View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 12:41 AM   #24
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Their friendship in real life really showed onscreen. All their friendships in real life did.
But even if they didn't, that's their job, to "pretend" it, lol.

Quote:
As for Bea and Betty, the scenes where Dorothy snaps at Rose or hits her on the head, you can see Bea's facial expression where she wishes she could do more than just that to hurt Betty
See, I don't see that. I see her playing Dorothy as written. So I'm glad I don't let a different thought affect my enjoyment of it since it's one of my favorite shows.

Quote:
They're not rumors. Betty went on record proving the rumors Bea didn't like her.
No no, with "rumors" I meant if anyone had started a rumor about Nancy and Lisa, as an example. I know Bea wasn't "fond" of Betty, as Betty puts it. With what's been shared, I think that fits more than "disliked" (I really remember a Larry King interview Betty did).

Quote:
What's worst is everyone felt relieved when they got to do The Golden Palace because Bea wasn't there. I'm glad the girls of The Facts of Life didn't have this.
Well Bea was sooooo unhappy the last couple of seasons doing GG. So no wonder a change was a relief, lol.

Quote:
I stopped watching I Love Lucy years ago so I don't remember how they were onscreen. I don't care for Lucy always getting spanked by Ricky just because she wants to do something for herself.
Yeah, I haven't actively watched L in years. And I always "liked" Lucy but loved Ethel.

Quote:
How many minutes are shows in syndication now? They were 20 minutes back in 2000. I remember ION's syndicated versions of Alice were like 18 or 19 minutes I believe. I don't get how syndication can air older sitcoms that ran from 24 to 26 minutes and trim them down to 19 minutes expecting them to make sense. And how many networks have editors doing the trimming that appreciated these classic shows? Or worst, old enough to remember them. God 80s we're getting so old
We're just..."maturing". I just delve into my favorite '80s shows too much to think about it!
'80sSitcoms is online now   Reply With Quote