View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 11:22 AM   #1
Goldeneye
Occasional Poster

Default Most controversial episodes in the series...

I will warn that I haven't seen all of the episodes and it also depends on how one defines controversial.

That said, here is my list, in no order, of the most controversial episodes in the series...

1. "What Do You Do with a Drunken Sailor?" - Season 5, Episode 5 - Things got so real, especially the last ten minutes or so
2. "Why Did the Fireman...?" - Season 5, Episode 18 - basically the second half of the episode took a very different feel than normal
3. "The Slow Child" - Season 3, Episode 15 - Mostly due to the usage of the "R" word to refer to Amy (by both Squiggy and Shirley) - I believe that term started to be controversial by the time this originally aired (early 1978)
4. "The Playboy Show" - Season 8, Episode 5 - For obvious reasons, this is one of the likely R-rated episodes
5. "The Road To Burbank" - Season 6, Episode 8 - mostly in the second half of this and especially Squiggy's version of the events (with the girls in lingerie and fishnets, probably one of the more R-rated episodes for that alone)
6. "I Do, I Do" - Season 6, Episode 13 - The marijuana brownies - and one of the episodes quite often skipped in reruns
7. "Good Time Girls" - Season 2, Episode 8 - the part where the girls' dates try to make out with the girls
8. "The Bully Show" - Season 4, Episode 8 - similar to "Good Time Girls," where Laverne's date tries to bully her into making out with him

Some or all of these eight episodes may fit in other people's lists of most controversial - there are episodes that can be dramatic, but not quite enough to be controversial (Including "A Visit To The Cemetery," "The Robbery" and "Laverne's Arranged Marriage", for starters).

Last edited by Goldeneye; 03-27-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Goldeneye is offline   Reply With Quote