View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 09:25 PM   #11
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
The cynic in me wants to say she researched beforehand, but then again why use an alias and be filmed in silhouette?
Well, Ed Walters certainly did.

Quote:
Outside of the article which talks about UM and the UM segment, I don't see any signs that this woman was seeking publicity or financial gain. And I don't know why she would decide to fake the story while she was seeing a shrink for weight loss.
This is a fair point. It could very well be this woman truly believed the spirit of a deceased sailor rested in her. It's a little more difficult for me to envision the therapist also truly believing the spirit of a deceased sailor rests in his client, but I surmise it's possible. I'm not sure if I think it's as likely as one or both seeking publicity or financial gain, however.

Quote:
The only logical theory I can come up with is that she had a recurring nightmare as a kid about drowning (possibly a movie she saw about Pearl Harbor as a kid), and the hypnosis session brought this out. I can't explain the naming of John Gillespie though.
If I'm understanding it correctly, Sharon didn't mention that name until she was at the Arizona memorial, right?

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote