View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 08:50 AM   #22
David77
Frequent Poster

The Cunningham's house set and the Arnold's set were right next to eachother. Arnold's was in the center and the Cunnigham's was to the right if you faced the stage. They were separate sets on the same floor. Any other sets that were used or built for the week were to the left of the stage. Sometimes they used the Arnold's area for big scenes. The bathroom set was on wheels and it was rolled in. Fronzie's Bedroom was to the left of Arnold's but it wasn't always up. Next question: How did I do it?
Will power. I have a very successful brother who has created many hit tv shows. Back in those days he had gone from Rhode Island on to work in tv as a writer in Hollywood. He is twelve years older than I am. So he left for Hollywood and became succesful. I was still a kid. My father really wanted me to follow in my brothers footsteps. It was his dream to see both our names together on tv. I felt that I had to prove to my father that I could do it. All along I was doing music too. So when I was eighteen I left for Hollywood. I wrote about twelve speculation scripts and sent them to agents all over Hollywood. Luckily for me big talent agencies also had apprentice agent programs at that time and this apprentice agent from Creative Artists Agency picked up on my scripts. She was just starting out and was hungry to work and so was I. They signed me onto Creative Artists and She sent my scripts over to Happy Days. Walter Kempley read a Fish episode that I wrote on spec and they set up an appointment to meet with me. When I went to the meeting he hired me on the spot. They hired me, Alan Goldstien, who wrote the Halloween episode, and Jeff Franklin went to Laverne & Shirley. Jeff later went on to create Full House. I did it without my brother's help. That was huge for me personally because I had this shadow over me most of my teen years. Walter Kempley had no idea who my brother was at that time even though he was producing Mash that year. However my father had past away and never saw any of this happen. Later on in life I worked for my brother on Blossom and both our names were up there on the screen so My Dad did get his wish. It just took fifteen years.

Last edited by David77; 10-09-2002 at 12:08 PM.
David77 is offline   Reply With Quote