Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #76
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Schedule has been altered just a bit:

Effective Monday, September 10, 2007
Sun-Thurs
9:00PM Home Improvement
9:30PM Home Improvement
10:00PM George Lopez
10:30PM George Lopez
11:00PM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
11:30PM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
12:00AM Home Improvement
12:30AM Home Improvement
1:00AM George Lopez
1:30AM George Lopez
2:00AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
2:30AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
3:00AM Roseanne
3:30AM The Cosby Show
4:00AM Full House
4:30AM America's Funniest Home Videos
5:00AM Designing Women (Sun, Wed), Murphy Brown (Mon), Hi-Jinks (Tues), Mad About You (Thurs)
5:30AM Full House

Fridays
10:00PM Home Improvement
10:30PM George Lopez
11:00PM Home Improvement
11:30PM Home Improvement
12:00AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
12:30AM George Lopez
1:00AM Home Improvement
1:30AM Home Improvement
2:00AM George Lopez
2:30AM George Lopez
5:00AM Murphy Brown

Saturdays
10:00PM Home Improvement
10:30PM Home Improvement
11:00PM George Lopez
11:30PM George Lopez
12:00AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
12:30AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
1:00AM Home Improvement
1:30AM Home Improvement
2:00AM George Lopez
2:30AM George Lopez
5:00AM Hi-Jinks
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:50 PM   #77
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!
Forum Veteran

Not that big of a change, cut it is a change for the better. I wonder why they changed it, though. Maybe they actually heard some of our complaints (more or less). At least we do get Roseanne and Cosby EVERY day now, AFV is back (sucks) and both Home Improvement and George Lopez have been downsized a bit. I definitely like this schedule better, even if it was just changed here and there.

I just noticed something else. Fresh Prince is only on one time on Friday nights. How unbelievable is that?

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #78
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

George Lopez's airings remain the same from the last schedule. It will still air 4 times a night (two really, with encores late at night) every night...it just changed times a bit on Fridays. HI is 4 times a night now Sun-Thurs, rather than 5. Friday airings is down to 5 from the 6 original. And Saturday is down to 4 from the original 6. AFV is back, so the schedule has a bit more variety now, rather than a HI encore.

As for George Lopez, Nick at Nite will start with episode 82, which is the start of Season 5. They will go in order starting with that. Though Season 3 will be mixed in on Saturdays and Sundays, the first half hour will the same rotation as weekdays, and the second half hour will be starting with the third season, I think episode 27.

I forgot who asked, but Nick at Nite will only air the first part of the George Lopez-Freddie cross-over. So they won't air the Freddie episode, which was part two.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #79
clj2
Forum 3K Club Member

I just don't have a good feeling about Lopez. I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem like it's going to be a hit to me. They sure do seem confident in it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it and Roseanne switch places after the marathon is over (which there is always a possibility of them cutting short)

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #80
Mr. Television
17 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Land Fan
I just don't have a good feeling about Lopez. I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem like it's going to be a hit to me. They sure do seem confident in it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it and Roseanne switch places after the marathon is over (which there is always a possibility of them cutting short)
I don't know why it wouldn't be a hit. George Lopez is a great show. Frankly Roseanne is rerunned to death. I can watch it on about 3 of my locals now besides N@N.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:54 PM   #81
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Land Fan

I will check out George Lopez and see it comes off the right way
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #82
Janice
Hollywood Swingin'
Administrator
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Tall
I don't know why it wouldn't be a hit. George Lopez is a great show. Frankly Roseanne is rerunned to death. I can watch it on about 3 of my locals now besides N@N.
You can say that again. They killed Roseanne and Fresh Prince for me. I'm really looking forward to George Lopez. I could look it up myself, but can someone tell me the premise of his show?
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:37 PM   #83
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalyzer
I will check out George Lopez and see it comes off the right way
They are starting with S5, so I hope you will understand the stories. I suggest you also watch on your local channels, because they will start with the pilot this Fall. I think the first season is just OK, but after that it got VERY funny. Especially seasons 2 and 3. I like 4-6, too. This past season had a lot of special guest stars that made it special, like Barbara Eden, Jerry Springer, Mario Lopez, and Stacy Keibler. Eva Longoria was on during season 5.

And yes, I think it will do well. TV Land Fan, this show has everything riding on a plus than negative. First, it is a family sitcom. Second, it is very new and fresh, never aired in syndication before. So it is part of Nick at Nite history, by airing a new show premiering the same time it is in syndication. They are very high on it, not only about that, but the quality of the show is good. It is funny stuff. This isn't a show that you just know that will bomb...I knew shows like Coach, Wings, Mad About You, Murphy Brown, Designing Women would not work because they don't fit the Nick at Nite brand, Lopez does and plus it is new.
They are not doing a Lopez marathon, by the way. It will just join the line-up.

Janice, you can see the description of the show on the first post in this thread.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:33 PM   #84
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
They are starting with S5, so I hope you will understand the stories. I suggest you also watch on your local channels, because they will start with the pilot this Fall. I think the first season is just OK, but after that it got VERY funny. Especially seasons 2 and 3. I like 4-6, too. This past season had a lot of special guest stars that made it special, like Barbara Eden, Jerry Springer, Mario Lopez, and Stacy Keibler. Eva Longoria was on during season 5.

