Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Married with Children links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Married with Children Photo Gallery

Married with Children - The Complete First Season

Buy Married with Children - The Complete First Season on DVD
Married with Children - The Complete Second Season

Buy Married with Children - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Married with Children - The Complete Third Season

Buy Married with Children - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Married with Children - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Married with Children - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Married with Children - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Married with Children - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Married with Children - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Married with Children - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Married with Children - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Married with Children - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Married with Children - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Married with Children - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Married with Children - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Married with Children - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
Married with Children - The Complete Tenth Season

Buy Married with Children - The Complete Tenth Season on DVD
Married with Children - The Complete Eleventh Season

Buy Married with Children - The Complete Eleventh Season on DVD
Married with Children - The Complete Series

Buy Married with Children - The Complete Series on DVD
Married with Children - Season One (Mill Creek)

Buy Married with Children - Season One (Mill Creek) on DVD
Married with Children - Season Two (Mill Creek)

Buy Married with Children - Season Two (Mill Creek) on DVD
Married with Children - Seasons One and Two (Mill Creek)

Buy Married with Children - Seasons One and Two (Mill Creek) on DVD
Married with Children - Seasons Three and Four (Mill Creek)

Buy Married with Children - Seasons Three and Four (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Married with Children

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Acquires Young Sheldon; Simpsons Now Available in Original Aspect Ratio on Disney+
Fri-Yay: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Continues to Delight and Improve; Remembering Richard Herd of Seinfeld
Apple TV+ to Reboot Fraggle Rock as Series; Virtual Table Read for Bless the Harts on June 1
2021 Programming Set for FX; Hollywood Game Night Returns for 5 Episodes
FX Orders 3rd Season of Comedy; Adult Swim Brings Back Haddish and Wong Series
Memorial Day 2020 TV Marathons
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 25, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March/April/May)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
zypherix
Forum Regular

Default Married... With Children: DVD edits

As most of you know, almost everyone of the Married with Children DVDs are edited in one way or another, most noticable are the syndicated prints on some of the Season Four sets. There are way more edits though, and I intend to list all (or most) of them here.

SEASON ONE:
S01E07 "Married... Without Children"
A song had to be replaced in this episode, this is the only edit in season one, no missing video footage.

SEASON TWO:
S02E06/07 "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
When this episode originally aired as a one-hour long episode it had some footage that was cut out when seperated into two episodes. No footage from the seperate episodes are cut out on DVD.

SEASON THREE:
Season three had (to my knowledge) no footage left out, but the theme song "Love and Marriage" was replaced with an instrumental version.

SEASON FOUR:
Season four really suffered the results of the instrumental theme song. Sony had to use syndicated master prints of a few episodes to replace the theme song. However, Sony Germany took the time to get the original masters, replace the theme song, and as a result, the german DVD set of season four, entitled "Ein Screcklich Nette Familie - Vierte Staffel", does indeed feature these seven episodes in their full length, albeit with replaced theme song.

The affected episodes are:

S04E02 "Dead Men Don't Do Aerobics"
S04E03 "Buck Saves the Day"
S04E10 "At the Zoo"
S04E15 "Rock and Roll Girl"
S04E16 "You Gotta Know When to Fold 'em, part 1"
S04E19 "Peggy Turns 300"
S04E21 "Raingirl"

"Raingirl" is featured unsyndicated and with original theme song on the "Most
Outrageous Episodes Volume 2" DVD which featured five episodes, and was released before the season sets.

Episode S04E12 "It's A Bundyful Life, part 2" is rumored to be edited on the DVD, but as I stated earlier about "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" from season two, this is another episode that has alternate footage when aired as a one-hour long episode. Sadly, this footage is not featured on the DVD, but can be found on the old VHS release "Its a Bundyful Life".

SEASON FIVE:
S05E14 "Look Who's Barking"
During the end credits you originally saw B.B. King playing a guitar, the DVD uses a freezeframe of him while the credits roll, yet you still hear him sing.

S05E17 "Oldies but Young'Uns"
Originally the song "Anna" was played during the end credits, but the DVD uses the theme song.

S05E22 "You Better Shop Around, part 2"
The flashback to the previous episode in the beginning is missing on the season set, yet it appears on the "Most Outrageous Episodes Volume 1" set, where the episode also has the original theme song.

SEASON SIX:

S06E03 "If Al Had a Hammer"
NOTE! On the season set this episode is unedited except for the changed theme song, but the "Most Outrageous Episodes Volume 2" set features a syndicated print of the episode.

S06E16 "Rites of Passage"
During the end credits you would see Sticky the Clown playing with a knife and a teddybear, the DVD uses a freezeframe while the theme song plays.

S06E19 "Psychic Avengers"
During the end credits you would see the Al and Peg monkeys sitting on the couch, the DVD uses a freezeframe of them looking at each other.

SEASON SEVEN:

S07E20 "Un-Alful Entry"
During the end credits you would see camera panning over the court room, and we see Kelly sitting there, she asks herself where her cheeseburger is. The DVD uses a freezeframe of her until she delivers the line, although you can still hear the audience giggling before we are supposed to see her.

S07E21 "Movie Show"
During the end credits the Bundys originally discussed the crew members, the DVD uses a freezeframe and the theme song playing meanwhile.

S07E24 "Old Insurance Dodge"
During the end credits Kelly calls up the car company to ask what car she can get for her 'G's and 'K's. DVD uses a freezeframe but you can hear the dialogue.

SEASON EIGHT:
S08E07 "Take My Wife, Please"
During the end credits the cast and the Village People are dancing to "YMCA", the DVD uses a freezeframe.

S08E16 "How Green Was my Apple"
During the end credits Al and Jefferson are fighting on the lawn for the apple, which Buck takes and walks away. The DVD uses a freezeframe and replaces the dialogue with the theme song.

S08E18 "Get Outta Dodge"
During the end credits we see Al driving the Dodge in the desert, the DVD uses a freezeframe.

S08E23 "Legend of Ironhead Haynes"
During the end credits we see Al walking into the garage and looting the hidden refrigerator, the DVD shows a freezeframe of him, and has the theme song playing.

S08E24 "Assault and Batteries"
During the end credits we see Al and Peg looking at the screen, trying to get their 3D-glasses to work. The DVD uses a freezeframe with theme song playing instead of the dialogue.

SEASON NINE:
Two episodes have freezeframe endings in season nine, but appearantly they are supposed to have, I haven't noticed any other edits during this season.

SEASON TEN:
S10E16 "Calendar Girl"
During the end credits Bud is watching a static TV screen, the noise is heard, but a freezeframe is used.

S10E22 "Enemies"
During the end credits Al and Henry are watching TV with binoculars, the DVD uses a freezeframe and has the theme song playing instead of dialogue.

S10E25 "Torch Song Duet"
During the end credits Marcy and the celebrity guest stars are interviewed on the radio, the DVD uses a freezeframe with the theme song playing instead of dialogue.

S10E26 "The Joke's on Al"
During the end credits Griff is sitting in the electric chair, and is being prepared for execution. The DVD uses a freezeframe with the theme song playing instead of dialogue.

SEASON ELEVEN:
No known edits other than switched themesong.

Last edited by zypherix; 05-11-2007 at 03:31 AM.
zypherix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
CHERISLAND
Forum Regular

Wow...thanks zypherix for such a thorough overview of the season sets that have already been released. I have been wondering for some time what exactly has and hasn't been edited out on the DVD releases.
Question. You mention that the German season 4 release is indeed complete and uncut. Would you happen to know if the Dutch version is like this as well?
I am considering getting this version, as it still has the front cover in English titles, to replace the region 1 set that I already have which you mention features those syndicated episodes. If it isn't then I will go with the german release.
Thanks again for taking the time to list all the edits you could find.
CHERISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:22 AM   #3
zypherix
Forum Regular

The dutch version, unfortunatly, is not unedited, and neither is the french release. German set is the way to go for season four
Old 05-10-2007, 02:36 AM   #4
TheBigTwo
Occasional Poster

Is there a reason to buy the German releases of 5 and 6 over the US versions? Are the edits the same?
TheBigTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:30 AM   #5
zypherix
Forum Regular

I would assume so, yes.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #6
floyd2006
Forum Regular

All these freeze frames kind of scare me. Does anyone know if the Dutch/French dvds do the freeze frames to?

My Youtube Channel
floyd2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:40 AM   #7
CHERISLAND
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2006
All these freeze frames kind of scare me. Does anyone know if the Dutch/French dvds do the freeze frames to?
The Dutch versions of 7,8,9 & 10 that I have do have some episodes that end with the freeze frame unfortunately as zypherix describes in the first post.
Do not know about the French versions.
CHERISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #8
zypherix
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERISLAND
The Dutch versions of 7,8,9 & 10 that I have do have some episodes that end with the freeze frame unfortunately as zypherix describes in the first post.
Do not know about the French versions.
These edits are on the french, dutch and german sets to my knowledge. The dutch and french sets are identical except the cover art, the german sets are almost identical except for the fourth season being unedited.