Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #106
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

How can there be reviews of Brothers and Sisters? ABC has not sent any screeners yet for the show. What people are talking about is the pilot that was shot earlier in the year, which is WAY different than the current pilot. I hope to get the pilot from ABC very soon.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:46 PM   #107
Raisingdad2004
Forum Regular

hmm, well maybe it is less dark/depressing but with a showrunner gone it doesn't look good.

The dark and depressing tone of the show hardly matches it with Desperate Housewives.
Raisingdad2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:47 PM   #108
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisingdad2004
http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/08/09/tr...s-and-sisters/

Problems on the set of Brothers and Sisters, showrunner down - can anybody say Commander in Chief?
Difference is it is not during the season. Plus the executive producer wasn't the creator of the show like Rod Lurie was.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #109
Raisingdad2004
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Difference is it is not during the season. Plus the executive producer wasn't the creator of the show like Rod Lurie was.
But still, with episodes scheduled and episodes to be made, its got to have some effect. Just because nothing has aired yet doesn't mean they don't have to have [x] episodes shot before [y] and that this will cause some delay. Maybe they won't be able to air the show without reruns until Christmas because of a backlog?

Switching showrunner, an integral part of the show, can never be easy.
Raisingdad2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #110
Brent88
Forum Celebrity

The fact that they had to make drastic changes to the pilot isn't good either... and 6 weeks before the season starts, it's still not avaliable for screening? No buzz + against an established hit + Football= Quick death. Plus no one's watching ABC this summer to see the promos anyway.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:01 PM   #111
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Until the pilot is screened, I can't really judge these changes. All hoopla trying to get a show canceled before it even airs. With the star cast it has, that alone, plus Desperate Housewives as its lead-in, the show could still do decent numbers. Ally fans will be watching I'm sure.
I don't think the quality of the episodes for Chief was the problem. Sure, Bocho made it more political, but I still saw the family fare in it. I think the big gap of repeats was the problem. I think it is better to have problems now then during the actual season when you can't replace it quick. If ABC is having production problems with the show, they can move another show, say Men in Trees, in its spot. But during the season that would be disastrous.

As for the promos, they have other ways to promote the show. Print, billboards, other Disney related channels (ESPN (though that wouldn't fit), ABC Family, SoapNet, and even Lifetime). Plus ABC Daytime has seen tons of promos for this show, Ugly Betty, Men in Trees and Six Degrees...as all are sort of soapy. ABC really started the creative promotions with the Lost bottles and DH laundry bags.

I just hope Secrets of a Small Town does get picked up for midseason. The pilot was awesome. I would air it Mondays at 9, with a preview episode after DH to get it started.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:22 AM   #112
Brent88
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
I just hope Secrets of a Small Town does get picked up for midseason. The pilot was awesome. I would air it Mondays at 9, with a preview episode after DH to get it started.
I really hope so too...
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #113
troopoleon8897
Let's Go!!

Send a message via AIM to troopoleon8897

Quote:
I think if B&S gets decent ratings move that to befor WAB? as they are both more drama ish shows and put SoaST after DH as they are both more soapish... plus only one airing after DH wouldn't help it as much as half a season after DH would for B&S seeing as mondays at 9:00 midseason is where all the comp is (24, Heroes, & TaaHM)

In each life some rain falls, but you also get some Sun...

My DVDs
troopoleon8897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:45 PM   #114
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

***SERIES PREMIERE DATE CHANGE***

NEW PREMIERE DATE ANNOUNCED FOR FUN AND SEXY ENSEMBLE

DRAMA ON ABC, “MEN IN TREES”

Series to Get Special Preview Tuesday, September 12

Before Settling in on Friday Night

“MEN IN TREES,” the new fun and sexy ensemble drama series about a famous thirtysomething self-help/dating guru whose quest for love and happiness takes her to a small town in Alaska, will get a special preview of the pilot episode, airing TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), following the season premiere of “Dancing with the Stars,” on the ABC Television Network. The series will premiere in its regular time slot, FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 15 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), following a replay of the pilot episode (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET).

“MEN IN TREES” had originally been scheduled to premiere on Friday, Sept. 22.

“A good man in today’s world isn’t as difficult as some women think. You just have to watch out for the signs. You wouldn’t drive with a blindfold on, but for some reason, women continue to date with one.” So native New Yorker Marin advises a crowd of her devoted fans. Marin thinks she has found her good man, her fiancé Graham, when she discovers, bound for a speaking engagement in Elmo, Alaska, that he has been cheating on her. Plans for the wedding come to a screeching halt. Coming to the conclusion that she doesn’t know anything about men, Marin resolves to stay temporarily in Elmo, where the ratio of women to men is ten to one, and get started on her new book – about men.

“MEN IN TREES” stars Anne Heche as Marin Frist, Abraham Benrubi as Ben, Emily Bergl as Annie, Seana Kofoed as Jane, Suleka Mathew as Sara, Derek Richardson as Patrick, Sarah Strange as Theresa, James Tupper as Jack and John Amos as Buzz.

“MEN IN TREES” was created by Jenny Bicks (“Sex and the City”). Bicks, James Mangold (“Walk the Line”) and Cathy Konrad are executive producers. The series is filmed in Vancouver, Canada and is from Tree Line Films, Perkins Street Productions and NS Pictures, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #115
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

There will be a one minute promo debuting during Grey's Anatomy this Thursday at 9pm for MEN IN TREES. Look for it early on in the first half hour or so.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #116
Mr. Monitor
Frequent Poster

Not a big ABC fan but I'll check out Day Break.
Mr. Monitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:10 PM   #117
Brent88
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
There will be a one minute promo debuting during Grey's Anatomy this Thursday at 9pm for MEN IN TREES. Look for it early on in the first half hour or so.
ABC has the best promos... the DH one with all the women doing things related to their character is just so unbelievably awesome and the one I saw Friday Night with Betty/Grey's/Six Degrees was great too.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #118
Buffyboy323
Forum Veteran

Is LOST @ 8 or 9? I heard they were bringing it back to their original timeslot.
Buffyboy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:27 PM   #119
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Yeah, that DH one was awesome. I also liked the ABC "LOL" commercial that aired tonight featuring Betty, Knights of Prosperity and Help Me Help You (see that again tomorrow during the 8:30 George Lopez)! I saw the Thursday one you mentioned Brent, liked it too. Also, saw a music video type promo for GA.

Lost is Wednesdays at 9 starting October 4.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:12 PM   #120
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

ABC has added two fall preview specials for primetime now for air 9-10pm on Wednesday, September 13. First half hour showcases the dramas and the second half hour showcases the sitcoms and reality series:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...o-tbs-and.html