View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Empire resumes filming in Chicago amid reports that the cast is getting armed security in response to Jussie Smollett's assault

Varity reports that filming is "fluid" for the rest of the week. Entertainment Tonight and TMZ report that the cast members, including Smollett, will be given armed guards after he was viciously attacked early this morning in a possible hate crime on the streets of Chicago. Variety reports that it's not known if Smollett's injuries will affect production.

Ellen DeGeneres expresses support for Jussie Smollett

"Four years ago, @JussieSmollett came out on my show. Iím sending him and his family so much love today," Ellen tweeted with the heart emoji in response to news that the Empire star was hospitalized following an apparent hate crime.

UPDATE:
  • Fox and 20th Century Fox Television responds to the attack: "The entire studio, network and production stands united in the face of any despicable act of violence and hate ó and especially against one of our own.Ē
    Empire co-creator Danny Strong tweeted: Iím deeply horrified and saddened by the racist and homophobic attacks against @JussieSmollett. He is a kind and profoundly talented soul whom I respect with all my heart. The terror of racism and homophobia has no place in our society, it is the most indecent way to live...whoever did this, do not forget that you are nothing but hate filled cowards while Jussieís talent and activism will continue to shine a bright light on to the world for decades to come."
    Empire co-creator Lee Daniels posts an emotional video: "Jussie you are my son...You are better than that. We are better than that. America is better than that...No racist f*ck can come in and do the things they did to you. Hold your head up, Jussie. I'm with you. I'll be there in a minute. It's just another f*cking day in America."
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote