View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 11:52 AM   #4
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

A few years back I was fortunate enough to visit the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis. It is at the site of the former Lorraine Motel where MLK was murdered. The museum is fascinating in its own right, but there is also a lot on the assassination of MLK including a whole separate exhibit at the boarding house where JER was.

I'm 50/50 on whether or not he did it all alone. I tend to go with the prevailing thought on this too, that all the evidence points towards JER. I don't think there was ever a "Raul" directing his activities. However, there are some oddities about how it all went down that I never knew before visiting the museum.

What I was really ignorant about was all of the surveillance that the U.S. Government had put on MLK. He was basically being tracked like a terrorist and the FBI did some rotten stuff when it came to him. I'm not saying MLK was killed by a government conspiracy. I am saying that there is a lot more to this story so there is the potential this was more than just JER acting alone.

If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend visiting the museum in Memphis. Some of the exhibits are really difficult to see, but I think it should be mandatory for all Americans (especially those of us who weren't alive during the civil rights era).
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote