Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-03-2005, 06:36 PM   #31
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Legend

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelda
My question never got answered. Well -- will GP be captioned or not?? Yes or no?
Not sure, probably.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:41 PM   #32
PZelda
Two Valeries! <3
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Not sure, probably.
That's alright. I'll find out when it's nearly time for GP to air.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:09 PM   #33
Christopher
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelda
That's alright. I'll find out when it's nearly time for GP to air.

I think they will if they caption everything else. If The Golden Girls is closed-captioned, then there is no reason why The Golden Palace shouldn't.

I'll be recording this show since it maybe our last chance to see it again. I was hoping Lifetime would have added it on to The Golden Girls run since this is basically part of GG.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:24 PM   #34
Dean Winchester
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher
I think they will if they caption everything else. If The Golden Girls is closed-captioned, then there is no reason why The Golden Palace shouldn't.

I'll be recording this show since it maybe our last chance to see it again. I was hoping Lifetime would have added it on to The Golden Girls run since this is basically part of GG.
I think there could be a possibility that Buena Vista will release Golden Palace after season 7 of GG, but of course, that's probably three years away
Dean Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:03 AM   #35
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Legend

Default The Golden Palace on August 1Through September 16

It is going to be good to see The Golden Palace on Lifetime Network.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:19 PM   #36
FrankieKaufman
Occasional Poster

I'm so glad to hear that they will finally be airing Golden Palace. I'm such a huge fan of Golden Girls and I never watched an episode of GP. My TiVo will be full of nothing but Golden Palace!!!!
FrankieKaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #37
jayman75
I Love the 80s!

Send a message via Yahoo to jayman75
Default It's official!!!

Lifetime Press has made it public!!

Go to: http://www.lifetimepress.com/cgi/sch...network=ltv#01 and scroll down to 6:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.

Good stuff!!!

The Wonder Years, Burns and Allen, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Are You Being Served?,
Family Guy, South Park, Designing Women, The Golden Girls,
Dallas, The Facts of Life, Roseanne, Will and Grace,
The Twilight Zone, Original Scooby-Doo, Murphy Brown, The Big Bang Theory...

Talk to me about one of these shows, and I'm all yours...
jayman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:32 PM   #38
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Legend

If any non-believers didn't believe me WELL over a month ago, here is the press release:

“THE GOLDEN GIRLS” FANS REJOICE!
LIFETIME TELEVISION PREMIERES THE CONTINUING ADVENTURES OF THOSE WACKY SEPTUAGENARIANS IN “THE GOLDEN PALACE,”
BEGINNING MONDAY, AUGUST 1 AT 6:30PM AND 11:30PM

-- Sitcom Also Starred Oscar-Nominee Don Cheadle & Comedian Cheech Marin --

July 11, 2005 -- NEW YORK – So what happened after Dorothy (Bea Arthur) married Blanche’s (Rue McClanahan) Uncle Lucas (Leslie Nielsen) in the final episode of The Golden Girls? Looking for a good investment, Blanche, Rose (Betty White) and Sophia (Estelle Getty) put their money into a failing Miami Beach hotel called The Golden Palace, a sitcom that Lifetime is bringing to its viewers for the very first time.
The Golden Palace joins the Lifetime schedule Mondays-Fridays beginning Monday, August 1 at 6:30PM (ET/PT) and 11PM (ET/PT). The Golden Girls airs at 6PM (ET/PT) and 11:30PM (ET/PT).
The half hour The Golden Palace also starred 2005 Oscar-nominee Don Cheadle (“Hotel Rwanda”) in his first-ever television series, along with comedian Cheech Marin (of “Cheech & Chong” fame) as members of The Golden Palace staff.
When ‘The Three Golden Girls’ learn their new hotel hasn’t any staff and wasn’t generating any profits, they’re forced to abandon their dreams of easy retirement and move in as part of a full-time staff. Stories revolve around the problems the new owners have keeping The Golden Palace afloat and the assorted loony guests who drift in and out.
The Golden Palace ran on CBS from September 1992-August 1993, airing Fridays at 8PM (ET/PT).
LIFETIME is the leader in women's television and one of the top-rated basic cable television networks. A diverse, multi-media company, LIFETIME is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. Launched in 1984, LIFETIME serves 88 million households nationwide. In 1998, LIFETIME launched Lifetime Movie Network, now in more than 44 million homes, and in 2001, Lifetime Real Women. LIFETIME Television, Lifetime Movie Network, Lifetime Real Women, Lifetime Radio for Women, Lifetime Home Entertainment and Lifetime Online are part of LIFETIME Entertainment Services, a 50/50 joint venture of The Hearst Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:28 AM   #39
goldenboys
First Time Poster

<p>
does anyone in the forum have a dvd recorder? I was hoping someone can record all the eps..who knows if we'll ever see this on dvd..thanks!
goldenboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:26 PM   #40
PZelda
Two Valeries! <3
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher

It finally appeared on the Yahoo TV schedule WITH the CC denotation next to it, so I'm excited now!!
PZelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #41
Archie and Edith
Kerry's the best
Forum Regular

Default Correct Episode names for Golden Palace

What are the episode names to the episodes of "the Golden Palace"? I don't think the ones I saw listed on this one site (http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/9821/1goldpal.txt) are in the exact order compared with the ones that pavanbadal listed.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:51 PM   #42
GoldenFamilyTies
Por siempre tú

Send a message via AIM to GoldenFamilyTies

Does anyone know if it's going to be continuning at any time after September 16th?
GoldenFamilyTies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:07 PM   #43
Harper49
I Am A Member

Send a message via AIM to Harper49

No. Will and Grace is taking over next week.
Harper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #44
JAldridge86
Forum Regular

Did anyone happen to tape all the episodes Lifetime aired? I would love to somehow get my hands on some of these! (or the CBS versions even)
JAldridge86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:59 PM   #45
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Legend

Apparently after the last Golden Girls episode at 12-1am on December 13, they will show Golden Palace! Golden Palace returns for one rotation starting December 14. It looks like it will be added to the rotation after Golden Girls, at least the 12-1am weekday showing. Here is the schedule:

Title: The Golden Palace
Date/Time: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 at 12:00 am
Description:
The series' first episode opens with Blanche, Rose, and Sophia moving out of their old house. They buy a Miami Beach hotel called the Golden Palace, but they don't realize that the hotel is in debt. The ladies meet the hotel's few works, among them the manager Roland and the cook Chuy. Guest stars: Don Cheadle, Cheech Marin Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan and Lee Ryan.
Date/Time: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 at 12:30 am
Description:
Rose and a talk show make a deal - guests of the show can stay at the Golden Palace for free in exchange for a promotional considerations ad. But the first show is about soon-to-be-released killers. Guest stars: Bob Goldthwait, Gibby Brand Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Bob Goldthwait and Gibby Brand.
Date/Time: Thursday, December 15, 2005 at 12:00 am
Description:
Miles has been canceling his dates with Rose, and he hasn't even visited the Golden Palace since Rose, Blanche and Sophia bought it. When Blanche discovers Miles' name in the guest ledger, she and Roland come to the conclusion that Miles is cheating on Rose. Guest Stars: Harold Gould, Robert Beecher Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Harold Gould and Robert Beecher.
Date/Time: Thursday, December 15, 2005 at 12:30 am
Description:
A woman who has lost her mind causes trouble at the hotel. Rose wants to keep her safe until her family shows up. Sophia starts a Chinese delivery takeout business after learning that there's a Chinese restaurant that also goes by the name Golden Palace. Guest Stars: Margaret Cho, Anne Haney Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Margaret Cho and Ann Haney.
Date/Time: Friday, December 16, 2005 at 2:00 am
Description:
A convention of personal injury lawyers is staying at the hotel, and Rose has booked another group of people, the judges, causing the hotel to be overbooked. Rose suggests having a judge and a lawyer double up so all the guests can fit. Guest Stars: Robert Beecher, Gregory Sierra, Steve Hytner, Christopher Collins Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Robert Beecher, Christopher Collins, Steve Hytner and Gregory Sierra.
Date/Time: Monday, December 19, 2005 at 12:30 am
Description:
Blanche and Rose try to find a woman for Roland, but Blanche finds his ex-girlfriend, who Roland never wanted to see again. Guest Stars: Kim Fields, Monica Allison Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Kim Fields and Monica Allison.
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 at 12:00 am
Description:
After signing his final divorce papers, Chuy goes missing - only to arrive with a new bride, Beverly. Dorothy visits the hotel, and Rose, Sophia and Blanche fight over who will get stuck sharing a room with her. Guest Stars: Bea Arthur, Berlita Damas Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Beatrice Arthur and Bertila Damas.
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 at 12:30 am
Description:
After Sophia runs away, Dorothy, Blanche and Rose go to Shady Pines to bring her back home. Sophia must decide whether to stay at the Golden Palace hotel with Rose and Blanche or move to Atlanta with Dorothy and Lucas. Guest Stars: Bea Arthur, Bertila Damas, Carol Leifer, Miguel Sandoval, Jack Black Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Beatrice Arthur, Miguel Sandoval, Carol Leifer, Jack Black, Bertila Damas, Furley Lumpkin and Mark Kubr.
Date/Time: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 at 12:00 am
Description:
Vincent Vale, author of the self-help book Ready, Willing & able, is holding a seminar at the Golden Palace. Nick DeCarlo, a gigolo who is staying at the hotel, pays off his bill by working in the kitchen. Roland and Chuy attend Vale's self-help seminar. Blanche ends up falling for Nick, and Rose tries to discourage Blanche from the relationship. Guest Stars: Barry Bostwick, Phil Proctor Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Barry Bostwick and Phil Proctor.
Date/Time: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 at 12:30 am
Description:
Bill and Milton, two famous DJ's, are going to broadcast a show from The Golden Palace. Sophia wants Bill and Milton to perform practical jokes, and she suggests Rose as a victim. Guest Stars: Tim Conway, Harvey Corman, Ja'net DuBois Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Tim Conway, Ja'Net Dubois, Edward Penn, Bruce A. Young and Harvey Korman.
Date/Time: Thursday, December 22, 2005 at 12:00 am
Description:
Rose is angry when a man she knows is married checks in with his mistress as the Smiths. The Daughters of the Traditional South are coming to the hotel, and Roland is upset about it. Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle and Billy L. Sullivan.
Date/Time: Thursday, December 22, 2005 at 12:30 am
Description:
A woman named Fern wants to get married at the Golden Palace, and Rose has an idea for the wedding theme - cows. Roses's old boyfriend, Miles, who left her for another woman, has been calling her, and Rose thinks he wants to get back together. Guest Stars: Harold Gould, Nanette Fabray Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Harold Gould and Nanette Fabray.
Date/Time: Friday, December 23, 2005 at 2:00 am
Description:
The gang's about to celebrate its first Christmas together until Sophia books a therapy group who are traumatized about having bad things happen around Christmas. Rose is training Roland to become the perfect Santa for the orphanage. Guest Stars: Nick Toth, Susan Norfleet Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Susan Norfleet, Nick Toth and Isaac Ocampo.
Date/Time: Monday, December 26, 2005 at 12:30 am
Description:
Blanche is dating a man named Ernie Niles. Rose and Roland audition entertainers for the hotel's banker's daughter's birthday party. Blanche is supposed to help, but she neglects her responsibilities to be with Ernie. Guest Stars: Hansford Rowe, Joely Fisher, Charles Bouvier Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Billy L. Sullivan, Joely Fisher, Alexander Folk, Hansford Rowe, Charles Bouvier and David Jay Willis.
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 12:00 am
Description:
Taylor Michaels, Blanche's college friend whom she lost to her roommate, comes to visit and Blanche plans to win him over this time. But when Taylor arrives, he's interested in Rose, and she and Blanche fight over him. Guest Stars: Dick Van Patten, Pamela Dunlap Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Pamela Dunlap and Dick Van Patten.
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 12:30 am
Description:
Chuy is upset because Roland and Brad don't let him play volleyball with the other guys. But Chuy is even more upset when he finds out that Roland has let Rose on the team. Guest Stars: Stephen James Carver, Ricardo Montalban Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Don Cheadle, Rue McClanahan, Ricardo Montalban and Stephen James Carver.
Date/Time: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 at 12:00 am
Description:
There is a comedy competition at the Golden Palace, and Sophia wants her old friend to enter. Rose begins dating a man named Bill because he looks like her late husband, Charlie. Guest Stars: George Burns, Eddie Albert, Bill Engvall Starring Betty White, Don Cheadle, Rue McClanahan, Cheech Marin, Estelle Getty, Bill Engvall, George Burns and Edward Albert.
Date/Time: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 at 12:30 am
Description:
The Golden Palace is having a party to celebrate its grand reopening. A news crew is coming, and Rose has gotten Gerald Davenport, Florida's most acclaimed restaurant critic, to review the restaurant's food. Guest Stars: Eric Christmas, Bill Morey, Stephen Root, Jeanne Mori Starring Betty White, Estelle Getty, Don Cheadle, Rue McClanahan, Cheech Marin, Eric Christmas, Bill Morey, Stephen Root and Jeanne Mori.
Date/Time: Thursday, December 29, 2005 at 12:00 am
Description:
Rose finds out that her car was stolen while Sophia was driving it without Rose's permission. Blanche's boyfriend Bobby Liee, a cattle baron, wants her to marry him and have his children. Guest Stars: Dick Gautier, Debra Engle Starring Betty White, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Estelle Getty, Cheech Marin, Debra Engle and Dick Gautier.
Date/Time: Thursday, December 29, 2005 at 12:30 am
Description:
Sophia's friend Gladys Goldfine breaks her hip and gives Sophia her tickets to The Price Is Right. Roland's mother Louise, who is recently divorced from his father, visits. Guest Stars: Ja'net DuBois, Ken Kercheval, Daryl Roach Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Estelle Getty, Ja'Net Dubois, Ken Kercheval and Daryl Roach.
Date/Time: Friday, December 30, 2005 at 2:00 am
Description:
After Sophia falls asleep on the job, Rose tells her that she should go on vacation. Roland gets a job offer from the Carlton Hotel Chain, and he tells Chuy . Chuy says that Roland should tell the ladies about the offer in order to get a raise, but he tells Chuy not to tell anyone. Guest Stars: George Cranford, Robert Rockwell Starring Betty White, Cheech Marin, Rue McClanahan, Don Cheadle, Estelle Getty, Georgie Cranford and Robert Rockwell.