View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 04:24 PM   #19
danderson400
Forum Regular

A few more from AW.

'STANDING ON THE BRIDGE LATE THIS AFTERNOON IS MELISSA PALMER. WHENEVER SHE WALKS ON CAMPUS YOU MAY BE SURE SHE DRESSES TO FIT THE PART. NO, SHE ISN'T WEARING TIGHT PANTS AS MANY OF THE COEDS DO, BUT A STRAIGHT SKIRT, PULLOVER SWEATER AND CARDIGAN. ONE COULD VERY WELL MISTAKE HER FOR ONE OF THE STUDENTS. [...]'

Bill: "Oh it's you, I didn't recognize you. I just wondered who it was who threw something into the creek."
Missy (Intro Line): "Yes, it's me. Did you think I was-- one of the students?"

Tom: “I never told you I loved you, Pat.”
Pat: “You mean you mean we’re – we’re not going to be married?”
Tom: “I never mentioned marriage to you.”
Pat: “But you said – I thought you said –“
Tom: “I can’t help what you thought. I never mentioned the word love, nor marriage.”
Pat: “Oh God.”
Tom: “Look Pat –“
Pat: “I’m – I’m not – not really a whole woman to you anymore, am I. I’m sterile – sterile –”
Tom: “Pat. (WAY OFF IN THE DISTANCE, AS SHE STANDS ALMOST TRANSFIXED FOR THE MOMENT, SHE HEARS A BABY CRY.)”
Pat: “I lost – something. I lost – something –”
THE BABY CRY BECOMES LOUDER AND THE ROOM BEGINS TO BE FILLED WITH BABY CRIES.
Pat: “(SOFTLY) Stop it, oh God, stop it. I’m sterile – I’m sterile – (QUIETLY CRYING).”
SHE TURNS, AND STILL HEARING THE BABY CRY, WITH HER HANDS TO HER EARS AS THEY WERE ONCE BEFORE, SHE MAKES HER WAY TO THE DOOR – AND AS SHE DOES HER EYES GO TO THE CHAIR WHERE THERE ARE FRANK’S CLOTHES. ON TOP OF THE CLOTHES IS A SMALL GUN. SHE PUTS HER HANDS DOWN, PICKS UP THE GUN. SHE LOOKS AT IT AND TURNS IT TOWARD HERSELF. TOM, FRIGHTENED, TAKES A STEP TOWARD HER.
Tom: “Patricia – the gun may be loaded – (SHE ISN’T LOOKING AT HIM, SHE DOESN’T HEAR HIM, SHE JUST HAS HER HAND ON THE GUN TURNED TOWARD HER.)”
Tom: “Hurting yourself won’t solve anything, Pat, not anything. (HE TAKES ONE MORE STEP TOWARD HER. HE’S NOT REAL CLOSE TO HER. HE HOLDS OUT HIS HAND.)”
Tom: “Patricia – Pat, give me the gun. (SHE LOOKS AT HIM WITH UNSEEING EYES. THE ROOM IS STILL FILLED WITH BABY CRIES.)”
Tom: (Exit Line) “Give me the gun, Pat. (SHE TURNS THE GUN AS THOUGH TO HAND IT TO HIM, AND THEN PULLS THE TRIGGER TWICE. SEE A STARTLED LOOK ON TOM’S FACE AND HE FALLS. THE BABY CRIES STOP WITH THE FALL OF THE BODY. HER ARM GOES TO HER SIDE, SHE STILL HOLDS THE GUN. SHE LOOKS AHEAD OF HER WITH UNSEEING EYES. CUT TO TOM’S BODY, AND TAKE IT OUT.)”
danderson400 is offline   Reply With Quote