View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #8
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frump
I know the theme of the show is Oliver is like the only normal person living in a surreal world where everyone is weird. But have you noticed when Oliver is NOT around and other Green Acres characters interact with eachother, they act pretty normal. Like in a few episodes I remember Oliver was not there and Lisa and Eb were alone and interacting and they acted pretty normal and were just having a normal conversation, but when Oliver comes in they start acting NUTS again.
I'm not sure I'd even call him normal. I'd say a normal person who's a successful lawyer could want to become a farmer and adopt the rural life. But would a normal person buy a dump like that, especially one who's supposedly a smart lawyer? We know Haney can't normally put one over on him, yet he did with Green Acres. I suppose you could say his farming obsession was driving him.

Also, would a normal person make long orations about the American farmer? When he was doing that, Drucker (one who's fairly normal), Ziffel, Kiley, Lisa, etc. thought HE was nuts.

There's no doubt he was in a surreal world, but to me, he was part of it too, in his own way.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote