View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 02:37 PM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Jussie Smollett Makes his First Statement Since Attack: "My Body is Strong but My Soul is Stronger"
by Derek Lawrence
Feb. 1 2019

Jussie Smollett has broken his silence on being the victim of an apparent racial and homophobic attack. On Friday, three days after being hospitalized in Chicago, the "Empire" star made his first public comments.

“Let me start by saying that I’m OK,” he said in a statement obtained by EW. “My body is strong but my soul is stronger. More importantly, I want to say thank you. The outpouring of love and support from my village has meant more than I will ever be able to truly put into words.”

He continued by briefly touching on the investigation, with police currently looking for two persons of interest.

“I am working with authorities and have been 100 percent factual and consistent on every level,” he insisted. “Despite my frustrations and deep concern with certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations that have been spread, I still believe that justice will be served.”

He concluded, “As my family stated, these types of cowardly attacks are happening to my sisters, brothers, and non-gender conforming siblings daily. I am not and should not be looked upon as an isolated incident. We will talk soon and I will address all details of this horrific incident, but I need a moment to process.

Most importantly, during times of trauma, grief and pain, there is still a responsibility to lead with love. It’s all I know. And that can’t be kicked out of me.
”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/02/01/jussie-smollett-statement/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote