View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
biffbronson
"My Three Sons" Fan

There were lots of ties between the series. Sam Drucker visited the Clampetts in Beverly Hills, and all of the Clampetts visited Hooterville. I guess the play/parody was a good example of Green Acres not taking itself too seriously...!

And yes -- there was as you mention a brief spoof of The Beverly Hillbillies on Petticoat Junction, with Betty Jo and Steve and others in the Clampett truck.

Following the cancellation of Petticoat Junction in 1970, Mike Minor, Lori Saunders, and Charles Lane all got work on The Beverly Hillbillies as other characters. Of course, in the case of Mike and Lori especially, the Clampetts already "knew" them (as Steve and Bobbie Jo). Odd to see them play other roles so soon after the end of PJ, but reinforcing closeness of the Henning family of shows.

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."

"What's the word?" (Paul Martin) ~~ "I don't want money for nothing." (Timmy Martin) -- Lassie ROCKS! WORD UP

"It's just a dugout that my dad built... In case the reds decide to push the button down..."
biffbronson is offline   Reply With Quote