Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Nick at Nite September 2007 -- Home Improvement and George Lopez Join Line-Up

Nick at Nite September 2007 --

Regular Schedule

Effective Monday, September 10, 2007
Sun-Thurs
9:00PM Home Improvement
9:30PM Home Improvement
10:00PM George Lopez
10:30PM George Lopez
11:00PM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
11:30PM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
12:00AM Home Improvement
12:30AM Home Improvement
1:00AM George Lopez
1:30AM George Lopez
2:00AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
2:30AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
3:00AM Roseanne
3:30AM The Cosby Show
4:00AM Full House
4:30AM America's Funniest Home Videos
5:00AM Designing Women (Sun, Wed), Murphy Brown (Mon), Hi-Jinks (Tues), Mad About You (Thurs)
5:30AM Full House

Fridays
10:00PM Home Improvement
10:30PM George Lopez
11:00PM Home Improvement
11:30PM Home Improvement
12:00AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
12:30AM George Lopez
1:00AM Home Improvement
1:30AM Home Improvement
2:00AM George Lopez
2:30AM George Lopez
5:00AM Murphy Brown

Saturdays
10:00PM Home Improvement
10:30PM Home Improvement
11:00PM George Lopez
11:30PM George Lopez
12:00AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
12:30AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
1:00AM Home Improvement
1:30AM Home Improvement
2:00AM George Lopez
2:30AM George Lopez
5:00AM Hi-Jinks

Specials & Marathons

- Home Improvement Launch Marathon
Monday, September 3 through Sunday, September 9, 2007
9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. ET/PT each night (Fri-Sat it is 10pm-5am)
Tim Allen will host a week-long marathon of the hit 90s ABC sitcom, Home Improvement!
Tim Allen stars as Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor, a loving (and wisecracking) husband and father who spends his days as the accident-prone host of the popular television show “Tool Time.” The humorous dynamic of Tim and his “Tool Time” co-star Al, combined with the family dynamic of Tim, his wife and three sons, makes this one of America's favorite comedies.

Monday 9p-1a, encores 1-5a
#079 (P)
#071 (P)
#033 (P)
#030 (P)
#037 (P)
#046 (P)
#048 (P)
#056 (P)

Tuesday 9p-1a, encores 1-5a
#025 (P)
#029 (P)
#043 (P)
#040 (P)
#063 (P)
#074 (P)
#078 (P)
#042 (P)

Wednesday 9p-1a, encores 1-5a
#014 (P)
#064 (P)
#059 (P)
#065 (P)
#102 (P)
#096 (P)
#073 (P)
#091 (P)

Thursday 9p-1a, encores 1-5a
#028 (P)
#018 (P)
#051 (P)
#067 (P)
#090 (P)
#098 (P)
#099 (P)
#108 (P)

Friday 10p-1:30a, encores 1:30-5a
#089 (P)
#116 (P)
#039 (P)
#048 (R)
#075 (P)
#026 (P)
#038 (P)

Saturday 10p-1:30a, encores 1:30-5a
#115 (P)
#081 (P)
#076 (P)
#047 (P)
#057 (P)
#093 (P)
#103 (P)

Sunday 9p-1a, encores 1-5a
#198 (P)
#087 (P)
#027 (P)
#034 (P)
#041 (P)
#054 (P)
#086 (P)
#068 (P)

- George Lopez
Premieres Monday, September 10, 2007 on Nick at Nite!
Sun-Thurs 10-11pm and Fri-Sat 11pm-12am!
George Lopez is just coming off a successful six season run on ABC and is a hilarious family sitcom that will fit right into Nick at Nite's family of comedies.
George Lopez is a guy who has made lemonade from lemons at every turn. Since he got promoted from assembly line worker to plant manager at an L.A. airplane parts factory, George has handled a complicated and tumultuous job – including mergers, vandals and even a Presidential visit -- with his sense of humor intact. Though his affable and loyal friend and leader, Ernie, and former compadres on the floor consider him a buddy, they continue to rib him and have their fun with his new found position of power.
Dealing with his tough and acerbic but loving mother, Benny, while sifting through her vast assortment of lies about his childhood, and maintaining a civil relationship presents a constant challenge, both at work and at home.
Fortunately George's devoted wife, Angie, possesses the patience of a saint and copes surprisingly well with Benny's questionable behavior and insensitive wisecracks, and with George's freewheeling approach to parenthood. Her recent success as a cosmetics salesperson and her drive to pursue a new, more stimulating career tries George's patience, but in the end makes him love and rely upon her that much more.
George and Angie's twelve-year-old son, Max, is dyslexic and a sarcastic ball of energy, while their 15-year-old daughter, Carmen, struggles against her parents to assert her own independence while dealing with self esteem problems and the tribulations of being a teenage high school girl.
George is further tested daily by the arrival of his newly divorced father-in-law, Vic.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 09-08-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

"Home Improvement" and "George Lopez" Join the Nick at Nite Fall Line-Up

Home Improvement Premieres Monday, September 3 With A Week-Long Marathon Kicking Off On Premiere Night From 9 PM - 5 AM (ET/PT),

Followed By George Lopez Premiering Monday, September 10 At 10 PM (ET/PT)

NEW YORK, Aug. 21 -- This September, Nick at Nite brings two of America's favorite family comedies to living rooms across the country when award-winning series, Home Improvement and George Lopez join the networks' Fall line-up. Home Improvement, starring America's #1 family movie star Tim Allen, premieres with a seven-day marathon on Monday, September 3 running through Sunday, September 9 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. (ET/PT). Tim Allen will host the week-long marathon for one-hour every evening from 9-10 p.m. offering viewers a look at his favorite episodes with anecdotes from behind-the-scenes of the celebrated series. George Lopez, starring famed comedian George Lopez, promptly follows the week after, premiering Monday, September 10, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT). Nick at Nite will become home to the complete eight season (203 episodes) library of Home Improvement and the complete six season (120 episodes) library of George Lopez.

Home Improvement is considered one of America's funniest television shows garnering many distinguished awards throughout its eight-year run. Based on the stand-up comedy of Tim Allen, Home Improvement made its debut in 1991 and was one of the highest-rated sitcoms for almost the entire decade. The series centers on the antics of the Taylor family, which, along with Tim, included his psychologist wife Jill (Patricia Richardson) and their three mischievous sons: the popular and athletic Brad (Zachary Ty Bryan), comedian and intellectual Randy (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) and the socially awkward youngest son, Mark (Taran Noah Smith). The series focuses on Tim's job as a television personality on his own home improvement show, called Tool Time, with Tim as the host of this show-within-a-show. Tim was joined by his friend and mild-mannered assistant Al Borland (Richard Karn), and a "Tool Time Girl" -- first Lisa (Pamela Anderson) and later Heidi (Debbie Dunning) -- who assisted the pair on the show. Although an excellent salesman and TV personality, Tim was spectacularly accident-prone as a handyman, often causing hilarious disasters on and off the set to the consternation of his co-workers and family. Many of Tim's accidents were caused by his devices designed in application of his mantra, "More power!" Throughout the years, many "special guests" made "cameo" appearances on Tool Time including race car drivers Michael and Mario Andretti, actress and model Jenny McCarthy, country artist Alan Jackson, late night television host, Jay Leno and former President Jimmy Carter. Legendary carpenter and TV personality, Bob Vila has also appeared on several episodes of Tool Time, with Tim seeing him as a rival home improvement host. Created by Matt Williams, David McFadzean and Carmen Finestra, "Home Improvement" was produced by Wind Dancer Production Group in association with ABC Studios (formerly Touchstone Television) and is distributed by Disney-ABC Domestic Television.

The award-winning Warner Bros. Television series George Lopez has become one of America's most-loved family comedies and is the second-longest-running sitcom in television history to star Hispanic actors, after I Love Lucy. The series originally debuted on ABC in 2002 and stars popular stand-up comic George Lopez as a plant manager at a Los Angeles airplane parts factory. George handles his complicated and tumultuous job with his sense of humor intact, though at times his affable and loyal 'compadres' on the floor continue to have their fun with him and his new found position of power. At home, George deals with his tough and acerbic but loving mother, Benny (Belita Moreno), and her vast assortment of lies about his childhood. Fortunately George's devoted wife, Angie (Constance Marie), possesses the patience of a saint and copes surprisingly well with Benny's questionable behavior and insensitive wisecracks, and with George's freewheeling approach to parenthood. George and Angie's dyslexic 12-year-old son, Max (Luis Armand Garcia), is a sarcastic ball of energy, while their 15-year-old daughter, Carmen (Masiela Lusha), struggles against her parents to assert her own independence while dealing with self-esteem problems and the tribulations of being a teenage high school girl. George is further tested daily by the arrival of his newly divorced father-in-law, Vic (Emiliano Diez). The executive producers of The Drew Carey Show -- Bruce Helford, Academy Award(R) winner Deborah Oppenheimer and Robert Borden -- team up with superstar actress/producer Sandra Bullock (Miss Congeniality, 28 Days, Speed) for this comedy loosely based on Lopez's own experiences as a Mexican-American native of Los Angeles. George Lopez is produced by Fortis Films, Mohawk Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television. Lopez, David A. Caplan, Paul A. Kaplan and Mark Torgove also serve as executive producers.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Open sesame!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
Chelsea
Semi-retired
Forum Veteran

Wow, Roseanne only once a night and not at all Fri/Sat?! Full House not airing until 4 AM on weekdays and not at all Sat/Sun? A full six shows on the normal schedule plus another 3 + Original Series in the 5 AM Rotation of Doom? Holy schedule diversity, Batman.

I give George Lopez a month before it's down to once per night and Roseanne's back in full force. I just don't see it completely clicking with N@N's audience. Home Improvment on the other hand I expect to do VERY well.
Former Seth, 1986-2015
For questions, comments, troubleshooting, or forum help, please PM TJ.
Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #5
tbswatcher
Frequent Poster

Well at least Home Improvement is on at a good time but still tons of Fresh Prince but, where's AFV I like that show.
tbswatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

I think it's a little too early for double airings of Home Improvement and George Lopez. Give the shows a chance to gain an audience first, and I'm not pleased to see the cosby show coming on in the middle of the night but I am glad to see Roseanne off the primetime schedule
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
USATVFAN
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalyzer
I think it's a little too early for double airings of Home Improvement and George Lopez. Give the shows a chance to gain an audience first, and I'm not pleased to see the cosby show coming on in the middle of the night but I am glad to see Roseanne off the primetime schedule
don't expect Roseanne to be late night for long if George Lopez Fail Roseanne Will Take It Place
USATVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #8
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!
Forum Veteran

Are you fricken kidding me? What the hell kind of a crap schedule is this? I knew it wasn't gonna be great, but this is complete crap. We're getting 5 airings of Home Improvement every night, 4 of George Lopez, 4 of Fresh Prince, and then one of each Roseanne, Cosby, and Full House. Then, we get 4 shows sharing one timeslot? Murphy Brown is almost getting played as much as Roseanne and Cosby, which used to be NAN's 2 most popular shows at one point. If I knew this is the treatment they were gonna get, they might as well just ended the contracts right then and there. So, I'm guessing both contracts for R and FH are renewed?

Nextly, Full House is getting played even more than Roseanne and Cosby are, when I thought Full House was now struggling for the network. They tried airing Full House early in the morning before, and it didn't work, so why try it again? And, we get 6 airings of HI every Friday AND Saturday? What the hell is that?

By the middle of October, I'd say a whole different schedule will be in effect. George Lopez will take place of Roseanne, Roseanne will take place of George Lopez, and Cosby will probably be off altogether. There is one nice thing about this schedule, though. We actually get less Fresh Prince.

And, I'm sorry if it seems like all Im doing is complaining. I'm a big supporter of this network, and I enjoy watching all their shows, no matter how much they air them, but this is just crap. All you can do is complain after looking at this.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #9
Adamantium
TVAdam No More
Forum Veteran

I'm sick of turning past N@N and ONLY seeing Fresh Prince, Roseanne and/or Cosby. So this new schedule is a welcomed change. I'm not a fan of "George Lopez" but at least it's something different. I don't know how long this lineup will last before shows start replacing other shows. But, like I say, at least it's different.
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #10
clj2
Forum 3K Club Member

So - I guess it's almost safe to say Roseanne and FH won't be renewed at the end of September? Why would they even spend the money if they're airing so little and apparently don't get very good ratings?

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #11
JulieSomoski
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Land Fan
So - I guess it's almost safe to say Roseanne and FH won't be renewed at the end of September? Why would they even spend the money if they're airing so little and apparently don't get very good ratings?
That question is still unaswered. I would still expect Roseanen to be renewed and Full House to not be renewed. That way, if George fails, they still have Roseanne to fall back on.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #12
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

I like it. It is a big improvement of shows. Home Improvement and George Lopez are decent shows. All that needs to air more is Cosby Show, but that will air on TV Land anyway. Roseanne and FP being cut a bit is good news.

FH and Roseanne expire at the end of the month. Renewal news likely won't be known until the October thread, but most likely BOTH will be renewed.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:04 PM   #13
JulieSomoski
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
I like it. It is a big improvement of shows. Home Improvement and George Lopez are decent shows. All that needs to air more is Cosby Show, but that will air on TV Land anyway. Roseanne and FP being cut a bit is good news.

FH and Roseanne expire at the end of the month. Renewal news likely won't be known until the October thread, but most likely BOTH will be renewed.
I agree, both shows are a nice change, but why do they have to air so much of them already? They haven't even aired on the network yet and already are just as bad as Fresh Prince. It is good FP is being cut a bit, but Roseanne is not being cut a bit. It's being cut a lot.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:07 PM   #14
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Nick at Nite is big on both new shows. They think they will do very well. I have a good feeling about both of them, too, especially HI. They both are in the same league as Fresh Prince, Cosby Show, Roseanne because of the family aspect. Growing Pains was the only one that didn't work, but I knew that wouldn't because it was too old for the network. If that had launched, say 2-3 years earlier, it would have worked.

As for Roseanne, it is in its last month of its current contract. Low plays could be a culprit. If you see it on more in October (if renewed), then that is the reason.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:13 PM   #15
JulieSomoski
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Nick at Nite is big on both new shows. They think they will do very well. I have a good feeling about both of them, too, especially HI. They both are in the same league as Fresh Prince, Cosby Show, Roseanne because of the family aspect. Growing Pains was the only one that didn't work, but I knew that wouldn't because it was too old for the network. If that had launched, say 2-3 years earlier, it would have worked.

As for Roseanne, it is in its last month of its current contract. Low plays could be a culprit. If you see it on more in October (if renewed), then that is the reason.
I didn't even think of low airplays for Roseanne. Thanks for that. I'm hoping that's the big reason. Even if it was, you'd think they'd air it a bit more than they are. It still has done well for them lately, and it still was the second highest rated show for the network.

I'm almost certain HI will do well, considering it has on other networks and on DVD, but I have myd doubts about George Lopez. Since it's on at 10pm, I won't watch much, since it's on the same time as Wonder Years on ION.