View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 08:29 PM   #23
valentina warner

Cool BLAIR + JO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Blair whimpered because they were discussing how hot headed Jo is and was worried Jo would go postal on her. Her saying who cares about the dress was not about Jo's feelings, it was about Jo's reaction. Blair is one of my favorite characters as well, but you can't deny her first choice for every problem was using money to make it go away. Also Blair never said that line. Her quote was, "it's ok. We'll simply buy you a new engine" when she saw Jo was upset. She then gets her check book and hands Jo a blank check saying to fill in the amount. Natalie then says "bad move Blair". That kind of response is buying your way out of a problem you created instead of trying to resolve it like friends.

Yes, i see your point of view now: BLAIR does tend to ease herself out of a situation by solving anything with money, very true....

NAT is very perceptive about it, and that's why i love her character too: she always tries to find a way to help her two older friends, and the prove for it is that every time JO and BLAIR have an argument, she steps in the middle to mend it!

But i still believe MONICA and DAVID have a lot to answer for BLAIR's behaviour: their only answer has always been to shove her with money (like on the episode 'Daddy's girl' when he practically throws money at her) and don't get me wrong cos i like them too and they mean well, but as parental figure they have less to offer.

I guess not everyone can be MRS G ha ha ha!
valentina warner is online now   Reply With Quote