View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Exclamation Update: A&E Lifts Phil Robertson's Suspension from "Duck Dynasty"

"Duck Dynasty" Star Phil Robertson Suspended over Anti-Gay Remarks
12/18/13

A&E has suspended "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson following anti-gay comments he made in a recent GQ profile, according to a report by Entertainment Weekly.

In an interview with GQ's Drew Magary, the head of the family in the wildly popular A&E series expressed his view that homosexuality was immoral, likening it to bestiality. Some of the remarks were made using off-color language.

Backlash was widespread and pronounced, including condemnation from GLAAD and the Human Rights Campaign.

He told the magazine:

Quote:
It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a manís anus. Thatís just me. Iím just thinking: Thereís more there! Sheís got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what Iím saying? But hey, sin: Itís not logical, my man. Itís just not logical.

Everything is blurred on whatís right and whatís wrong. Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men. Donít be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they wonít inherit the kingdom of God.

Donít deceive yourself. Itís not right.

A&E released a statement:

Quote:
We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertsonís comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series "Duck Dynasty". His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.
They later added that this only applies to Phil Roberston and does not affect the other family members.

Following the news of Robertson's suspension, a tweet from the account of former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin defended the "Duck Dynasty" star:

"Free speech is endangered species; those "intolerants" hatin' & taking on Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing personal opinion take on us all"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1..._4469887.html?
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 12-27-2013 at 08:36 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote