View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 03:37 PM   #77
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!! View Post
I think the one episode format can be successful. Like it or not the old format did not last the test of time in regards to gaining and keeping viewers. there were too many poor quality segments and in turn the show did not age well. Viewers like myself and many others obviously remained loyal, but even the loyal viewers have all complained about this on here. I think taking one good story and making it high quality is important. In some ways UM were already doing this with their final appeal format as Labonte18 mentioned. I also look back at some of the 20-30 minute segments like Audrey Moate, Rudolph Hess, Huey Long etc. those were high quality and went into more depth than the shorter ones. I enjoy those.
Huey Long and Amelia Earhart were two of the finest segments, I think, they ever did. You could do a 2 hour episode on Amelia Earhart. And Discovery/History seems to do just that every year or two

Unfortunately, those are also two cases that likely will never be truly "solved".. Regardless of what press releases TIGHAR puts out. I despise them for their sensationalism. Earhart has a better chance than Huey Long. The Long case is strongly suspected that Weiss didn't actually kill him, but again, that's something that can really never truly be known.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote