Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Alice (Sitcoms Online) / Alice links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Alice Photo Gallery / Flo Message Board / Flo Photo Gallery


Alice - The Complete First Season

Buy Alice - The Complete First Season on DVD
Alice - The Complete Second Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Alice - The Complete Third Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Alice - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Alice - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Alice - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Alice - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Alice - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Alice - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
Alice - Television Favorites

Buy Alice - Television Favorites on DVD
Flo - The Complete Series

Buy Flo - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Alice

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
tbriscoe
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 26, 2005
Posts: 63
Question ALICE on DVD

In 2006, Warner Home Video is releasing a compilation dvd containing 6 episodes. If the compilation sells well, WHV will release complete seasons of "Alice."
For the compilation, what episodes would you most like to see?
Do you have a list of your top 10 favorites?
tbriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
JeffRuss1972
70s Sitcoms Rule!!!
Senior Member
 
JeffRuss1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 11, 2005
Location: Villa Rica, GA
Posts: 1,257
Default

Where did you hear this information? I hope it's true. It'll be cool to see ALICE again. From the eps I remember, these were my top 20:

1.PILOT episode(1976)
Alice gets her hopes up to be a big star when a talent agent comes to
town. (1st episode of series)

2.Goodnight, Sweet Vera (1976)
Alice and Flo try to keep Vera from O'Ding on sleeping pills.

3.The Odd Couple (1977)
Flo's trailer is stolen, and Alice has the heart to let her stay at her house
for a spell. The spell is broken when Alice finds out that Flo is an all-out
slob and has unwelcomed visitors (Flo's latest boyfriend, not roaches).

4.Close Encounters of the Worst Kind (1978)
Hostility rages at Mel's after the workers decide to vent their petty
grievances.

5.The Star in the Storeroom (1978)
Because she once baby-sat Jerry Reed, Flo is hounded for tickets to the
singer's concert. Jerry plays himself.

6.Take Him, He's Yours (1978)
Alice takes Mel up on his boast that he can raise her son better than she.

7.Vera's Popcorn Romance (1978)
Vera meets a new boyfriend at the movies, but refuses to bring him to
the diner.

8.The Fourth Time Around (1978)
Flo and Mel's brother (Carmine Caridi) decide to take a chance at
marriage even though it's the fourth time for each

9.What Happened to the Class of '78? (1978)
Flo's night life interferes with her night-school studies.

10.Mona Lisa Alice (1979)
Alice's sour reaction to Tommy's matchmaking efforts threatens Mel's new
promotional gimmick which is free meals to customers if his waitresses
don't smile.

11.Cabin Fever (1979)
Mel, his girlfriend and the waitresses spend the weekend packed like
sardines in a fishing cabin.

12.Good Buddy Flo (1980)
Flo takes the wheel herself when she learns that her trucker beau has a
female partner.

13.Alice in TV Land (1980)
Tommy stirs up trouble by candidly discussing his elders on a TV talk show.

14.Alice Beats the Clock (1980)
Mel installs a time clock which prompts the waitresses to demand
overtime for the Sunday cleanup they used to do for nothing.

15.Flo's Farewell (1980)
A wealthy Houston restaurateur offers Flo a job she finds hard to refuse.

16.The Jerry Reed Fish Story (1981)
The waitresses cut up a huge fish they find in the refrigerator, unaware
that singer Jerry Reed had left it there until he could have it stuffed.

17.The Great Escape (1981)
A trucker chooses Mel's Diner as the place to tell her amorous driving
partner to hit the road.

18.Who's Kissing the Great Chef of Phoenix? (1981)
Mel suddenly takes a romantic interest in Vera, who doesn't realize it's
just a ploy to make his girlfriend, Marie, jealous.

19.Mel Is Hogg-Tied (1983)
Boss Hogg and Deputy Enos of "The Dukes of Hazzard" pay a surprise
visit. Up to his usual low tricks, Boss makes an offer to lease the diner
that Mel can't refuse but should.

20.Th-th-th-That's All, Folks (1985)
On the final day at the diner, Mel closes the blinds and gives away the
cow creamers as the gang reminisces about the last nine years.
__________________
Previously JalanRuss for a SHORT time, but got my OLD Username Back! Hello Again
JeffRuss1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:08 PM   #3
jeffersonsfan
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 19, 2005
Posts: 101
Default

Oh, I so hope that is true. I'll get 100 copies if they release the whole show on DVD.
jeffersonsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:04 PM   #4
tbriscoe
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 26, 2005
Posts: 63
Default ALICE on DVD

I know this is true because I've been working as a consultant with WHV for the past year, advising on compilations for Maverick, Cheyenne, Chico and the Man, The Dukes of Hazzard, F Troop, Gilligan's Island; Friends - weddings/holidays/Thanksgivings/birthdays/"best of" each character; Family Matters, The Drew Carey Show and more.
So far for 2006, WHV is doing compilations for Alice, Step by Step & Night Court; more to come, I'm sure.
tbriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #5
tbriscoe
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 26, 2005
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRuss1972
Where did you hear this information? I hope it's true. It'll be cool to see ALICE again. From the eps I remember, these were my top 20:

1.PILOT episode(1976)
Alice gets her hopes up to be a big star when a talent agent comes to
town. (1st episode of series)

2.Goodnight, Sweet Vera (1976)
Alice and Flo try to keep Vera from O'Ding on sleeping pills.

3.The Odd Couple (1977)
Flo's trailer is stolen, and Alice has the heart to let her stay at her house
for a spell. The spell is broken when Alice finds out that Flo is an all-out
slob and has unwelcomed visitors (Flo's latest boyfriend, not roaches).

4.Close Encounters of the Worst Kind (1978)
Hostility rages at Mel's after the workers decide to vent their petty
grievances.

5.The Star in the Storeroom (1978)
Because she once baby-sat Jerry Reed, Flo is hounded for tickets to the
singer's concert. Jerry plays himself.

6.Take Him, He's Yours (1978)
Alice takes Mel up on his boast that he can raise her son better than she.

7.Vera's Popcorn Romance (1978)
Vera meets a new boyfriend at the movies, but refuses to bring him to
the diner.

8.The Fourth Time Around (1978)
Flo and Mel's brother (Carmine Caridi) decide to take a chance at
marriage even though it's the fourth time for each

9.What Happened to the Class of '78? (1978)
Flo's night life interferes with her night-school studies.

10.Mona Lisa Alice (1979)
Alice's sour reaction to Tommy's matchmaking efforts threatens Mel's new
promotional gimmick which is free meals to customers if his waitresses
don't smile.

11.Cabin Fever (1979)
Mel, his girlfriend and the waitresses spend the weekend packed like
sardines in a fishing cabin.

12.Good Buddy Flo (1980)
Flo takes the wheel herself when she learns that her trucker beau has a
female partner.

13.Alice in TV Land (1980)
Tommy stirs up trouble by candidly discussing his elders on a TV talk show.

14.Alice Beats the Clock (1980)
Mel installs a time clock which prompts the waitresses to demand
overtime for the Sunday cleanup they used to do for nothing.

15.Flo's Farewell (1980)
A wealthy Houston restaurateur offers Flo a job she finds hard to refuse.

16.The Jerry Reed Fish Story (1981)
The waitresses cut up a huge fish they find in the refrigerator, unaware
that singer Jerry Reed had left it there until he could have it stuffed.

17.The Great Escape (1981)
A trucker chooses Mel's Diner as the place to tell her amorous driving
partner to hit the road.

18.Who's Kissing the Great Chef of Phoenix? (1981)
Mel suddenly takes a romantic interest in Vera, who doesn't realize it's
just a ploy to make his girlfriend, Marie, jealous.

19.Mel Is Hogg-Tied (1983)
Boss Hogg and Deputy Enos of "The Dukes of Hazzard" pay a surprise
visit. Up to his usual low tricks, Boss makes an offer to lease the diner
that Mel can't refuse but should.

20.Th-th-th-That's All, Folks (1985)
On the final day at the diner, Mel closes the blinds and gives away the
cow creamers as the gang reminisces about the last nine years.
Hey Jeff,
Thanks for your list! Anyone else want to have a say in which episodes go on the compilation DVD? Just let me know what your favorites are?
Thanks
tbriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:24 PM   #6
seventies_sitcoms
*
Senior Member
 
seventies_sitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2005
Posts: 2,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbriscoe
Hey Jeff,
Thanks for your list! Anyone else want to have a say in which episodes go on the compilation DVD? Just let me know what your favorites are?
Thanks
I always liked the episode where the girls have to smile all day or the customer gets their meal free, and everybody starts to get on each other's nerves. "Smile or it is a freebie!"

I also like the one where the girls have to give up something they like for some reason. Flo gives up coffee, Alice gives up chocolate, and Vera gives up cigarettes. I don't know the episode titles..

I do like the episodes about Flo's trailer being taken and the one where Flo drives the mack truck into the diner. I hope they make it.
seventies_sitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #7
seventies_sitcoms
*
Senior Member
 
seventies_sitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2005
Posts: 2,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbriscoe
I know this is true because I've been working as a consultant with WHV for the past year, advising on compilations for Maverick, Cheyenne, Chico and the Man, The Dukes of Hazzard, F Troop, Gilligan's Island; Friends - weddings/holidays/Thanksgivings/birthdays/"best of" each character; Family Matters, The Drew Carey Show and more.
So far for 2006, WHV is doing compilations for Alice, Step by Step & Night Court; more to come, I'm sure.
I would like to suggest "Flo" for a DVD release if I may. I know there were only 13 episodes or something like that, but other studios have release one season sitcoms. I believe Flo would actually sell more than what people would think. I know I would buy a set. I last saw it when I was 10 years old during its original primetime run.
seventies_sitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:05 PM   #8
tbriscoe
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 26, 2005
Posts: 63
Default

I'll pass on your suggestion to WHV. Thanks for your input!
tbriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:39 PM   #9
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon
 
Pavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17, 2000
Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Posts: 26,359
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default

We did a story on this for our news blog. Please all Alice fans post your top 10 episodes on this thread. You can make a difference. http://sitcomsonline.blogspot.com

Thanks to Tim from WHV for selecting us!
__________________
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog -- The best news out there!
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:14 PM   #10
JoshB80
Member
Occasional Poster
 
JoshB80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07, 2004
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 81
Default

I can't give any specific episodes that I'd like to see, since it has been so long. But I am definitely in line to pick up this set of Alice shows, not matter what they may be.

(Where do I sign?)
JoshB80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:34 PM   #11
seventies_sitcoms
*
Senior Member
 
seventies_sitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2005
Posts: 2,241
Default

I can think of a few more episodes I like.

There was the episode where the food critic (Victor Buono I think) dies while eating Mel's chili.

The episode with Kaye Ballard being exposed as a fake psychic by Alice.
seventies_sitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:39 PM   #12
jeffersonsfan
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 19, 2005
Posts: 101
Default

33. A Semi-Merry Christmas - Alice and friends are snowbound en route to her cousin's for Christmas.

35. The Eyes of Texas - Flo's vanity keeps her from getting the eyeglasses she obviously needs.

41. Florence of Arabia - Flo is courted by a rich Arab (Richard Libertini) who, unknown to her, already has three wives.

44. Don't Lock Now - Mel wants to know who's stealing food and making long-distance phone calls from the diner.

9. Good Night Sweet Vera - Alice and Flo try to keep Vera from O'Ding on sleeping pills.

53. Block Those Kicks - The diner personnel try to kick their bad habits.

90. Flo's Farewell - A wealthy Houston restaurateur offers Flo a job she finds hard to refuse.

97. Mel and the Green Machine - An automated bank teller accidentally spews out $24,675 to an astonished but delighted Mel.

106. Alice Locks Belle Out - As the new manager of her apartment building, Alice has the unenviable task of locking out a delinquent fellow tenant, Belle.

107. Vera Goes Out On a Limb - Vera goes out on a limb to save a century old tree in front of the diner from being cut down for a road-widening project.
jeffersonsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:50 PM   #13
tbriscoe
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 26, 2005
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersonsfan
33. A Semi-Merry Christmas - Alice and friends are snowbound en route to her cousin's for Christmas.

35. The Eyes of Texas - Flo's vanity keeps her from getting the eyeglasses she obviously needs.

41. Florence of Arabia - Flo is courted by a rich Arab (Richard Libertini) who, unknown to her, already has three wives.

44. Don't Lock Now - Mel wants to know who's stealing food and making long-distance phone calls from the diner.

9. Good Night Sweet Vera - Alice and Flo try to keep Vera from O'Ding on sleeping pills.

53. Block Those Kicks - The diner personnel try to kick their bad habits.

90. Flo's Farewell - A wealthy Houston restaurateur offers Flo a job she finds hard to refuse.

97. Mel and the Green Machine - An automated bank teller accidentally spews out $24,675 to an astonished but delighted Mel.

106. Alice Locks Belle Out - As the new manager of her apartment building, Alice has the unenviable task of locking out a delinquent fellow tenant, Belle.

107. Vera Goes Out On a Limb - Vera goes out on a limb to save a century old tree in front of the diner from being cut down for a road-widening project.
Thanks for taking the time to add your top 10!
tbriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #14
tbriscoe
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 26, 2005
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventies_sitcoms
I always liked the episode where the girls have to smile all day or the customer gets their meal free, and everybody starts to get on each other's nerves. "Smile or it is a freebie!"

I also like the one where the girls have to give up something they like for some reason. Flo gives up coffee, Alice gives up chocolate, and Vera gives up cigarettes. I don't know the episode titles..

I do like the episodes about Flo's trailer being taken and the one where Flo drives the mack truck into the diner. I hope they make it.
Thanks for recommending "Mona Lisa Alice," "Block Those Kicks," "The Odd Couple" and "Good Buddy Flo."
tbriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:37 PM   #15
tbriscoe
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 26, 2005
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventies_sitcoms
I can think of a few more episodes I like.

There was the episode where the food critic (Victor Buono I think) dies while eating Mel's chili.

The episode with Kaye Ballard being exposed as a fake psychic by Alice.
Thanks for recommending "The Last Review" and "The Hex."
tbriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.