View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #33
UMfan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bates
One theory that immediately popped into my head was the possibility that David was under the influence of some kind of drug(s) and that this led to his odd and disoriented behavior. Now, I'm not trying to paint all New Age followers as LSD-dropping hippies, but I do wonder if he hadn't taken some kind of hallucinogenic to aid him in his "vision quest". Peyote, perhaps?

I've never experimented with hallucinogens, but I've certainly heard stories of people experiencing "bad trips" while using them. Perhaps that is what happened to David, and he didn't even really know what he was doing when he wandered off into the desert.
True, he could've been high on something. A witness observed him talking to himself. But maybe he was the type of person that spoke to himself, I don't know. Another witness had asked him if he needed a ride and observed that he was wearing shorts, which he thought was strange because it was cold out. All that odd behavior may indicate that he was under the influence of a hallucinogent. We may never know.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote