View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 12:31 AM   #23
Christopher
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
I think that's more from fans "wanting" to see that on GG or A, so they do. I know with GG fans it's the whole "Bea didn't like Betty" thing (which is blown out of proportion). But Bea was still professional about it. And the character of Dorothy did not suffer fools, lol. I could see some fans saying Nancy didn't really get along with Lisa just because of how their characters are, but of course (luckily) we know that wouldn't be true. But all it takes is a rumor and wanting to see something you think is there.

William Frawley and Vivian Vance HATED each other on "I Love Lucy", yet they were professional in front of the cameras and played their roles how they were written.

Me too, though I don't seek TC to watch out.

I think that goes for most of us.

I noticed that with different syndicated prints of "The Golden Girls". Very interesting.

Jo was definitely written to dislike Blair in the beginning but they made so many episodes where we see Jo care about Blair. They snap at each other, yes, but in the end they really care about each other. Their friendship in real life really showed onscreen. All their friendships in real life did. That's what makes it special As for Bea and Betty, the scenes where Dorothy snaps at Rose or hits her on the head, you can see Bea's facial expression where she wishes she could do more than just that to hurt Betty They're not rumors. Betty went on record proving the rumors Bea didn't like her. What's worst is everyone felt relieved when they got to do The Golden Palace because Bea wasn't there. I'm glad the girls of The Facts of Life didn't have this.

I stopped watching I Love Lucy years ago so I don't remember how they were onscreen. I don't care for Lucy always getting spanked by Ricky just because she wants to do something for herself.

How many minutes are shows in syndication now? They were 20 minutes back in 2000. I remember ION's syndicated versions of Alice were like 18 or 19 minutes I believe. I don't get how syndication can air older sitcoms that ran from 24 to 26 minutes and trim them down to 19 minutes expecting them to make sense. And how many networks have editors doing the trimming that appreciated these classic shows? Or worst, old enough to remember them. God 80s we're getting so old
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote