realized there were that many bowl games now. Wow! I know of the obvious ones, Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Sugar Bowl but the other ones, never knew abt those. Hey, they might as well just hand a big-a$$ trophy to each college team out there and say, "YOU ARE THE CHAMPS!" So, how many bowl games are there now?

As for ION, yes as much as I love Drew Carey and his show, I don't need to see him at the bottom left screen of whatever I am watching and I don't need to be reminded that he is on at 9 p.m. M-F. WE GET IT ION, DREW CAREY IS NOW ON ION...OK!!!!!! I don't like seeing the credits of any show being squeezed aside for any reason, not for Drew, not for any show or anything else!

That's why I could never get into College Fooball because it's too many teams holding a trophy at the end of the season-lol Not like that at all in college basketball, ONE TROPHY, like it is in the NFL, MLB, NHL, and the NBA
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
That's why I could never get into College Fooball because it's too many teams holding a trophy at the end of the season-lol Not like that at all in college basketball, ONE TROPHY, like it is in the NFL, MLB, NHL, and the NBA
What fun is there in giving away so many damn trophies? Hell, if a college team knows they lost one shot at a trophy but try for another, then where is the feeling of working hard for something? Sounds like it is one big propaganda thing, just something a company with millions of dollars came up with so they could get their names on the bowl game, advertise their company and just give a trophy.

The People's Choice Awards is the same thing. It is sponsored by Proctor & Gamble. The same company that sells toothpaste, soaps, etc. The awards they give out mean squat! It is only one big hyped-up affair to promote the company that sponsors the damn awards.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
What fun is there in giving away so many damn trophies? Hell, if a college team knows they lost one shot at a trophy but try for another, then where is the feeling of working hard for something? Sounds like it is one big propaganda thing, just something a company with millions of dollars came up with so they could get their names on the bowl game, advertise their company and just give a trophy.

The People's Choice Awards is the same thing. It is sponsored by Proctor & Gamble. The same company that sells toothpaste, soaps, etc. The awards they give out mean squat! It is only one big hyped-up affair to promote the company that sponsors the damn awards.

I think there is TOSTITOS BOWL too-lol
Old 01-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #7
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
I think there is TOSTITOS BOWL too-lol
Oh yeah, that one I heard of.

Look at this:

The Fiesta Bowl, aka Tostitos Bowl, now sponsored by Tostitos tortilla chips, is a United States college football bowl game played annually since 1971. Originally, the game was hosted in Tempe, Arizona at Sun Devil Stadium where it remained until 2006. University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona is the current venue. Previous bowl game sponsors included Sunkist and IBM.

In 1998 the Fiesta Bowl became part of the Bowl Championship Series (BCS), and prior to 2007 every four years (most recently in 2003) was the designee for the national championship game.

Stadium University of Phoenix Stadium
Location Glendale, Arizona
Previous Stadiums: Sun Devil Stadium (1971-2006)
Previous Locations: Tempe, Arizona (1971-2006)
Operated: 1971-present
Conference Tie-ins: Big 12
Previous Conference Tie-ins WAC (1971-1978)
Payout: US $17,000,000 (2006) <<<<<
Old 01-05-2008, 09:00 PM   #8
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Agree with you on everything this week, Solomon. TV Land annoys the hell out of me when they give Good Times and SAS great slots and primetime marathons, yet they give other 70's shows like The Jeffersons, All in the Family, and Three's Company the shaft. How in the world are GT and SAS better rated than Three's Company, The Jeffersons, and AITF? It makes no sense.

yeah, ION always promotes their new shows way over the top. They still haven't stopped doing it with Who's the Boss?. What i hate the most is when they advertise a show when people are watching the same show right then. Like during a commercial for Drew Carey, they'll advertise DC airing every day at 9pm, but of course we know that, because we're already watching.

I'd still like to see the ratings for Drew Carey, and how it's doing. I'm sure it's holding Mama's leadin.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
Agree with you on everything this week, Solomon. TV Land annoys the hell out of me when they give Good Times and SAS great slots and primetime marathons, yet they give other 70's shows like The Jeffersons, All in the Family, and Three's Company the shaft. How in the world are GT and SAS better rated than Three's Company, The Jeffersons, and AITF? It makes no sense.

yeah, ION always promotes their new shows way over the top. They still haven't stopped doing it with Who's the Boss?. What i hate the most is when they advertise a show when people are watching the same show right then. Like during a commercial for Drew Carey, they'll advertise DC airing every day at 9pm, but of course we know that, because we're already watching.

I'd still like to see the ratings for Drew Carey, and how it's doing. I'm sure it's holding Mama's leadin.

What's real confusing is designing women getting a evening-thon-LOL I still can't believe that
Old 01-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #10
BensonFan
Board Psychologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
How in the world are GT and SAS better rated than Three's Company, The Jeffersons, and AITF? It makes no sense.
Having a better time slot doesn't hurt. But this begs the old "the chicken and the egg" argument--which came first? Did better ratings give those shows the better time slots, or did the better time slots give those shows better ratings?

Hmmmm....

Now can we get started on Season 3 plans?
BensonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #11
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensonFan
Having a better time slot doesn't hurt. But this begs the old "the chicken and the egg" argument--which came first? Did better ratings give those shows the better time slots, or did the better time slots give those shows better ratings?

Hmmmm....

I thought Sanford and Son would be DRIED OUT by now-lol Time really flies because it doesnt see like it was that long ago when TV LAND had a marathon all weekend for S&S in jan of 2003
Old 01-05-2008, 11:54 PM   #12
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Let me say, when ION aired the Drew Carey marathon, the picture was clear and nice. When Monday came along and they aired the two Drew Carey episodes...OMG it was blurry as hell!!!!!!!!!! It seems better now. I wonder if people called and complained?
Old 01-06-2008, 01:00 AM   #13
friendsfan77
-

Quote:
I don't like seeing the credits of any show being squeezed aside for any reason, not for Drew, not for any show or anything else!
I agree and I hate that they're doing this with Alice now.
friendsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #14
freshprinceofLA
The Bosses

Send a message via AIM to freshprinceofLA

TVLand is really annoying the hell out of me with these damn minithons of the same shows over and over. And well said about those bowl games. Too confusing man everyone wins something in collage football give only the teams that deserved to win a trophy not 1000000000 other teams
#2 Three's Company
#3 Moonlighting

RELEASE ALL SEASONS OF WHO'S THE BOSS? ON DVD

Watch ION at 9:00 to 10:00

I <3 SAMANTHA!
RAIDERS SUCK

R.I.P. PAC & BIG we miss yall
freshprinceofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #15
tanquant
Forum Regular

As much as I love Andy Griffith they could take off one of those mini marathons and air the Jeffersons or Three's company in it's place. If I'm not mistaken it comes on twice a week. I'm really disappointed that they removed Three's company for the Beverly Hillbillies at 1am. Why does every new show have to have AG for a lead in?
tanquant is offline   Reply With Quote