And yes, I think it will do well. TV Land Fan, this show has everything riding on a plus than negative. First, it is a family sitcom. Second, it is very new and fresh, never aired in syndication before. So it is part of Nick at Nite history, by airing a new show premiering the same time it is in syndication. They are very high on it, not only about that, but the quality of the show is good. It is funny stuff. This isn't a show that you just know that will bomb...I knew shows like Coach, Wings, Mad About You, Murphy Brown, Designing Women would not work because they don't fit the Nick at Nite brand, Lopez does and plus it is new.

Janice, you can see the description of the show on the first post in this thread.

George Lopez is not on in Philly unless it's something you forgot to tell me-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:36 PM   #85
Mr. Television
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal

I wonder why they're starting with the 5th season? You'd think new viewers would like it better watching from the beginning.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #86
MadonnasManOne
Occasional Poster

As much as pavanbadal feels George Lopez will do well, I feel completely the opposite way. I think it will bomb. I don't know anyone who watches the show. I've never had anyone say, "Oh, you've got to watch this show."

Not that it matters to me. With the schedule as it is, now, N@N shows NOTHING that I want to watch during the hours I could watch. I'm glad that they have decided to add Roseanne and Full House to the weekends, but, it's during the time I am asleep. So, I still won't be turning in. The only way I'll ever tune in to N@N, again, is if they move Roseanne and/or Full House back into a primetime slot, or they add a show, such as Who's The Boss?, Three's Company, and/or The Golden Girls, for example. Since those choices don't seem likely, sadly, I will not ever watch N@N. It's too bad, because that channel used to be the only thing I watched in the evening. However, it seems that since they added Fresh Prince to the network, the programming has declined, greatly, and it doesn't seem like it will recover.

Thankfully, ION Television has several shows I enjoy, and I now spend my evenings watching them. After that, I have my season sets of shows such as Roseanne, Full House, The Golden Girls, etc. to keep me happy. Thank God for TV on DVD, or I'd go crazy! It's too bad that they've only released the first season of Who's The Boss? on DVD. I would LOVE for them to release all of them, so, I could quit recording them off the television.
MadonnasManOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:49 PM   #87
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Quote:
I wonder why they're starting with the 5th season? You'd think new viewers would like it better watching from the beginning.
It probably has something to do with it also starting on locals this fall.

Solomon, local channels start it in September as well. Be on the look out on Sept. 10 on your locals. WPSG-57 will air it at 2pm and I THINK also 11:30pm, but for sure 2pm. WPIX is airing it here.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:51 PM   #88
Mr. Television
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
As much as pavanbadal feels George Lopez will do well, I feel completely the opposite way. I think it will bomb. I don't know anyone who watches the show. I've never had anyone say, "Oh, you've got to watch this show."

Not that it matters to me. With the schedule as it is, now, N@N shows NOTHING that I want to watch during the hours I could watch. I'm glad that they have decided to add Roseanne and Full House to the weekends, but, it's during the time I am asleep. So, I still won't be turning in. The only way I'll ever tune in to N@N, again, is if they move Roseanne and/or Full House back into a primetime slot, or they add a show, such as Who's The Boss?, Three's Company, and/or The Golden Girls, for example. Since those choices don't seem likely, sadly, I will not ever watch N@N. It's too bad, because that channel used to be the only thing I watched in the evening. However, it seems that since they added Fresh Prince to the network, the programming has declined, greatly, and it doesn't seem like it will recover.

Thankfully, ION Television has several shows I enjoy, and I now spend my evenings watching them. After that, I have my season sets of shows such as Roseanne, Full House, The Golden Girls, etc. to keep me happy. Thank God for TV on DVD, or I'd go crazy! It's too bad that they've only released the first season of Who's The Boss? on DVD. I would LOVE for them to release all of them, so, I could quit recording them off the television.
The fact is until George Lopez moved opposite AI it was doing pretty good in the ratings. I watched it every week. The only reason I stopped was because it was hard to watch just one sitcom when all the other shows I watched were dramas so I always had to tape it and watch it later and I just got tired of doing that.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #89
Adamantium
TVAdam No More
Forum Veteran

Quote:
You know as well as I do that a show being great has no effect on whether it will be a hit or not. There has to be enough people watching in order for it to keep coming back. I admit, I'm no fan of "George Lopez" but I'll give it a second chance. Maybe I'll end up liking it. I used to hate Friends and now I like it. I used to hate That '70s Show and now I like it. Who knows, maybe I'll like George Lopez one day, too.

I personally don't like the fact that a new show is coming to N@N before ever being in syndication. And to think that I thought "NewsRadio" was too new for N@N. They're passing by the 90s and are into the 2000s now.
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #90
Mr. Television
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium
You know as well as I do that a show being great has no effect on whether it will be a hit or not. There has to be enough people watching in order for it to keep coming back. I admit, I'm no fan of "George Lopez" but I'll give it a second chance. Maybe I'll end up liking it. I used to hate Friends and now I like it. I used to hate That '70s Show and now I like it. Who knows, maybe I'll like George Lopez one day, too.

I personally don't like the fact that a new show is coming to N@N before ever being in syndication. And to think that I thought "NewsRadio" was too new for N@N. They're passing by the 90s and are into the 2000s now.
I don't really like the way N@N is being run anymore. I liked it much better when they were airing shows from the 50's until the 70's. I don't really think shows that are in local syndication really need to be in national syndication too. N@N passed up awhole lot of great 80's sitcoms and went right into the 90's. On the other hand if they are going to air 2000 sitcoms I am glad it's George Lopez as it's one of the few modern ones I actually like. The only current sitcom I even watch is My Name is Earl. I just hope some great new sitcoms are on the horizon, otherwise we'll be watching the same old sitcoms for years to come.