View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 07:08 AM   #1
James T

Default Lourdes Healing-English Actress

Just watching this & thought one of the actresses was a star in Eastenders which has been a huge soap opera over here for over 30 years. Yep it is Lucy Speed who did an interview where it was mentioned-hilariously she got the host of the show wrong & when it was filmed.

Awwww. What else did you do acting-wise from 1995-1999?

I worked on two things for American TV. One was for a show called The New Adventures of Robin Hood. I played Maid Marian's cousin Iris, who was put under a magic spell by the wicked queen. I think it turned out all right in the end. That was shot in Lithuania, and those Lithuanians got me mighty drunk one night on orange vodka and cranberry vodka. I didn't realize at the time it was 100 percent vodka! I didn't black out but... Well, I'll leave the rest to your imagination. So THAT'S what you meant about the interesting stuff that happened after your first year on EastEnders! Well, I wasn't a minor, I was of legal age. Needless to say few experiences will be able to match up to that. (Laughs) It was a lot of fun.

And your other American TV job?

Oh, that was for Unsolved Mysteries, hosted by Mr. William Shatner. I played this terminally ill girl taken to Lourdes by her friends and family hoping for a miracle. We actually shot that at Lourdes and I almost didn't get to go because the night before I was to leave I realized to my horror that my passport had expired six months earlier! I managed to get them to change my flight for six hours later-it was on a Saturday-and so I spent the entire morning waiting on line at the passport office. That was the real miracle- getting your passport sorted.

Yes! I simply HAD TO appear on Unsolved Mysteries. I HAD TO!
James T is offline   Reply With Quote