Thread: Curt Borton Jr.
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #32
egswanso
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejazz87
What was illogical was what happened to the family in terms of being followed, phone called and forced to sign certain papers. As for the sightings, I think the sister would recognize her own brother. She could have just been seeing things, but it happened in three different locations apparently...and I guess her children even recognized their uncle.

I would probably dismiss the entire thing too if it wasn't for all of the strange incidents that happened to the family. Sure they could be lying about everything, but I don't see what the motive would be. Wouldn't get them any closer.
If any of that even happened, of course.

Curt Borton was a pretty regular looking guy; nothing particularly unique about him; I see a couple people who look like him almost daily. IMO, neither of the pictures shown in the segment look much like him.

The father can't read, so he doesn't know what he signed and the whole story just doesn't make sense. Why would DOD personnel stalk someone to make them sign something? The Gov't doesn't need the family's permission to declare a soldier dead, they just can. Curt is still on the MIA lists as well and the official (gov't issued!) last known to be alive list, so again, the family's story just isn't consistent with reality.

The "sightings" also occurred 15-20 years after the sister last saw him, he'd look a little different, especially after some time in a VC camp. I don't quite know how children who never met someone would "recognize" him. Of all the supposed "incidents," I believe the sister truly does BELIEVE she saw her brother, I just find it highly unlikely she did.

I can't say they are lying, but why would they - the same reason psychics lie, people telling ghost stories lie, and countless others lied on Unsolved Mysteries - publicity and money. At best, maybe they thought the publicity of the "incidents" would get the gov't to look into the matter. To be honest, my belief that they are being disingenuous is much higher since they apparently won't cooperate in giving a DNA sample to match to the bones identified as Curt's. Want an answer? There it is.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote