Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Saved by the Bell Reboot Launching November 25; HBO Orders Weekly Talk Show with Sam Jay
The Addams Family Coming to FETV; Netflix Developing Korean Sitcom
2002-2007 Sitcom George Lopez Coming to TBS; Guests Announced for black-ish Election Special
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 28, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Peacock to Launch All 45 Seasons of Saturday Night Live; Renewal for Family Guy and Bob's Burgers
Fri-Yay: Schitt's Creek Emmy Sweep; HBO Max Orders New Pretty Little Liars
NBC Moves This Is Us, Connecting Premieres; Fox Orders 2 More Seasons for Bob's Burgers & Family Guy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August/September)

Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven Will & Grace - The Revival -Season Three - The Farewell Season Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season

06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Thundermans - Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
07/28 - The Thundermans - Season 1-4 Bundle
08/04 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Eighth Season
08/04 - The Neighborhood - Season One
08/11 - Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens - Season 1
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
09/01 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
09/29 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series (2020 Release)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Solomon's Weekly Rant (10/20/07) Discussion: The New Price is Right Is All Wrong

Please read

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...-4-oct-23.html

...then discuss.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
HugeTVFan
Forum Regular

I thought Drew was alright. Sure, a little nervous, but he was very funny and nice with the contestants. That's what matters, right? Well...that and the fact that he shouldn't be so nervous....lol.
HugeTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
MLBonTBS
Frequent Poster

Maybe it will just take Drew some time to gain confidence and take the reins of the show. Bob Barker is a tough act to follow, especially since he hosted it for 35 years.

I've noticed the crowd doesn't seem as excited as they used to. Drew needs to amp up his personality and get the crowd excited. And like you say, slow down and not rush through the games.
MLBonTBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

I think Drew's doing a fine job. I mean it's his first week compared to Bob's 35 years. The one thing that gets a little annoying is when Drew asks people if they want to say 'hi' to anybody during the big wheel. When Bob was on, they'd try to do it BEFORE they spun the wheel and Bob would tell them to spin the wheel first.

But I say so far so good.
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #5
Cactus Jack
RonFingSwanson
Forum Idol

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack

That was great.

I saw the clip on The Soup where the contestant said she had to "potty"

Id Love to help you Tracy, but I cant have sex with a black guy, Id lose my endorsement deal with NASCAR-Jenna Maroney,30 Rock

April 17,2009 9:02 PM : 100,000th post!

[/B]
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #6
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Drew Carey is doing fine. Solomon, if you had any prior experience with watching Carey host game shows (Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Power of 10), you'd understand that. He's being himself. Drew wouldn't be human if he wasn't a little nervous, given the circumstances.
From what I've read on the Game show board, Solomon, you have barely any recollection of even watching the original Price Is Right. You criticized Drew because he asked a contestant if they wanted to give a shout out to family. You asked if Drew added that feature to the show. People had to tell you that Bob Barker did that for years. You've gone on how Drew's a fat, goofy moron with tight suits. You've been posting all week that Drew isn't qualified to host TPIR, when he clearly is, as he's been doing this for years.
Maybe the bigger question is, are you qualified to review and critique shows? Sorry to say Solomon, but I think you're out of your element here. You'd be the guy to review The Jeffersons or Good Times. I'm trying to figure out what are your credentials to critique this show and other shows.
When you first took on this blog assignment, I thought we were in for a funny weekly rant, George Jefferson style. Instead, you write as if you're a critic for the NY Times, with the only difference is that you're uninformed.
I think the Weekly Rant, which should be re-titled, Weekly Review, should be written by more than one member anyway. For example, Pavan could post the topic he wants reviewed. Members could submit their interest in reviewing that topic, and whatever review is the best written and knowledgeable would get the spot in the blog that week. That would be fair. I don't think it's fair that one member gets to write their opinion in the blog every week. There are members who have watched The Price is Right for decades, and frankly, I'd like to hear from one of them. You have every right to your opinion Solomon, but why is your opinion so special? I really was expecting a funny weekly rant from you, and what you're writing is anything but that.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
jonneh
Occasional Poster

Thumbs down

I completely agree. I don't mean to sound like a whiny little fan of Drew Carey, but it's as if you (Solomon) have never even seen any of his shows before. To add to the mod's list above, you should really check out "Drew Carey's Green Screen Show". It's just like Whose Line Is It Anyway?, only 10x's the hilariousness. :P

I'll honestly admit I only caught two of TPIR's shows, but they were really good and I thought Drew did an awesome job - especially when you think about how hard it must be to try and get on a stage that a legend such as Bob Parker stood on for 35 years with his unbelieveable popularity!

Drew is doing great so far, and the only couple errors I saw could be (and most likely will be) fixed after he gets accustomed to the "new" show.

Thumbs down, Solomon. Thumbs down.
jonneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #8
honeybea
Forum Regular

I think he's awful. He really talks much too fast and seems very nervous. He's like that on all the shows he hosts too, so it's his way. He seems to just be wanting it over, not enjoying himself at all. There are too many others that would make a great host for this show. Even George Hamilton would be better than Drew, or Doug Davidson who at one time did a night time version. My favorite would probably be Howie Mandel, but he's taken already.
honeybea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #9
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

I really think the person most qualified to rant about TPIR, is Mike (mriggles) The guy is a SUPER fan and can critique it fairly.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #10
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

As Solomon says, he is just poking fun on what he thinks. He may not be an avid watcher of the show, but he doesn't like Drew Carey so far (he's not reviewing the show, or he would have gone on to say something like the color of the background looks terrible, but he is just poking fun at what he thinks of Drew). That's his opinion, agree or not (see the disclaimer). He'll comment on your replies here and explain himself.

Each week Solomon chooses a topic and doesn't review it, just pokes fun at it really. So nothing has changed since his weekly column started.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:31 PM   #11
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
As Solomon says, he is just poking fun on what he thinks. He may not be an avid watcher of the show, but he doesn't like Drew Carey so far (he's not reviewing the show, or he would have gone on to say something like the color of the background looks terrible, but he is just poking fun at what he thinks of Drew). That's his opinion, agree or not (see the disclaimer). He'll comment on your replies here and explain himself.

Each week Solomon chooses a topic and doesn't review it, just pokes fun at it really. So nothing has changed since his weekly column started.

Listen, I have a right to my opinion. If you don't like it, fine, but I have a right to post my opinion. These so-called "RANTS" are DUDS.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #12
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Weren't you and a few others (Irene, Janice) pleading for Solomon to get his own weekly column before? I know Irene is here every week commenting on the rant. Just because you don't agree with one of his rants now you don't like the idea? I don't agree with some of his rants either (can't comment on this one because I have not seen an episode yet), but they are hilarious and done in a fun way. Don't take it seriously.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:42 PM   #13
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Weren't you and a few others (Irene, Janice) pleading for Solomon to get his own weekly column before? I know Irene is here every week commenting on the rant. Just because you don't agree with one of his rants now you don't like the idea? I don't agree with some of his rants either (can't comment on this one because I have not seen an episode yet), but they are hilarious and done in a fun way. Don't take it seriously.

It's not that I don't agree with his rants. We were promised humor, not some lame reviews. I never pleaded for anything. I was for a funny weekly rant, not this snoozefest.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #14
mriggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
I really think the person most qualified to rant about TPIR, is Mike (mriggles) The guy is a SUPER fan and can critique it fairly.

Well thanks Brian... I will post my thoughts on solomons rant in a bit & while I am at it I will post my thoughts after 1 week of the drew carey era
mriggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #15
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:

It most certainly IS a review, and a lousy one at that. Poking fun? Who's laughing? There's not a single chuckle in there. Just blasted away, as a critic, who doesn't have all the facts.